Connecting wheel to smartwatch problem

mike_bike_kite

I have an Inmotion V5f and a Ticwatch Pro (wear os) watch. I'll admit I'm not very good with the wheel, the watch or the mobile phone but I managed to connect the wheel to my phone quite easily and Wheellog works perfectly. I tried connecting my smart watch using the app but it didn't find the wheel at all. I then figured it might need the wheel paired (?) to the smart watch. I tried this and it then asked for a pin. I found out the pin is 000000 and entered that. Now on the watch shows the wheel under bluetooth devices but it say the wheel is unavailable. I've tried only having the watch in the room, restarting the wheel etc but it still shows as unavailable.

The phone will connect without problems. Equally strange is I don't remember needing a pin when first connecting the phone to the wheel.

Any ideas?

Mike

If you are using wheellog you connect the watch to your phone then click on the watchface in wheelog  on your phone (orange means connected).

You can't connect both your watch and the phone to the wheel at the same time. So if you're using wearwheel on your watch you have to make sure your phone isn't connecting to the wheel as well,

Edited by tessa25
  • Like 1

Many thanks for replying! I tried what you said: I made the watch forget about the wheel. The phone seems to indicate it's connected to the watch. The phone is connected to the wheel though it does lose connection quite regularly. The little wheel icon on the watch just goes round and round and says it's scanning. 

19 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I have an Inmotion V5f and a Ticwatch Pro (wear os) watch. I'll admit I'm not very good with the wheel, the watch or the mobile phone but I managed to connect the wheel to my phone quite easily and Wheellog works perfectly. I tried connecting my smart watch using the app but it didn't find the wheel at all. I then figured it might need the wheel paired (?) to the smart watch. I tried this and it then asked for a pin. I found out the pin is 000000 and entered that. Now on the watch shows the wheel under bluetooth devices but it say the wheel is unavailable. I've tried only having the watch in the room, restarting the wheel etc but it still shows as unavailable.

The phone will connect without problems. Equally strange is I don't remember needing a pin when first connecting the phone to the wheel.

Any ideas?

Mike

First, there is no app that allows you to connect your V5F to Ticwatch Pro watch directly. Wear Wheel app works with King Song wheels only and seems to be no longer actively developed. WheelLog support Pebble, Samsung and Garmin watches, but doesn't support Wear OS / Android Wear.

The only app I know is EUC World that provide Wear OS companion app, so you can use your watch as a smart dashboard for EUC World application. In this scenario you'll need both phone and watch.

1. Install EUC World from Google Play store.
  2. Connect it with your wheel and set up according to your preferences.
  3. Make sure Ticwatch Pro is correctly paired with your phone (using Wear OS phone app).
  4. Enter Google Play on your Ticwatch Pro, scroll down and look for the "Apps on your phone" section.
  5. Install EUC World on your watch.
  6. Start EUC World app on your phone and tap on watch icon in the top right corner. This should start EUC World companion app on your watch and allow both to communicate.

Keep in mind that it may take several seconds for EUC World watch app to start and initialize. Wear OS watches are not a speed daemons, unfortunately. Once it's up and running lagging will be much less.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Seems to work great. I'll take it for a proper run tomorrow. Thank you for your help. I just gave you 5 stars on the Play Store.

Thank you and I'm glad I helped :)

6 hours ago, Seba said:

First, there is no app that allows you to connect your V5F to Ticwatch Pro watch directly.

Is it true that Wear OS does not support pairing to non-audio Bluetooth devices? (except phones, obviously, and health sensors) I tried BT pairing my Wear OS watch to GPS and IoT sensors, no luck.

4 hours ago, Aneta said:

Is it true that Wear OS does not support pairing to non-audio Bluetooth devices? (except phones, obviously, and health sensors) I tried BT pairing my Wear OS watch to GPS and IoT sensors, no luck.

Hmm... I don't know about Wear OS and Bluetooth but can't you pair your Android Phone to the EUC and use it as a speaker? I've also seen people bring a wireless speaker with them on their belt loop / backpack and use that as well. Not really an answer to your situation, but some work around options! :)