Jump to content
WaveCut

INMOTION V11 (2020)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Worth remembering that Duf left the wheel bath in rainwater for a week for the bearings to go bad. And it’s the only V11 unit that has a reported an issue with the bearings. Or anything water related really. I think Inmotion changing the bearings because of this is almost an overreaction. The Z bearings have after all been used in some other EUCs as well. IM truly seems to be aiming for perfection with this one.

You are already familiar with the 18L. Of the wheels I’ve tried, KS fw 2.x requires the least amount of effort to accelerate. I’m afraid you will never find a wheel that accelerate with less effort than that. 18” is 18”, nothing more can be done to overcome that. If you need peppier acceleration, your only choice is a smaller tire diameter.

I recently purchased the V11 and it has noticeably better acceleration than my 18L, so it isn't just tire size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it true that peak motor power is only 3000W? When i accelerate on my 16x i often exceed 3k W, i really like v11 but i dont wanna soend my money on potencialy weaker wheel:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To people going all happy go nally about Chooch saying V11 is better then S18. Just a reminder, he never said it. 

He said "I would take the V11 over S18 on this track!" :facepalm:

Not that he would take the V11 overall. 

But its good to know that V11 will be a solid off-road wheel on terrain with not so many bumps/rocks and other extremities. 

My S18 is on the way and Imma buy V11 on Christmas i think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, 

I am in progress of the suspension project for one of the wheels - anybody knows the type / source / prices of the air shocks used in V11  ?

I am looking for this or similar type as shown here in the V11 dismantle  https://ecodrift.ru/2020/07/23/inmotion-v11-razbiraem-ch-1/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lukasz said:

Hello, 

I am in progress of the suspension project for one of the wheels - anybody knows the type / source / prices of the air shocks used in V11  ?

I am looking for this or similar type as shown here in the V11 dismantle  https://ecodrift.ru/2020/07/23/inmotion-v11-razbiraem-ch-1/ 

I don't know what they are using, but maybe look for something like this: https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/00483941

This one might be interesting: https://www.gasspringsshop.com/product/gas-spring-8-19-stroke-100/

Edited by FreeRide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank You for the links, I will explore in details, for now what I see is that those gas springs from the links are filled with specific pressure and does not allow to change pressure in them, anyway I will try to explore their offers and ask around if they have versions with valve...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

Thank You for the links, I will explore in details, for now what I see is that those gas springs from the links are filled with specific pressure and does not allow to change pressure in them, anyway I will try to explore their offers and ask around if they have versions with valve...

Ya, at least one of those is fixed.  I thought one was adjustable, but not sure how.  They are just pointers though so maybe you can find the right thing to search on and locate the correct part.  Those on the V11 look like something that might be part of a larger coil-over shock and they just took the pheumatic portion; however the travel is pretty short so I suspect it's primary application is something different.

Edited by FreeRide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

Those on the V11 look like something that might be part of a larger coil-over shock and they just took the pheumatic portion; however the travel is pretty short so I suspect it's primary application is something different.

That is what I expect - for sure they have used something existing already on the market- I wonder if this is maybe some kind of insert from the bike fork... 

Thank You for help. If anybody has an idea where those V11 shocks come from  / what type they are I am very interested to find out.

Travel is 90 mm, and total length is around 400 mm as far as I see from the pictures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, onizukagto said:

 

I think waterproofing is fine.

 

I remember seeing avideo of Inmotion themselves spraying the V11 until dripping wet and it rolled off fine. Unfortunately i just combed this thread and i can't for the life of me find the link to that video.

If you want opinion on the water proofing, you can watch EVX video:

 

I think the points of the fan intake, is a valid place for water to get int here, but the circuit board housing has a beefy gasket ans the electronic board itself does have conformal coating to seal it (water resistant)  you can see it in the Inmotion factory tour video.

The fan is waterproof and only if you are intentionally spraying water (like in the video above) at that area, you might get water into it, but doing so is actually above the IP55 rating.
(There is  big gap between IP55 and IP56).

As for example of "water damage" only Duf experience that, which was a mechanical problem, not electronic.

I haven’t seen anyone mention this, but the fan actually blows outward toward the control board. The fan pushes out a good amount of air, with it on I don’t think water would accumulate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Jpd said:

I haven’t seen anyone mention this, but the fan actually blows outward toward the control board. The fan pushes out a good amount of air, with it on I don’t think water would accumulate. 

I wonder if the fan speed logic is only controlled by the headlamp status, or if it can also be turned on to cool the metal mainboard enclosure during high temp usage (i.e. hillcimbs).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Marty Backe fantastic video! 

 

Edit: Shame you didn't show you going back up the cliff, those slopes look proper steep, judging by how careful you were going down them.

Edited by onizukagto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Unventor said:

Btw about bearing questions.

Liam from Inmotion said today all 2nd batch wheels has the RS bearing. 

He also said that most the accessories including the watch is ready soon. This means power pads, seat, bt speakers and watch. Now there were no news on lights. 

Unfortunately nothing still on price. But then again resellers set their own prices depending on region/country. 

Just a thought .. with the topology change .. combination of wide on diameter magnets , and wide diameter motor bearings .. which opens up the center section .. formerly space occupied with motor shaft , supports and such ..

Do you have any thoughts on weather this topology direction .. might open enough volume / real-estate to potentially get something like one of the 8 speed internal gear shimano hubs might be possible in the future ?

My line of thinking is , a Bicycle (with a fit ~800w peak output rider) with far less power than many EUCs (thanks to gearing) can still climb very steep hills , and travel at 30+ MPH when less torque is needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, onizukagto said:

@Marty Backe fantastic video! 

 

Edit: Shame you didn't show you going back up the cliff, those slopes look proper steep, judging by how careful you were going down them.

Funny, I was thinking the same at the end of the video.....Like what? that's it? what about going back up that steep hill?🤣😂😅. But, nonetheless I always enjoy Marty's video.

Edited by newbie101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, IamIan said:

Just a thought .. with the topology change .. combination of wide on diameter magnets , and wide diameter motor bearings .. which opens up the center section .. formerly space occupied with motor shaft , supports and such ..

Do you have any thoughts on weather this topology direction .. might open enough volume / real-estate to potentially get something like one of the 8 speed internal gear shimano hubs might be possible in the future ?

My line of thinking is , a Bicycle (with a fit ~800w peak output rider) with far less power than many EUCs (thanks to gearing) can still climb very steep hills , and travel at 30+ MPH when less torque is needed.

I believe the space that's been freed up is currently used by the batteries which is why the wheel is so slim. Electric motors on vehicles don't tend to have or need gears - even Tesla's don't have gears. Gearing would add a very real point of failure. The gears would also need to operate in both directions which is difficult to implement. I suspect it would also be difficult to make the rider feel perfectly balanced if the gearing keeps changing in the wheel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Marek Mazur said:

Is it true that peak motor power is only 3000W? When i accelerate on my 16x i often exceed 3k W, i really like v11 but i dont wanna soend my money on potencialy weaker wheel:(

 the instant peak power can go over 5KW sometimes, and the  peak power is not 3Kw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

14 hours ago, Marek Mazur said:

Is it true that peak motor power is only 3000W? When i accelerate on my 16x i often exceed 3k W, i really like v11 but i dont wanna soend my money on potencialy weaker wheel:(

where did you hear that? its listed at 4k the same as almost every other high end wheel lol.... and everybody knows thats conservative

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...