Jump to content
WaveCut

INMOTION V11 (2020)

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Gasmantle said:

I thought I was the only one who thought it is butt ugly, to me it looks like a wardrobe on a wheel.

Make that 3 of us. I think it may even look worse than the MSX (if thats actually possible) :shock2:

I guess theres only so much real estate on an EUC to play with so I spose all designs will be similar to some extent. I bet Lamborghini could come up with something though...I love their angular designs :w00t2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tire rubbing with the H-666? What an outrage :rolleyes:

Silliness aside, the changes look awesome. I'm super curious how it handles with the higher pedals now. I hope somebody gets one around here so I can try it out, ha. It looks pretty comfy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Make that 3 of us. I think it may even look worse than the MSX (if thats actually possible) :shock2:

I guess theres only so much real estate on an EUC to play with so I spose all designs will be similar to some extent. I bet Lamborghini could come up with something though...I love their angular designs :w00t2:

Eh up stranger - I ain't spoken to you for a while.

I guess I'm a bit old school I'd like something with decent power and range but with a simple round shell, I'm intending to buy a Mten3 next week as a fun wheel then buy a more powerful proper wheel in a few months - at the moment I still like the look of the KS18xl for my needs but I guess new technology is surpassing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Gasmantle said:

Eh up stranger - I ain't spoken to you for a while.

I guess I'm a bit old school I'd like something with decent power and range but with a simple round shell, I'm intending to buy a Mten3 next week as a fun wheel then buy a more powerful proper wheel in a few months - at the moment I still like the look of the KS18xl for my needs but I guess new technology is surpassing it.

Well KS18XL is just one of those classics...like it or not. It works very well from a practical point.

I just think the V11 is yet one of those designs that once you start using it it makes more sense....and I suspect it will grow on you.

It is the same story about how people disliked the carbon-lookalike got the thumbs down. But yet it turned out "not so bad afterall" in manys view. Yes not all like it either...that is okey.

I can't really say why I like the V11. I just don't like the S18 looks. I don't like the seeing the insides, almost like seeing the bones. It is the same looking at mc for me. The curved aerodynamic covers make a mc look slick and nice. The bar structure just looks unfinished to me. 

So looking at the V11, it covered the inside. The trolley is practically rugged away hidden in the design lines. 

It is not the prettiest look. But I still like it. I never liked the GW msx look. Still don't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Well KS18XL is just one of those classics...like it or not. It works very well from a practical point.

I just think the V11 is yet one of those designs that once you start using it it makes more sense....and I suspect it will grow on you.

It is the same story about how people disliked the carbon-lookalike got the thumbs down. But yet it turned out "not so bad afterall" in manys view. Yes not all like it either...that is okey.

I can't really say why I like the V11. I just don't like the S18 looks. I don't like the seeing the insides, almost like seeing the bones. It is the same looking at mc for me. The curved aerodynamic covers make a mc look slick and nice. The bar structure just looks unfinished to me. 

So looking at the V11, it covered the inside. The trolley is practically rugged away hidden in the design lines. 

It is not the prettiest look. But I still like it. I never liked the GW msx look. Still don't. 

Agreed - it feels like the V11 is more of a spiritual successor to the Z10, which I still maintain as one of the nicest looking wheels ever made (specs aside).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Well KS18XL is just one of those classics...like it or not. It works very well from a practical point.

I just think the V11 is yet one of those designs that once you start using it it makes more sense....and I suspect it will grow on you.

It is the same story about how people disliked the carbon-lookalike got the thumbs down. But yet it turned out "not so bad afterall" in manys view. Yes not all like it either...that is okey.

I can't really say why I like the V11. I just don't like the S18 looks. I don't like the seeing the insides, almost like seeing the bones. It is the same looking at mc for me. The curved aerodynamic covers make a mc look slick and nice. The bar structure just looks unfinished to me. 

So looking at the V11, it covered the inside. The trolley is practically rugged away hidden in the design lines. 

It is not the prettiest look. But I still like it. I never liked the GW msx look. Still don't. 

In my case it's likely to be 6mths before I buy a top end wheel and things may change in that time, I do like the concept of a suspension wheel and I guess these 2 new wheels will test the water and no doubt a few teething problems will get sorted. If suspension wheels prove reliable then that may be the direction I take.

I'm not a fast performance kind of rider and I'm not an expert in physics either but I do wonder if in the case of high speed aggressive riding the suspension adds an extra element between the rider and the road with a slight loss of feel / delayed response ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, stephen said:

V11 upgrades and changes so far 👍👍 i didn't know they have changed the pedal angle as well as raised it slightly 😊

All good news, but perhaps what I really liked best of these were perhaps the pedal angle adjustment! Along with battery and pro-mode (which I mostly like for the sake of it, I don't ride that fast) this makes me want to check my bank account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gasmantle said:

In my case it's likely to be 6mths before I buy a top end wheel and things may change in that time, I do like the concept of a suspension wheel and I guess these 2 new wheels will test the water and no doubt a few teething problems will get sorted. If suspension wheels prove reliable then that may be the direction I take.

I'm not a fast performance kind of rider and I'm not an expert in physics either but I do wonder if in the case of high speed aggressive riding the suspension adds an extra element between the rider and the road with a slight loss of feel / delayed response ?

I fully agree this is testing the waters. I also think we will see more unsuspended wheels. 

I do expect there will be something that would need fixing. But I think the V11 is better prepared compared to S18. It matters really less as the S18 is not a candidate for me. I like the bigger battery of my KS16X. If I want a smaller battery it is because I need a seriously lighter wheel. The V10f does that. The S18 don't.

When we see 2nd or 3rd generation suspension is when my V11 has done its job. The V11 is just such a benefit for my shortcomings in my knees. I just couldn't sit this out. 

But you will see what I think in a few weeks hopefully. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nils said:

All good news, but perhaps what I really liked best of these were perhaps the pedal angle adjustment! Along with battery and pro-mode (which I mostly like for the sake of it, I don't ride that fast) this makes me want to check my bank account.

Should you find your way to Gothenburg, just reach out. It shouldn't be too long before I have a unit. I am waiting for a date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Should you find your way to Gothenburg, just reach out. It shouldn't be too long before I have a unit. I am waiting for a date.

Thanks, summer is packed, but should that happen I'll take you up on it! Will be nice to hear your thoughts on what the suspension does for the knees :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I fully agree this is testing the waters. I also think we will see more unsuspended wheels. 

I do expect there will be something that would need fixing. But I think the V11 is better prepared compared to S18. It matters really less as the S18 is not a candidate for me. I like the bigger battery of my KS16X. If I want a smaller battery it is because I need a seriously lighter wheel. The V10f does that. The S18 don't.

When we see 2nd or 3rd generation suspension is when my V11 has done its job. The V11 is just such a benefit for my shortcomings in my knees. I just couldn't sit this out. 

But you will see what I think in a few weeks hopefully. 

I kinda think there will be interesting times in the EUC world over the next few years, I guess if you compare us to the car world we are still in the very early stages and with technology advancing at the rate is does there is plenty of scope for development very soon.

I don't know the figures for how many riders there are but my gut reaction is new rider uptake is still slow (at least it seems to be so in the UK). I hoped EUCs might have been a bit more commonplace by now thereby driving down prices and possibly adding more wheels to the range on offer so far.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gasmantle said:

I don't know the figures for how many riders there are but my gut reaction is new rider uptake is still slow (at least it seems to be so in the UK). I hoped EUCs might have been a bit more commonplace by now thereby driving down prices and possibly adding more wheels to the range on offer so far.

I hope it will stay a niche thing. I fear that if people take to EUCs en masse, we will see a wave of regulations that will kill it. Few “crazy” but generally cautious riders are one thing, a crowd of drunken idiots causing accidents is another. Remember Segways. :-( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the new "Go Home" Mode for the Inmotion app. Two voltage plans available at a low battery for inmotion V11.

V11-Go-Home-mode.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like Christmas for an 8 year old! Nothing feels quite like anticipation:)

I'm savoring this feeling...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

 

I think people were initially skeptical about it, then suddenly KingSong jumped in and cash in on the hype and beat inmotion to the market.

I think this made inmotion pause and step back a little. Which i'll admit, i think a lot people thought was a mistake as Kingsong went all in with both feet.

First shipping out review units and also bagging kujiroll to promote them.

But as we can see in hindsight, inmotion wasn't doing nothing.
It was quietly watching, reorganise itself and then launched into another path: interactive and communication with the consumer base. 

Sadly, Kingsong slowly unraveled itself as we can see from the way the disorganisation came back to bite them and then the negative news rolled in, Inmotion is steadily marching forward. 

I'm not saying inmotion will bring out an amazing wheel, im just saying by taking time to do things right, change tactics and watch how the competition stab themselves in the foot, Inmotion doesn't have to much to make some positive things for the V11 to be a good seller.

I think there is a lesson here, Something something turtle and the hare or what......? I forget. :rolleyes::roflmao:
 

Or I would say. If you are to make a game changer product. It is in general good to have a game plan. And listening to your customers isn't a bad idea to include as part of that plan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I agree 200%. I had same this with KS16X and also KS18L. It would take some magic for KS to persuade me to look at their wheel. 

Now it is a detail. But that box just speaks "we mean business" not just a random cartoon box. It is about first impression. And meant to be displayed in a store on shelves too. Just like the Z10 box did the same thing. 

Your point is both valid and I echo your sentiment. I dearly love my 18L and can't complain, but I did upgrade pedals and trolley and have the white shell. The devil is in the details! I'm a fan of the rear mono shock, sorry if I'm in the wrong thread, but I can see how Innmotion is a seemingly safer bet. I just hope that neither idea is patented so heavily, that we won't see even more options of wheels from the same manufacturer. I wonder what it would be like if BOTH companies were releasing the same basic idea? In the end, its lucky for us, as BOTH ideas tho different, are similar in goals. They will be tested in the real world at the same time, thus propelling the development even faster. Exciting times!

Edited by ShanesPlanet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...