WaveCut

25 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

It is important to me how the V11 will behave when overloaded.
1. If it's like Kingsong / Gotway beeps at 88% and picks up the tiltback.
or
2. Stupidly like V10F where it says overload please get out and force you to stop with a huge tiltback and you have to stop and start again. Because after I stood twice in the middle of the intersection and the drivers were honking at me what I was doing as an idiot, I wanted to break the V10F with a hammer (or an engineer who invented it so stupidly).

Because it doesn't matter if the V11 has the best parameters in the world, but if it behaves like this when overloaded, it's completely useless. Who has V10 / F definitely understands what I'm trying to say.

Here is a video that shows the tragic behavior.

This is one of the things they learned that the cooloing of mosfets and electronics is important ad they have addressed this.It is also why they pressented how much effect they can handle susstained. That was the point of where V10 series fel short.

17 hours ago, Planemo said:

No amount of adjustment can 'dial out' unsprung mass.

By adjusting Sag and Recovery speed, i think you could say you are dialing out the unsprung weight, but Recovery also affects other aspects, so it's not an isolated tuning and of course not absolute. 

5 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

By adjusting Sag and Recovery speed, i think you could say you are dialing out the unsprung weight, but Recovery also affects other aspects, so it's not an isolated tuning and of course not absolute. 

Playing with sag will have zero effect on reducing the effects of unsprung weight. You might, just might be able to take away a bit of the thump (in the ebike example) by zeroing compression and rebound damping but then you are removing a crucial aspect of why the suspension is there in the first place and it would seriously affect tracking during general riding. When I said 'you cant dial it out' I specifically meant you cant dial it out to any noticeable extent without it being so detrimental to the rest of the handling that you may as well not bother. Anyway it seems we need to take this matter to another thread :)

• Like 1

Lets change the subject ... the V11 has the best lights on any EUC ever making it perfect for night rides. These lights have good visibility from the side and so will help keep you safe. :clap3::popcorn:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mrelwood said:

You can’t possibly know that! They could be the worst ever or blind everyone or...

:roflmao:

New rule that many of us have already grasped: Always disagree with someone, no matter how mundane the subject. :P

He can't...maybe.

I can tell you right now he is 100% right. And yes I can't show you why. But this I know is beyond debate...It is the best . .... .... yet on any EUC to date. 

I would like to see the rear light too. But that I have not...oh now I kinda did a freudian slip. 

(You guys know I have been following and talking with IM. The details I can't share).

4 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

It is important to me how the V11 will behave when overloaded.
1. If it's like Kingsong / Gotway beeps at 88% and picks up the tiltback.
or
2. Stupidly like V10F where it says overload please get out and force you to stop with a huge tiltback and you have to stop and start again. Because after I stood twice in the middle of the intersection and the drivers were honking at me what I was doing as an idiot, I wanted to break the V10F with a hammer (or an engineer who invented it so stupidly).

Because it doesn't matter if the V11 has the best parameters in the world, but if it behaves like this when overloaded, it's completely useless. Who has V10 / F definitely understands what I'm trying to say.

Here is a video that shows the tragic behavior.

Its a safety feature ffs..Maybe you'd just prefer it to just cutoff?  personally iv never overpowered my v10 and im 15stone and 6.4ft so im actually beginning  to believe that those who constantly bash inmotions products just have some strange biases against them because their not KS or Gotway..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dave Wood said:

Its a safety feature ffs..Maybe you'd just prefer it to just cutoff?  personally iv never overpowered my v10 and im 15stone and 6.4ft so im actually beginning  to believe that those who constantly bash inmotions products just have some strange biases against them because their not KS or Gotway..

Well first build had issues. They did some firmware modifications but for people going on tails and steep climbs in hot areas could overpower it. 

I have not had that issue but it come down to how aggressive and near the limits you use the wheels. 

I do agree with you that it is better to get the overpower warning that getting a cutoff.

I like my V10f but I also know I am not to ride it as a bank robber trying to escape the police. I am about 80-83kg but it has been cold weather here since I got it. Only one day near 20C degrees.

• Like 1

Safety............. Force stop you in traffic.. Supersafe(irony) . Im 120kg this is max limit v10f officialy allow. I just want be shure v11 not include this safety(irony) feature. Ks16x just beep and you slowdown or stop push. V10f no warn you just stop you.You must push on/off or push lift sensor to fix pedals again. This hapend no only "fast push" just longer not high incline you want overtake slow cyclist you overpower please get off. I know this is trigered when curent A is over 32A 3 sec this is trigger this safety(irony) feature. Why not just beep like all others competitors in same price range. V11 have 12 mosfet v10f only 6 i hope they include beeps not bully riders. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Well first build had issues. They did some firmware modifications but for people going on tails and steep climbs in hot areas could overpower it. 

I have not had that issue but it come down to how aggressive and near the limits you use the wheels. 

I do agree with you that it is better to get the overpower warning that getting a cutoff.

I like my V10f but I also know I am not to ride it as a bank robber trying to escape the police. I am about 80-83kg but it has been cold weather here since I got it. Only one day near 20C degrees.

Im certainly not a top speed guy but i am pretty aggressive with acceleration probably due to my size and height i naturally just learn more, iv also never met a hill i can't climb and that includes offroad which i regularly ride with my dogs haha, i too am from a colder climate (UK)  so maybe that's the contributing factor to those that apparently overpower it, or maybe it's just like i said originally. The v10s best feature is also its downside to some which is it's safety features.

it all depends what you prioritize but for me id rather have a safe wheel more than anything else

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

Safety............. Force stop you in traffic.. Supersafe(irony) . Im 120kg this is max limit v10f officialy allow. I just want be shure v11 not include this safety(irony) feature. Ks16x just beep and you slowdown or stop push. V10f no warn you just stop you.You must push on/off or push lift sensor to fix pedals again. This hapend no only "fast push" just longer not high incline you want overtake slow cyclist you overpower please get off. I know this is trigered when curent A is over 32A 3 sec this is trigger this safety(irony) feature. Why not just beep like all others competitors in same price range. V11 have 12 mosfet v10f only 6 i hope they include beeps not bully riders. 

Yes it is a safety feature because that is the limitation of this wheel weither you like that or not. This is also why many here do not recommend the V10 series as most here ride their wheel harder and faster that 25kmh safe speed (that most brand has a factory speeds these day. Any faster at users own risk).

I suggest you look at the launch presentation then you will see they have addressed this. But they are not building GW fast wheel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

You can’t possibly know that! They could be the worst ever or blind everyone or...

:roflmao:

New rule that many of us have already grasped: Always disagree with someone, no matter how mundane the subject. :P

I heard you can adjust angle of the beam in the app. If that's true it will be heaven on earth. (I had to tape half of my light on V10f). 

+ tiltback and warning sound on V10f aren't a big issue to me. When you stand still, normally, it just holds it's max speed, which is ~36km/h and doesn't beep.  

Can't wait for my v11. I'm going back to the office in 2-3 weeks. I deadly need that wheel!  :)

Edited by kurt_hectic

1 hour ago, Dave Wood said:

I've had two cutouts on my V8, and back then I weight 67 kg. One was an intentional, low-speed overlean test (stupid, I know...:facepalm:), the other was entirely unexpected, going up a steep hill. Zero warning. That's when I decided the wheel was unsafe (for me, my riding style and the hilly area where I lived) and upgraded to a KS18XL. Not saying it can't happen on my 18XL or 16X, just that I have enough safety margin to ride with peace of mind in accordance with my riding style and speed. IMO it isn't a matter of safe or unsafe wheels but of wheels that are safe for a person's specific needs and use. Having said that, the V8's max. weight rating is way overblown...there's no way on earth I'd recommend an 800W, 480Wh wheel to a 100 kg / 220 lb rider... :facepalm:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

This video was created at that time where Youtubers thought that videos with that facial expression (wide open surprise mouth) got more views. I'd forgotten about that dark period in human history!

54 minutes ago, redfoxdude said:

Now that's a light! 

That is definitely the best front light on an EUC ... perfect dipped beam that won't dazzle oncoming traffic and very bright, wide and even beam. Looks like they might have designed it to comply with German STVZO regulations. Rear light is equally impressive.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, redfoxdude said:

Now that's a light! 

Not only is it bright but it is on the ground and not in the air.

Now since you guys seen it now. I can say I seen pictures from evening-daylifht still that you could see this light cast area still.

Now this is the first time I see the rear light in action. Look rather bright but not only that it is see partly from the side as I expected. So combining the headlight and rear light I still think you stand a good chance to be seen.

I wear reflex material/bands too plus a blinking light on my torso both front and rear. Now it looks like a vehicle and not a disco show. I like it. A grownup transport. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

I have a V10F with over 1500 miles on it, regularly rode right at the beeps and in hot southeastern weather, and I never experienced that issue even once.

I'm not sure if it's because of my lower personal weight (I'm only ~150lbs with clothes but without gear) or maybe because I have a later-produced model, but either way the ubiquity/inevitably of that problem is not as straightforward as claimed.

(If I had to guess it's probably a combination of rider weight and ambient temperature, so a potential problem for the combination of heavier riders in warmer climates but not lighter ones and/or in cooler climates.)

Honestly it is still the most comfortable and well-built wheel I ever owned, I just wished it went ~5+ mph faster.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 3