WaveCut

17 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

If you use the EUC World app and link your smart watch then I believe you can set gestures on the smart watch to turn on the horn or you could have a long tap etc on the smart watch screen to do this. You might also be able to use gestures on the smart phone to sound the horn. I rarely use the horn on any vehicle I drive, even when commuting fairly quickly on my motorbike through London traffic, I'd be amazed if I use my horn more than once every few years.

But what's the point of having a horn app for the V11? I mean.....it doesn't have any in built speakers.

I mean it's a good idea, the ride home is always busy with slow bike riders that I sometimes had to shout at to avoid them swerving into me. 

I didn't know EUC app has that function, guess I should get a portable BT speaker and hang it off my bag, so that I can use the app with it?

But then again I rarely ride while holding my phone, so if this watch can connect to external BT speakers...I guess that's something I'm interested in. 

Edited by onizukagto
Grammmerly

3 hours ago, onizukagto said:

But what's the point of having a horn app for the V11? I mean.....it doesn't have any in built speakers.

I mean it's a good idea, the ride home is always busy with slow bike riders that I sometimes had to shout at to avoid them swerving into me. 

I didn't know EUC app has that function, guess I should get a portable BT speaker and hang it off my bag, so that I can use the app with it?

But then again I rarely ride while holding my phone, so if this watch can connect to external BT speakers...I guess that's something I'm interested in. 

I bought a Bose Soundlink Micro not long ago.it works perfect combine a with this case from Amazon.

61HNeVPTIgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

It has a fairly good bass and it can double as BT comms as it has mic built-in too. It works together with google assistant,  Alexa  and Siri.

And upcoming AVAC (old mc engine sound as example) sounds just great. 

I attach it to my harness on my backpack. It is fairly fast charging with my Samsung charger.

You can see me using my galaxy watch and with it I can activate horm or toggle light settings. 

As horn I have recorded my old cycle bell as use this. It has a high tone so it cuts through noise fairly well. Having this on my front means it plays in the direction I am travelling.

Up to now I used music. But now I am going to test AVAC that is due to release within a very few weeks. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UniVehje said:

It does have some speaker for beeps and notifications. Just no dedicated good speakers for bluetooth music. I’m sure it can make some noises like all the other wheels that don’t have speakers for music, like the V8. 

That's new to me, I guess that can work. But it has to be pretty loud to work as a horn, the BT speaker thing is great cos loudness will depend on what you can get. 

Hopefully they will consider these things for the inmotion watch

Every EUC to date has had a piezo beeper for the startup beep and alarms. Even the wheels that have speakers for music have a separate beeper. A beeper is just that, a “sort of a speaker” that can only beep at a single frequency and (mostly) only at a single volume.

• Like 1

Guys...just buy a 3$ finger bell, people already know it's sound and it just works.

Back to the topic. Today I preordered v11. I got a good price from my local dealer, plus I'lll commute soon 2x10 km every day. On v10f it is quite tiring.

Why not s18? It's open, not waterproof, without lights, and v11 just looks more robust. I trust them after riding on v10f for 6 months, daily!

I have only one concern for now: how quickly 50km/h won't be enough xd, nah, not this one.
In mtb world you have to service your suspension every 50h of riding. Every year you have to change oil and seals. Will inmotion provide those parts? If they won't be easily accessible all users will be screwed. 

Keeping that in mind I bought it because I got 2y warranty, yolo. 

• Like 3

I also pre-ordered the V11. This will be my second EUC.

I started learning to ride December 2019 on the inmotion V10F, and can already ride backwards, one legged, jump curbs and perform pendulum swings until the V10F kicks me off. EUC has changed my life. I now walk the dog exclusovely on the EUC and can really tire out the pooch before the battery even loses a bar. It’s become my main commuting vehicle, too.

So now I am bitten by the EUC bug and really was wanting to upgrade my ride. I was about to pull the trigger on the Gotway MSP but the inmotion V11 just won me over. It has everything I need in a “bigger” upgrade. 18x3” tires, 50% more battery capacity, smoother ride and upgraded lights. The V11 just hits all the right spots for my needs. I just hope I get it soon and start riding it.

I thought about the King Song S18 but the battery was the deal breaker. In time, an upgraded S18 will be my third EUC. It’s just a beautiful wheel but seems more geared towards beginners/intermediate riders at this point. I’m hoping KS releases a 20” inch wheel, larger form factor body to accommodate a 1800wh or higher battery. That would definitely be my next machine. But until that happens, I’ll be riding my V11.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tom Tom said:

Guys...just buy a 3$ finger bell, people already know it's sound and it just works.

Where can you buy one? The only one on Amazon US is $25 and only comes in tacky gold or rose gold!

49 minutes ago, Planemo said:

The Ninebot Z doesnt ;)

How about that, didn’t think of the Z! And actually I’m not sure if the V10(F) has one either.

But at least every EUC that doesn’t have a speaker for music does have a beeper.

(Who’s gonna refute me on that I wonder!)

Edited by mrelwood

20 minutes ago, fbhb said:

I'm afraid you are incorrect regarding the Z10!  It does have a piezo beeper and a speaker.  I know this for a fact because I have disconnected both, since using Bluetooth audio in all of my helmets combined with EUC World voice alarms. 

Photo evidence here too, to back it up!  Warning beeps through the beeper and start up sounds, Bluetooth audio etc. through the audio speaker.

Thats putting a lot of faith in an app to warn you. Any missed or false alerts yet? I can only imagine that it won't be long before someone comes up with a piezo swap or mod, so the tone or volume can be changed. I like the idea of a hardware beep for safety, but I must admit that the stock tone is annoying.

33 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I’m not sure if the V10(F) has one either.

It has both speakers and beeper. V8 doesn't have speakers but the notification sounds are pretty nice so not just a buzzer. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Thats putting a lot of faith in an app to warn you. Any missed or false alerts yet?

I understand your concern, but to be honest with you I am 100% confident with @Seba's software programming skills and EUC World in general.  Given that the beeps on all wheels often get drowned out at the speeds that you actually need to hear them, then give me Bluetooth helmet audio and @Seba's app every time! 

The only time I ever heard my Z10 beeping was when it started getting down to low battery levels, at which point you are being forced to ride much slower due to the throttling.  The only problem then is this becomes a constant annoying beep, beep, beep beep that everyone else can also hear too, as you limp back to your start point!  Whereas since disconnecting the annoying "the Bluetooth is connected",  start up, power off and low battery beeping etc. I am the only one that can and needs to hear my EUC World voice warnings.  Added to that, the smartwatch connection allows vibration for my speed warnings too as well as the visual aspect of seeing all the stats needed. 

I have set up my speed warnings based on the same combination of speed/battery levels that the hardware beeper in the wheel provided and as EUC World is driven by the wheels hardware to produce the alerts, I don't believe I am at any kind of risk in doing this.  To answer your other question, No never a single issue or missed or false alert in the 5 months since disconnecting the beeper/audio buzzer!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 3

On 4/19/2020 at 11:31 PM, mrelwood said:

Every EUC to date has had a piezo beeper for the startup beep and alarms. Even the wheels that have speakers for music have a separate beeper. A beeper is just that, a “sort of a speaker” that can only beep at a single frequency and (mostly) only at a single volume.

I don't think any of the V series wheels have a hardware beeper. All three of them have a speaker(s) which plays sounds that can be disabled in the app. The V10 just has an extra BT module designed for music, like KS wheels and recent GW wheels with speaker modules.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fbhb said:

No never a single issue or missed or false alert in the 5 months since disconnecting the beeper/audio buzzer!

... that you know of. :P Kidding! My concerns would be towards the phone itself and its ability to maintain a solid Bluetooth connection. Seems yours does good though.

14 minutes ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

I don't think any of the V series wheels have a hardware beeper.

How nicely my memory serves me... Just a few months ago I worked inside a V8 for hours, being constantly careful not to damage the SPEAKER at the rear. :facepalm: 

Ok ok, OTHER than Inmotion wheels that... Oh, who am I kidding. Never mind, forget that I said anything!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

I don't think any of the V series wheels have a hardware beeper. All three of them have a speaker(s) which plays sounds that can be disabled in the app. The V10 just has an extra BT module designed for music, like KS wheels and recent GW wheels with speaker modules.

My V10 certainly has a beeper when you reach the speed limits, it beeps (extremely loudly) then tilts back if you carry on pushing through the beeps.

Edited by Dave Wood
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave Wood said:

My V10 certainly has a beeper when you reach the speed limits, it beeps (extremely loudly) then tilts back if you carry on pushing through the beeps.

Turns out that beeping noise (sounds like honking two tones one after the other right?) is just a sound file that's played super loudly. If you use the English voice sound pack, it will give you a verbal warning instead of that alarm noise. You can even "disable" the alarm if you record a custom sound and just make it silence (though I wouldn't recommend this as it's a bit on the unsafe side, even with tiltback).

10 hours ago, fbhb said:

I'm afraid you are incorrect regarding the Z10!  It does have a piezo beeper and a speaker.  I know this for a fact because I have disconnected both, since using Bluetooth audio in all of my helmets combined with EUC World voice alarms. 

Photo evidence here too, to back it up!  Warning beeps through the beeper and start up sounds, Bluetooth audio etc. through the audio speaker.

Yeah apologies I remember seeing that now when I stripped mine.

It had escaped me because I cannot for the life of me associate any Z warning/start up sound etc with the tone you usually get with a piezo buzzer. Every stock sound that the wheel provides seems far too tonal to eminate from a shrieking piezo!

Even the speed warning 'bong' is like nothing I have heard from a piezo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Afeez Kay said:

Inmotion are keen to differentiate themselves from their competitor.

4564815B-2AFE-4B69-A446-3A2C4E2D0624.jpeg

Great news! @Liamfind will V11 let drain those cells until 3v like Kingsong? I hope it would, it would get very competitive range. 

• Like 3