WaveCut

3 minutes ago, Tom Tom said:

btw. Regarding to the video. At the moment "normal" users aren't able to ride down 4 stairs, right? They are showing it's nothing for V11. This alone is kinda game changer.

The stairs shown look to me like what it would be like to go down 4 curbs or platforms in succession.
Usually when going down stairs there is not enough room on the step below for the EUC so one ends up riding on the stair edge.

I also doubt they are normal riders judging by their technique. Going up and down curbs was a big thing for me back in the day.
Going down stairs still is a big thing for me. Usually we as riders are the biggest obstacle but I am sure that the V11 will reduce the requirements placed on us.

• Like 1

Well @Mike Sacristan I have a pre-ordered V11 incomming to me. The only issue is that I know there is about 1k+ units in order before mine. But last info I got the other day is they are on track and my unit should ship late in July. So I guess you and Monica have to come to the west coast at some point. Then you can get a feel of suspension yourself. With luck I might get the V11 in my booked vacation (3 first full weeks of August).

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Well @Mike Sacristan I have a pre-ordered V11 incomming to me. The only issue is that I know there is about 1k+ unite in order before mine. But last info I got the other day is they are on track and my unit should ship late in July. So I guess you and Monica have to come to the west coast at some point. Then you can get a feel of suspension yourself. With luck I might get the V11 in my booked vacation (3 first full weeks of August).

Cool! I saw that you ordered in an earlier post. Hope the delivery will be trouble free and no delays this time!

15 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Cool! I saw that you ordered in an earlier post. Hope the delivery will be trouble free and no delays this time!

Direct delivery by air...

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I guess if we all bought the cars we need then we'd all be driving small economical hatchbacks.

My KS16S suits my needs perfectly (range, speed, weight, it's ability to just look like luggage when I trolley it into a store) but the 16X is such a great looking machine that offers just that bit more. I keep looking at it as a potential next wheel but I'm put off a little by the waterproofing issues and the potential risk of cut outs for heavier riders like me. Still, I just love the "batman" look of the thing :)

As a owner of 1st batch KS16X and having water damage once and just had to ship my wheel off for service again I can only say I understand 100% your argument. 

Now the cut off is something that comes down to riding the wheel and can be managed. It isn't an issue from 0 to 20kmh but you can be as aggressive from 30-40 kmh and question is how fast you want to push it the heavier you are. 

Now I rarely got past 35 kmh for the same reason @Scottie mention on his reflecting thread of his learning and ride habits as he evolves as rider. 

This might change a little with V11 for my part as pot holes an bumps isn't as high a risk due to suspension and bigger rim with the wide tire. I am still confident that most will be surprised by what Inmotion have been building and hidden still in the V11. I know we have not much public content to back up this. But the key here is public content. Not everything is posted here or is public available. 

The very constructive dialog I have had with Inmotion just gives me a gut feeling. Yes I can be wrong. But I think that despite it isn't a race wheel the V11 it will make the KS16X so much less attractive as an overall choice. The battery is so close in size that it is marginal. Same goes for weight. Size is bigger but that can be both a good or bad thing. As for ride comfort I don't think we need to debate that a lot. Price wise the gab isn't huge. 

Not bt speakers and side light but does it really matter as you can bring separate BT speakers with you and on a trail who needs side lights. 

As on side lights as an argument for night visibility I think you will see why it doesn't matter at all. It really doesn't.  It comes down to the headlight and tail light. You will see this in reviews I am very sure.

I just hope that @Liamfind will start showcasing the V11 a bit more soon so we can talk a bit more about the V11 and not just speculate.

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

@travsformation

If you could ride would you? That's how you ask yourself a question.
If you ask me how many km I drive on the V10F, I will answer 30 km, but because it is impossible, I will not drive 50 km or 70 km. That doesn't mean I don't want to go more.
If you ask me if I drive offroad I will answer a little when I do not have an EUC that can handle offroad easily and without the risk of damage. If I could I would drive more off-road without consequences.
There is no point in asking how you drive and adjust the product parameters accordingly.

According to what you listed from the tech polls, no one really wants or is interested in something like KS16X. The opposite is true, it is one of the best-selling machines.

The V11 will be either a colossal success or a crash.
Boosted (company) went bankrupt because it was decided according to tables and surveys that they made a product that is enough for "most".

Bad luck and mistake because people ended up buying electric scooters and skateboards with better parameters and a lower price. (It's an interesting case, I recommend getting to know it) Gotway Inmotion and kingsong can have the same fate if they make one big bad decision.

I'm not saying that manufacturers should design wheels according to surveys, I'm saying that in this case, they seem to match and this wheel should meet most users' average needs (the range is good enough for 90% of users, speed is good enough for 84%, etc.). But I stress average needs because one might usually go on 15 km but want to do a 70 km tour from time to time. I'm in the group of 75% or more of my leisure riding is off-roading, my average tours are 30-60 km (but I plan on starting to do much longer tours) and m speed...50 km/h is more than enough for off-roading :efee612b4b:  

I was merely interested in comparing (limited) rider habits (the poll data isn't enough to be representative, it's just a gross representation of some users) with the specs of the wheel to see how they matched up, and understand that since the company that has invested a great deal of money in developing a new product such as this, is makes sense to cater to the needs of the majority, not the few. From a business standpoint it makes sense, and it doesn't look like most users will find themselves too limited by the specs.

Don't read into my comment too much, it was more out of curiosity than anything else 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, travsformation said:

this wheel should meet most users' average needs (the range is good enough for 90% of users, speed is good enough for 84%, etc.). But I stress average needs because one might usually go on 15 km but want to do a 70 km tour from time to time. I'm in the group of 75% or more of my leisure riding is off-roading, my average tours are 30-60 km (but I plan on starting to do much longer tours) and m speed...50 km/h is more than enough for off-roading :efee612b4b: 

Yes, just to add to the poll results: the V11 and S18 seems indeed to be enough for the average use.

However the polls gives an estimation of an average of current usage, and users might want indeed to go on a long trip from time to time. Furthermore all users can be currently limited by the wheel they have. You cannot do a 80km ride with a V5F. Plus some additional smoothness and safety with suspension could change the usage of the wheels: we might be able to endure longer trip or more off road. Same for batteries: once new battery technologies allows longer ride and lighter wheels, the answers in the polls might change.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

Boosted (company) went bankrupt because it was decided according to tables and surveys that they made a product that is enough for "most".

This is invented/revisionist nonsense. Yes that scenario has been true about some companies in the past, but it has absolutely no relation to what happened with Boosted. Boosted went bankrupt for two primary reasons, neither of which were centered around their product specifications:

1. Failure to remain price competitive in their primary market compared to cheaper alternatives which were increasingly approaching Boosted's quality/specs for a fraction of the price.
    • (If they were planning based on surveys the price issue would have been at the top of the list of consumer feedback--if anything, planning based on surveys might have saved them.)
  2. A lot of resources wasted on a failed entry into a new market (scooters).

Ultimately the vast majority of esk8 consumers were happy with Boosted's product specs, they just wanted to pay less for it (which they could do buying a competitor's brand instead).

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

I am still looking forward to get my V11.  ... I only wished it had a higher weather/water rating.

I don't understand this at all. The V11 is IP55 and InMotion's IP rating is industry-leading compared to any other EUC manufacturer. (Certainly for anyone primarily concerned with IP rating, the V11 would be a much better choice than the S18.) Unless you were just lamenting the IP-rating status of the entire EUC industry/wish it were even higher?

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

Unless you were just lamenting the IP-rating status of the entire EUC industry/wish it were even higher?

100% sure @Unventor is commenting that he wishes the IP55 rating was higher, due to him commuting in all weathers!  He is definitely getting the V11 despite the rating and has a pre-order placed.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Unventor said:

You are spot on.

I wish the rathi g was higher/better. But since it is still one of the best options on.paper (have to prove itself in real life conditions) I decided to pre-order the V11. But weather/water/dust proofing it one if the specs I hope is being taken more serious. 

We shall see if people think different about this once they have to maintain and clean the open design of S18. 

I think you are right on this one. Most people don't enjoy having to clean and inspect their equipment. A vast minority of us are old gearheads and somehow LIKE that we are forced to inspect and maintain things all the time.  Some people dont want to open their wheels when they get them, others HAVE to. Im just so glad theres two fairly different choices here, BOTH bringing new tech to the table. Batteries are what they are, lucky us, the euc manufacturers are being forced to look at OTHER qualities. I do know there will be HELL TO PAY and it won't go away very quickly, if either wheel has a fatal design flaw. With 2 different approaches, we get the benefit of comparing them and at the same time, new. Consumers will win, as the characteristics will be heard, LONG before most of us wind up buying BOTH ourselves. Hooray!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, SamSuffit said:

However the polls gives an estimation of an average of current usage, and users might want indeed to go on a long trip from time to time. Furthermore all users can be currently limited by the wheel they have. You cannot do a 80km ride with a V5F. Plus some additional smoothness and safety with suspension could change the usage of the wheels: we might be able to endure longer trip or more off road. Same for batteries: once new battery technologies allows longer ride and lighter wheels, the answers in the polls might change.

I agree :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

That data makes 50km/h an insufficient safe top speed for 55% of riders right now! In a year that number is even higher. I plan on using the V11 as my main wheel for at least two years. How large will the percentage be then?

I my case it will not change as I don't ride faster than 40kmh anymore mostly around 30-35kmh since I live in outskirth of the city and we have open cycle lans to ride on. And traffic laws do not allow me to go this fast anyway. 

And if people are complaning about range going around 30kmh seems to be the sweet sport for range vs time too. And you have no issues with throttling either.

Edited by Unventor

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

I my case it will not change as I don't ride faster than 40kmh anymore mostly around 30-35kmh since I live in outskirth of the city and we have open cycle lans to ride on. And traffic laws do not allow me to go this fast anyway

Of course, if everything is perfect in your case, we have clarified this and similar issues and can finally close this chapter.

You don't need faster or more range and it is not allowed to ride faster anyway, so even in the middle of the wilderness between owls and bears you would definitely not ride faster than the law allows, even if there is a bear chasing you. :facepalm:

Edited by buell47

I my case

..., you belong to the minority. Individual preferences aside, we are aware that 45% of the poll participants are currently not riding faster than 50km/h. Some of those wouldn’t even do so if they could. We don’t know how many though. And that was the point, the data doesn’t tell us which top speed people in general would be happy with.

And if people are complaning about range going around 30kmh seems to be the sweet sport for range vs time too. And you have no issues with throttling either.

20km/h would be even much better.

I was forced to answer 31mph as I dont own a wheel that CAN go faster. I dont always ride at tiltback, but having the headroom would be nice. Im also only 380 miles into my 'euc career', so I can definitely see that faster is not improbable. Depends on my mood. Sometimes my mten is fast enough and sometimes my 18L isn't. I can only surmise that as I get more comfortable, the limitations Ive set on myself will be less. I still recall claiming that 20mph was more than fast enough. I was corrected by the forum groups and it was only a few miles before I realized they were right. I think for us to use that survey for statistics, It would need be better laid out and perhaps a little more in depth?

wow @Seba i am quite surprised at how low the speeds are. You definitely have the data to check and verify it. 11mph average? 20mph max? WTF, why not just jog? Thanks for the info!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

wow @Seba i am quite surprised at how low the speeds are. You definitely have the data to check and verify it. 11mph average? WTF, why not just jog? Thanks for the info!

I've edited my post to add more data, as conclusion is quite interesting - regardless of ride distance, average riding speed is only about 20 km/h (13 mph).

• Like 3