WaveCut

3 hours ago, davinche said:

Bill Gates famously said: "640KB of memory ought to be enough for everybody".

While it's not your main point, Bill Gates didn't say that. Like so many things that are treated as fact, it's a myth.

6 hours ago, davinche said:

I would say that I am one of those riders who don't go on 40 mile joy rides or travel faster than 25mph on average. But I still want an EUC capable of 35mph+.

Theres a lot to be said for this. Although I do tend to ride in the 30's, theres something incredibly reassuring about riding a big-batteried 100v wheel at 20mph. You just know its unshakable. Paticularly handy when say off road at 20mph - you just knows theres so much in reserve that you gotta do something mental to even think about overleaning it/getting a cutout. And 20mph is pretty much smack bang in the middle of the speed range, so the ideal speed for power delivery.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AtlasP said:

The V11 is about the same weight as several of the Nikola+ SKUs. (My 100v Nik+ is within 2 pounds of the advertised V11 weight.) Now yes the Nik+ is heavy, but that hasn't seemed to put a damper on the amount of positive coverage/endorsement it continues to get, especially from several of the top youtubers (including Marty and Mickey). So either someone believes that both the Nik+ and the V11 are too heavy (which is a fair decision based on your context), or else neither of them are, but people should remember the V11 is not some new weight category (which some people keep making it out to be).

Good point. I probably should have said that "more weight would be a turn-off for the V11's target group". I don't think the V11 is targeted at the same group as the Nikola+... :whistling:

10 minutes ago, travsformation said:

Good point. I probably should have said that "more weight would be a turn-off for the V11's target group". I don't think the V11 is targeted at the same group as the Nikola+... :whistling:

I thought less weight was very important when I got my V8 (first EUC). When I got my KS18L I found more weight helped it to be more stable in the open areas I ride at times. The KS16X was even more heavy. That isn't an issue to me as I ride the wheel and don't carry it. And when I have to lift it, it is only for a few steps. 

I rather it has the weight advertised and the battery power than if it is 3-4kg less and only half the range.

Same goes I rather have 84V and the range than a 100V with 20% less range. 

I might not use the range full out. But it helps me staying clear of throttling and when it is cold to have the range I need. At winter time the temperature cuts range by 25-30% due to subzero temperature.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fbhb said:

We can finally expect to hear some first hand feedback from Kuji in the next week or two!

Woah! That headlight is much more larger then I thought it would be. Probably because the V11 seems slimmer then the renders?

The comparisons between v the V11 to the V10/8 is striking! It's like comparing a proper touring bike with....toys

Edited by onizukagto
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, onizukagto said:

Woah! That headlight is much more larger then I thought it would be. Probably because the V11 seems slimmer then the renders?

The comparisons between v the V11 to the V10/8 is striking! It's like comparing a proper touring bike with....toys

Just you wait to see how that headlight performs. Let's say I have a feeling that this will set a new benchmark for wheels. 

Now since the rear light is curved partly and with this power the headlight has, I really don't think there is a need for side lights.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, fbhb said:

We can finally expect to hear some first hand feedback from Kuji in the next week or two!

@mrelwood so what do you spot tire-wise?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, fryman said:

Not sure how that front end is going to handle a crash.

With the way the suspension works on the V11 I wonder how much force the floating part can take in a crash. I'm sure Kuji will test that for us :P

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, fryman said:

Not sure how that front end is going to handle a crash.

If you look closely, there seems to be a rubber bumper at the top of the wheel. And the light fixture is nicely recessed. I’m not worried, looks very sturdy so far. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

It is after all the H-666 that I recommended! Everything points to the V11 matching my dream wheel on so many levels.

The suspension working “better than expected” (by Kuji’s words) is exactly what I expected! :lol:

Where did he post this?

I suspected all the talk about spung or unspung weight might not apply to a unicycle to same degree as on multi wheel vehicle.

Also since IM has worked on this 2years+ they must have tested different variations too. 

Right now I would love to fast forward to August...

Sorry doorbell...ahh a big heavy box 🤩

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Why do you think there's an exception for EUC's?

I don't know all the mechanics but all weight are on one wheel not shared between multiple contact points, so I would expect some weight would keep the wheel in ground contact. So together with tire and suspension parts both serve to cousin spike of impact. But if wheel is too light I would suspect it to be easier to bounce. 

But this is only speculation on my part. 

10 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I don't know all the mechanics but all weight are on one wheel not shared between multiple contact points, so I would expect some weight would keep the wheel in ground contact. So together with tire and suspension parts both serve to cousin spike of impact. But if wheel is too light I would suspect it to be easier to bounce. 

But this is only speculation on my part. 

Unstrung Weight is all bad, so the lower the better.

However, the different unstrung weight between V11 vs S18 is not that dramatic,  10 kg compare to rider weight which gonna be 80kg - 100kg.
So I don't expect majority of us to feel anything.

Just wonder if lightweight riders (50 kg, 60 kg) gonna feel the different.

• Like 3

You want the unsprung weight to be as light as possible because lighter objects accelerate faster, so in the case of an EUC wheel it can track the contours of the ground better if it doesn't have all the other bits attached to it and instead has those bits suspended on the other end of the suspension. Whether it makes much difference in the case of V11/S18 would depend on the terrain it is being used on and the speed over that terrain. We will have to wait for the reviews to find out.

• Like 1

I wished @Kuji Rolls would have posted a brief comment here, since I am not active on Facebook (due to my work). But I guess it doesn't hold as much interest as most follow Kuji anyway.

Thanks for sharing @mrelwoodand @UniVehje

Edited by Unventor