WaveCut

Hey everyone,
I recently discovered electric unicycles and was subsequently drawn to this forum. This community appears to be pretty new and small but full of awesome people.
On the V11: What an amazing looking vehicle, it's one of the first that caught my eye when looking at my local EUC retailer (the headlight looks phenomenal).

My opinion is that suspension will revolutionize these vehicles.

Just to add to the discussion on sprung and unsprung mass, I side with the lower sprung mass being favorable in every way. In the same vein that having a lower overall unicycle mass is beneficial, so is lowering the sprung mass. We (the rider of any moving vehicle) obviously want the wheel to remain in contact with the ground for as much time as possible for comfort and grip. This is much easier to achieve when the mass (the wheel) we are pushing and pulling (to and from the ground) is lighter. It would be silly to think that things will get simpler from here when it comes to arguing about suspension setups. Static frame setups will always be better for transferring speed to height out of a ramp, but not for landing control.

I want to see this thing with a seat, endless comfort.. ;)

P.S How much of unicycle weight is in the batteries?

Looks like it goes up hill really well. Those were some proper steep switch backs! I hope the speed throttle percentage isn't too high, would love it to 35% but 50 would be acceptable. Also hoping for a smooth tiltback that doesn't destabilize everything. 

Can't wait for Kuji's take on both suspended wheels.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mango said:

And the suspension is so quiet, can hardly hear above the tire noise, which I think has been totally overlooked. 

Agreed! The "chattering" of the suspension was one of the things I mentioned about videos of the S18. Reminded me of loose screws on pedals, low level annoyance can start to grind on one when it's erybump, eryday.

The probable answers to the obvious initial questions: which one goes faster, goes further, has more power all suggest the V11 as the more attractive option to me so far. Though I'll probably want to wait for comparisons of ride and suspension feel to confirm. While the sprung/unsprung weight issue has been discussed, it remains theoretical and above my paygrade tbh as I'd rather rely on a more real world usage comparison.

Edited by FullTilt
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nic said:

Someone has tried to copy the V11 suspension design and wants to sell suspension upgrade kits for V10F...

Yeah literally just finished watching this lol there's definitely similarities.. i like how the video highlights how beneficial suspension just in general will be for eucs though. definitely think it will become the norm in future models

• Like 3

As someone who preordered the KS wheel, the V11 looks pretty impressive. I’m surprised how much the lights make a difference even when they’re off during the day. They make it look like a real vehicle.  Overall it reminds of the Z10 in that it has a motorcycle wheel vibe. It’s not as sleek and minimalist as the Z but it’s in that general direction but more utilitarian. 

Overall both KS and inmotion look great and only real world use will show if one is better than the other or not. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, shellac said:

As someone who preordered the KS wheel, the V11 looks pretty impressive. I’m surprised how much the lights make a difference even when they’re off during the day. They make it look like a real vehicle.  Overall it reminds of the Z10 in that it has a motorcycle wheel vibe. It’s not as sleek and minimalist as the Z but it’s in that general direction but more utilitarian. 

Overall both KS and inmotion look great and only real world use will show if one is better than the other or not. 

I know right?

It'll be like when a dirt-bike and a touring bike stop at the lights.

Ks-18 and V11.

Can't wait to see them zipping about, people will definitely notice them!

On 5/22/2020 at 6:46 PM, mrelwood said:

From the video description:

”55km/h firmware is under testing”

!!!

Ohhh.. Just got your reference when I saw this video on Facebook. 

Acceleration is great. I don't care much about the max speed, but it's nice to have overhead when you need to overtake.

3520W peak and Please get out real i hear that my worst nightmare alive!!!!!  No please no noo (kuji video 8 sec !!!!! omg no V10F please get out fail/feature again)