WaveCut

2 minutes ago, Unventor said:

When they measure a speed they have a few % tolerance added to accommodate any measured speeds. The longer you are away from this the higher risk you have at not getting away with it. 

Where is it written that you have to drive 70km/h as soon as you buy an MSS. 

You talk about legality and 45 km/h! If the police control you and find out that your MSS could go 70 km/h, then you have already violated your 45 km/h law, because it makes no difference if you have gone 5, 45, 50 or 70. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

I want to see how this unicycle rolls down the concrete slope and how much it breaks because it will be expensive repairs.

Edited by DjPanJan

52 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

I want to see how this unicycle rolls down the concrete slope and how much it breaks because it will be expensive repairs.

I’m sure the wheel would be fine - my V10 is very well made as are the other IM wheels..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dave Wood said:

I’m sure the wheel would be fine - my V10 is very well made as are the other IM wheels..

Yes i agree i own one but is circle design. This is Box design like MSX/P/S KS16X is weak to rotating crash.  

Watch this sad momenti think this type of rotating :

20 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

Yes i agree i own one but is circle design. This is Box design like MSX/P/S KS16X is weak to rotating crash. 

that's a fair point but gotway especially are notorious for their shitty shells n it still doesn't stop people buying them but knowing IM and their track record with build quality id imagine this is something they've considered, my only concern would be snapping or bending them suspension/pedal hangers  on the outside of the shell in a high speed crash, wonder what they are made from?

Edited by Dave Wood
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Nic said:

They need rubber bumpers on impact areas.

I will absolutely DIY some kind of crash bumpers on my V11. I want to be confident when pushing my skills on cliffs and forest paths, worrying about tumbling is devastating for my confidence and hence to the success in conquering obstacles.

There are cell phone bumpers that can take a whole lot of dropping and beating, my ideal wheel would be covered somewhere along those lines.

• Like 1

I wonder if the shoes rub and anything else, as the shells and pedals are independent in motion? Reminds me of one of those huge old cars that seems to float down the road.. Was it Roscoe in Dukes Of Hazzard perhaps? Oddly, the video univejhe shared, didnt generate the slightest interest for me.  To each his own I suppose. Having choices is always nice. I can see it now... get a new wheel, so excited for how it looks, them immediately cover it in diapers out of fear. lol

Edited by ShanesPlanet

2 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I wonder if the shoes rub and anything else, as the shells and pedals are independent in motion? Reminds me of one of those huge old cars that seems to float down the road.. Was it Roscoe in Dukes Of Hazzard perhaps? Oddly, the video univejhe shared, didnt generate the slightest interest for me.  To each his own I suppose. Having choices is always nice. I can see it now... get a new wheel, so excited for how it looks, them immediately cover it in diapers out of fear. lol

It was Boss Hogg. He had a Cadillac Deville. Always looked funny the way it floated around a bit.

The dark side of wheels getting more and more expensive is that we might end up babying them more.
The clip looked rather tame but I guess if we add some flashing lights, aggressive transitions and Korn playing in the background it would be more in line with what some of us want to feel like when riding.

FOR GLORY!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, B08AH said:

So you expect suspension to come at no additional cost, right? Do you expect it to add no weight as well?

Why not compare V11 to 18XL? Same max speed and comparable, ~ -5% battery capacity. And on top of that comparison V11 has suspension that costs +5 pounds and ~300$. 

Suspension might be so much a game changer, that unsuspended EUCs will not be considered 'good' anymore. Top speed and range won't matter much, you would still not want EUC that is 'not good'... 

I think you are spot on. 

Or like old console game was fun but once you get next gen consoles, you might go back for nostalgia but not for looks or comfort.....

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, B08AH said:

So you expect suspension to come at no additional cost, right? Do you expect it to add no weight as well?

Why not compare V11 to 18XL? Same max speed and comparable, ~ -5% battery capacity. And on top of that comparison V11 has suspension that costs +5 pounds and ~300$. 

Suspension might be so much a game changer, that unsuspended EUCs will not be considered 'good' anymore. Top speed and range won't matter much, you would still not want EUC that is 'not good'... 

I agree up to a point ... if someone is looking for more range than is available on a suspended wheel then they may choose to go forgo the suspension in favour of a bigger battery. I believe suspension is a game changer in terms of increased safety and comfort, but I would like to see bigger batteries and we will certainly get that once newer technology cells become available to allow increased range without adding more battery cells. You can never have too much range ... its not possible ... at least not for me.:)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, B08AH said:

While i don't disagree suspension will be a game changer... I think it will take a year or more until it gets to the point where non-suspended wheels will be considered no-good. 

Like anything else being implemented early on.. there will be an early adoption period, some time needed to prove the concept for all scenarios, and then time to get better implementation out there.. I just don't see people ditching their tride and true wheels all that quickly for the 2 suspended wheels that are coming soon.  Especially with the economic situation the way it is right now.

I am excited for these wheels and innovation in the market, but i just don't see it rendering my current gen wheels obsolete so soon. For all we know people may not like them as much as we think they will. 

There will always be people who want range... top speed... brand loyalists... etc.. Hopefully soon we will have most of that stuff in one package.. I just don't think it is there yet!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

While i don't disagree suspension will be a game changer... I think it will take a year or more until it gets to the point where non-suspended wheels will be considered no-good. 

Like anything else being implemented early on.. there will be an early adoption period, some time needed to prove the concept for all scenarios, and then time to get better implementation out there.. I just don't see people ditching their tride and true wheels all that quickly for the 2 suspended wheels that are coming soon.  Especially with the economic situation the way it is right now.

I am excited for these wheels and innovation in the market, but i just don't see it rendering my current gen wheels obsolete so soon. For all we know people may not like them as much as we think they will. 

There will always be people who want range... top speed... brand loyalists... etc.. Hopefully soon we will have most of that stuff in one package.. I just don't think it is there yet!

What I do see is that it will be very difficult for someone buying their first 'high-end' wheel to consider anything that doesn't have suspension unless they have a specific need for more range. People on a budget don't get to choose, so there will always be a market for those wheels and we might even see prices drop for non-suspended wheels.

Edited by Nic

12 minutes ago, Nic said:

What I do see is that it will be very difficult for someone buying their first 'high-end' wheel to consider anything that doesn't have suspension unless they have a specific need for more range. People on a budget don't get to choose, so there will always be a market for those wheels and we might even see prices drop for non-suspended wheels.

Its funny. I just found myself sort of in this situation.. I had a hard time deciding if it was worth it to jump on the bleeding edge... I decided not to for now... In the thought that by the time i am ready again to purchase, there will a wider range of options for suspended wheels.. The bummer is... during this 'in between' stage.. prices are still high on the performance wheels.. So i didn't benefit from the newer wheel tech... and i didn't benefit from lower price..  Its my own fault for not having patience! 

11 minutes ago, B08AH said:

And i think top speed is a bit overrated. It may be "fun" but it is too impractical.

Top speed does not contribute that much to average speed in a city, while drawing way more power. There is a lot of tall curbs, traffic lights, pedestrians and so on, to frequently slow me down or even stop. I experimented with limiting my top speed and have some results. With 40kmh limit I had 20kmh average (23.3km in 1h 10m). And with 25kmh limit my average speed only reduced to 17.5 kmh (15% slower), while power draw reduced by ~40%, i.e. almost twice the range.

To me Range is one of the most important things.. The thing is that range and top speed both are dependent on battery. So usually with one comes another.. I know there are other elements involved.. But without the battery capacity neither range or top speed are achievable.. 

What makes suspension interesting.. Is it is not tied to the battery or motor capabilities of these wheels.. (other than making room for it). It really is a feature independent of the usual.. "add more/better batteries and power"

27 minutes ago, Heyzeus said:

I'll be curious to see how suspension affects the power draw or power spike of a wheel when it encounters obstacles.

Well, you kinda answered yourself. Sus should flatten whose power peaks, which is great of course.  

btw. Regarding to the video. At the moment "normal" users aren't able to ride down 4 stairs, right? They are showing it's nothing for V11. This alone is kinda game changer.

Eh, can't wait. Still 2 months to go :(

• Like 2