WaveCut

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

What is the definition of a “professional rider”?

Presumably gotway riders judging by how some people act  lol didn't you know they go faster so that makes them better  riders than us slow folk happy at 20 to 30mph, just like the v10 isn't a performance wheel debate because it's restricted to 25mph despite it having a 2000W Motor that's comparable to the 'faster' wheels ;)

Edited by Dave Wood

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

There isn’t one. A definition that is. My guess is they meant “advanced”, “more advanced”, or “the most advanced”.

Today’s lesson wasn’t on EUCs though, but on how to communicate with people. Especially with Chinese people who (are trying to) speak English.

There also seems to be riders that are willing to take a lot more risk (professionals?) than others. Nothing wrong with that of course but it definitely allows you to video more cool stuff you did and filter out all the accidents you had getting there. :-)

At 50 years old with an incredibly important job (for my family) I’m not going to do anything that will cause me to face plant other than the wheel cutting out and that wouldn’t be my fault. i’m willing to take that risk. I enjoy watching others take incredible risks. They pull off some cool stuff. 

• Like 1

Thank you @Cumulus Libre. It is nice to know I am not alone with the view let's get this EUC transport more accepted and then maybe tech improvement will allow more speed but right now it just risk EUC getting banned if we like it or not.

I hope to see more of those 50 cents of yours here in the future.

• Like 2

On 4/22/2020 at 5:55 AM, mrelwood said:

Inmotion has mentioned that pumping air to the suspension units once a month is all the maintenance that is required. They have a video on how to do it, it’s dead simple.

But I’m not sure how many years of maintenance that covers. Maybe something else should also be done once every year or two years.

Clean the main tube and occasionally use air spring lube to keep the seals lubricated.

On 4/22/2020 at 10:37 AM, Phong Vu said:

From all my air suspensions in my mountain bike and scooters, I never need to pump more air to it, just need to keep it clean, make sure there is no oil leak, and send to service if it broke...

Either the Inmotion suspension is constantly losing air, or I'm maintaining the air suspensions all wrong :(

Very high-pressure seals supporting 100% of the rider weight & batteries, plus probably not as high of quality suspension--it's not a $500 suspension they're putting in the wheel.

On 4/22/2020 at 11:39 AM, Unventor said:

When they measure a speed they have a few % tolerance added to accommodate any measured speeds. The longer you are away from this the higher risk you have at not getting away with it. 

If you ever see programs on tv with traffic cops how they work you see how they let people go when it is a borderline offence.  Where the more offences and bigger they get they are less likely to let this slip.

You call it what you like. I will still argue the more wheels that are above 50kmh the more risk it is we get the police focus upon us. 

I rather be able to ride in outskirts at 30-35 kmh than getting a ban because people push their limits partly for trolls partly to show off how pro they are. 

And this is something I still have to see any good point to swing my opinion.

There is one thing. The requirement of a EUC above 25kmh riders licence. If that were in place then I am all in for it. Because that means that someone riding bad in traffic can loose their rights. 

It is good for you that you can use your current wheels for life and only replace the batteries and a little axle grease. The rest of the world might like a technology update.

On 4/30/2020 at 9:43 AM, B08AH said:

And i think top speed is a bit overrated. It may be "fun" but it is too impractical.

Top speed does not contribute that much to average speed in a city, while drawing way more power. There is a lot of tall curbs, traffic lights, pedestrians and so on, to frequently slow me down or even stop. I experimented with limiting my top speed and have some results. With 40kmh limit I had 20kmh average (23.3km in 1h 10m). And with 25kmh limit my average speed only reduced to 17.5 kmh (15% slower), while power draw reduced by ~40%, i.e almost twice the range per charge.

Average speed does not take into account the speed people travel at when it is safe to do so. Average speed would be a lot slower if the top speed was a lot slower. Thankfully many people ride safely, as @travsformation describes:

On 5/16/2020 at 7:14 AM, travsformation said:

Urban and suburban riding (bike lanes, side-walk riding + pedestrians,  etc.), as well as off-roading, probably (partially) account for those stats.

Also, take into account that these aren't average cruising speeds, but average speed in motion, so they include acceleration, deceleration, etc. I'm often surprised at how my average speed in motion for my EUC World tours is much lower than I thought it was. Testing FW 1.05 the other day I thought I'd been cruising at or above 40 km/h most of the ride, but when I looked at the stats, my avg. riding speed was 22 km/h. Slowing down for speed-bumps, stop-lights, turns, accelerating again, etc....comes to show. Check the avg. speed for some of your last tours, you'll see what I mean

Like several people who are older and can afford wheels, my knees don't like the bumps after an hour or more either, so a suspension is a big upgrade.

• Like 2

I'm really hoping these suspended wheels sell very well. I may not jump on a first design but I also have a bum knee as well. Only problem is I also like to ride as long as possible. I can take breaks to let the knee not get too outta whack. 

I'm hoping for lighter more power dense battery chemistry to pair with suspended wheels. Say you have wheel that can go 40 mph but it's firmware limited to 31. This could give the illusion that speed throttling happens deep into the batter since it's limited from the get go. I'd be perfectly happy with that. 

Realistically a wheel that could maintain 18 to 25 mph for 40 or so miles before throttling and have suspension would amazing. 

If the suspension makes it way more knee friendly though then you'll hear me wishing more range anyway....it's just too damn relaxing after a long work week to glide around. 

I'm tired and rambling again....but reading what I just wrote makes me think I'm hoping for an 18xl with suspension....and a 3in tire.....which is kinda what the V11 is depending on when it throttles the speed down......maybe I am going to have to buy a first gen suspended wheel after all :roflmao:

• Like 1

I really like the part which says the throttling is done the way we wanted it. And good idea to offer “enthusiasts only” firmware with more speed. I think InMotion wants to keep a decent power reserve For masses.

Also nice to hear a seat is coming. Weatherproofing seems to be best in industry. :thumbup:

A follow up question: how far are batteries depleted? What voltage is 30 % and 0 %?

• Like 3

The throttling sounds not too shabby, nice! And a seat, the V11 could be winning me over. Sounds like a super fun cruiser for sure.
I still really like the adjustability of the S18's shock, but hey, maybe I wouldn't change it much in practice. The higher pedal clearance is nice, too. Looking forward to reviews from those receiving production samples!!

Edited by redfoxdude
  • Like 1

@AtlasP wow, thanks for sharing that post! 50kph down to 30% under load is great, a seat incoming is just icing on the cake. 

One last worry....being an avid sport bike rider for over 20yrs I like lean angle. Is there any info yet on how easy the pedals touch down? I would imagine a life corner dip could cause an otherwise great day to end in soreness. 

Nice specifications ,I would also like to know what the batteries deplete to , V11 is looking good 👍👍 special firmware for Euc members ,maybe it will get updated to after several months of testing on here 😁

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AtlasP said:

** MASSIVE OFFICIAL NEWS ON THE V11 **

All direct quotes:

• "Above 30%, Top speed 50km/h; Above 80%, Top speed, 55km/h. Btw, 55km/h is another firmware that will be shared on this forum not for standard version."
  • "The reason why V11 can offer stronger power is that the size of V11 motor bearing is two times bigger than V10F. Moreover, the quantities of MOS unit on V11, 12 units, is also two times more of the V10F, 6 units. It means that V11 can bear bigger current, and not easy to overheat. ... In other words, the peak power of V11 is much stronger than V10F."
  • "The capability of waterproof, and dust resistance is highly improved from the previous model. The IP rating of the whole body is IP 55. The battery is IP 67. "
  • "Add-on accessories: Seat, BT Speakers, Decorative Ambient Light are under development."

Original, longer-form source, here: 

More details about the tire changing procedure would be nice, possibly make a video demonstrating how easy or difficult it is?

• Like 2

@Liamfind Thank you for collecting the questions and answer into a more direct statement and clear overview. 

• Can you share more details about pedals?
    • Like if they are flat or angled (hopefully not as extreme as MSX/MSP). More like KS16X angel is my preferred angel.
    • Also, if you are going to use the same "old school" Inmotion pedal style of hold pedal folded up?
    • or if you are adopting the more user friendly of loose pedals hold in place by magnet (like KS16x)?
  • Can you share a picture of the guide on suspension info that is attached to the pedals?
  • Have you decided to use the tip of using stainless-steel hex screw (machine screws) as much as possible over the Philips soft metal self-cutting screws that can rust?

Very short notice, I am so stoked about getting my V11. I know it is likely going to arrive late or after my summer vacation (3 weeks of August) as I got a bit late into the pre-order queue. But I am still looking very much forward to this fantastic look wheel both on specifications and looks. 

I also love that you have moved to BT5.0 BLE. I know some older phone might not like it, but BT5.0 is a standard on most modern phones. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2