WaveCut

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

I think you will regret this big time. Really I do.

Now @Seba is doing some amazing things. 

But a few things emerged when I ask about plans for accessories.

They replied with: sure we have though about this. We have light bt speakers and EUC Ridewear. (I have a strong gut feeling more is coming, I can't explain why...)

I thought ehh okey??!? And pop there is a watch comming that communicates directly to Inmotion wheels. 

IMG-20200414-WA0000.thumb.jpg.81a4e56c45f84111da96718a8ba6b228.jpg

Man, a dedicated watch would be great! My phone app sometimes freeze and the Pebble then fails to buzz speed limit alerts. A direct connection solves this issue.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Unventor said:

I think you will regret this big time. Really I do.

Now @Seba is doing some amazing things. 

But a few things emerged when I ask about plans for accessories.

They replied with: sure we have though about this. We have light bt speakers and EUC Ridewear. (I have a strong gut feeling more is coming, I can't explain why...)

I thought ehh okey??!? And pop there is a watch comming that communicates directly to Inmotion wheels. 

IMG-20200414-WA0000.thumb.jpg.81a4e56c45f84111da96718a8ba6b228.jpg

Sure you can do that with other watches too and soon Tizen based once also.

But to me it just shows that Inmotion have a game plan. They have listen to feedback and taken action. 

But they are holding their cards tight to the body. I am pretty sure once we get closer to delivery date we will see what Inmotion are all about. 

No matter what, I do hope you enjoy your wheel.

At least you can move that kiss fender from your KS16X to your next wheel as weather proofing mods.😉

I hope they think about how this will mount on wristguards. Regular watches don't do a great job with this. If it worked I could see leaving something like this permanently mounted on the wristguards.

• Like 1

It has to cost less than $100, as We've got lotsa alternatives that do lots of things, INCLUDING monitoring the wheels, at that price and less. Dandy device tho, specially for those with only INNO wheels. *Free with every inno wheel purchased... yeah, now that would be awesome, mount that fukr and forget it.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, clementine418 said:

I hope they think about how this will mount on wristguards. Regular watches don't do a great job with this. If it worked I could see leaving something like this permanently mounted on the wristguards.

No problem :)

Removable in few seconds with quick release pins. 

20191223-151017.jpg

• Like 3

Okey guys I don't have much details. But looking at picture it looks as you can mount a different wrist band. It is just a matter to find something useful that suits your needs. 

From what I got it is a direct communication with Inmotion wheels. No phone in between. There is like to be some sort of app or coding in the watch. But the excat details I don't have yet. It is work in progress. 

The bigger picture is the more important one. They are doing some different and innovative. Yes GW had a type of display but from what I got it was not really finished and got discontinue. 

This here look like a more finished product. But I will know more details once Inmotion is ready.

• Like 1

I know I kind of stated it. But please let's get it back on topic here. 

18 hours ago, Unventor said:

From what I got it is a direct communication with Inmotion wheels. No phone in between. There is like to be some sort of app or coding in the watch. But the excat details I don't have yet. It is work in progress. 

Fscking finally--I've been saying for over a year, just give me a standalone watch and/or watch app for a reasonable price that can connect directly to the wheel (no phone or phone app required) and show me with a sleek, simple interface (that doesn't look like a dude-bro's car-stereo faceplate from the 90s) just: battery percent, current speed, trip distance, and trip top speed, and that's it.

(I don't give a damn about the different smartwatch platforms and their compatibility with different smartphones or getting any other smartphone notifications on my wrist or any other contrived functionality which hardly anyone ever uses beyond the first week/month.)

Edited by AtlasP

6 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

Fscking finally--I've been saying for over a year, just give me a standalone watch for a reasonable price that can connect directly to the wheel (no phone or phone app required) and show me, with a sleek, simple interface (that doesn't look like a douchebag's car stereo faceplate in the 90s) just: battery percent, current speed, trip distance, trip top speed, and that's it.

(I don't give a damn about the different smartwatch platforms and their compatibility with different smartphones or getting any other smartphone notifications on my wrist or any other contrived functionality.)

I thought so too. But at some point (previous black fridag) I bought a smartwatch. 

Right now I am beta testing for @Seba the Tizen version (Samsung) that pass through a android smartphone to the wheel. 

The big difference here is the works cross brands. The IM watch decide do not. It is an IM only. But then again I don't know exactly how it works it is still being build. Once ready I am sure IM will show off this big time. But for now not ready yet.

• Like 2

Oh! thanks for the heads up, just that i read people going barmy over a Kingsong rep appearing in the kingsong sub-forum and battering him with questions and what-not about the new shiny, that it seemed like it was a very rare and new thing to have manufacturer reps engaging with the members here.

3 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

Oh! thanks for the heads up, just that i read people going barmy over a Kingsong rep appearing in the kingsong sub-forum and battering him with questions and what-not about the new shiny, that it seemed like it was a very rare and new thing to have manufacturer reps engaging with the members here.

With the "crowd" beeing excited anticipating new wheels and "going crazy" for information it can be quite overwhelming for manufacturer representatives standing alone in the spotlight!

Some reps change over time, some stand this pressure for longer time... ;)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chriull said:

Manufacturer reps are here quite regularly since (almost) the beginning.

@Liamfind is already a long term, well respected member here supporting inmotion riders consistently! :thumbup: 

... Not only introducing new wheels...

It’s always refreshing to see @Liamfind and the other EUC reps on our forum answering questions.

EUC manufacturing reps provide valuable insider information about their company’s R&D that generally would not be publicized until the product launches. We should all be honored by their presence. :cheers:

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

Thank you for sharing information here  @Liamfind Can you please adrees this message to imnotion.

Inmotion app need some offline function for calibrate EUC. Calibration is safety feature no calibrated EUC is dangerous. Problem is to open calibration menu you must be loged in app. No internet no calibration. Inmotion app is advanced "spy software" and recognize VPN if is VPN on not log into EUC = no calibration. If i buy V11 for 2000eur/usd i be still SLAVE who must be logged to  server in China just for calibration my new V11 ? Can inmotion change this?. Inmotion app is good i no hate this app is stable and usefull if is loged i personaly no need any social media functions thats just me i respect that. We need some simply offline mode /interface to calibrate thats only reason i have inmotion app in phone for setting my EUC what i pay for . Im scary in future something bad can hapen(again) and europe/US people be blocked big chinese firewall and nobody calibrate because politics? My V10F after 6 years later you shure you servers still be online for old product(and still be supported)? If no ,no more claibration in 2026 for V10F V8 V5F etc. No calibration = unuseable EUC. 

Think of a solution before the V11 comes out otherwise you shoot yourself in your leg. Kingsong offline solution has so don't stay behind or miss a train. With such expensive products, the "simplicity" of offline calibration can also be decisive for the customer. This CCP virus (Wuchan virus - covid-19) situation showed us all that what we thought was forever and would work. It may fall apart in a few days. Think of the future and try to separate the functionality of things from on-line mode to possible off-line services. Thank you very much the owner of V10F.

Yeah this needs addressing Inmotion! I actually thought i was the only one who couldn't connect my wheel to the app when im out on a ride, Isn't a problem for me at home because i have wifi but i always wondered why i couldn't connect  when  i was out and about on a ride i guess it's because i have no cellular data connection/mobile data, that's why i started using euc world.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, onizukagto said:

woah! inmotion rep spotted! First Kingsong rep, now Inmotion? 

What is going on?! haha

Liam has been here for quite some time (which you can verify from his post history).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davinche said:

There's a small bit in the beginning about inmotion trying to see if they can raise the top speed to 55km/h? Let's hope they can do it without sacrificing safety.

A seemingly modest increase

Would bring to the mind such peace

Among 50km/h wheels of which are quite a few, old and new

The V11 would stand apart

Ain't nobody gonna be able to say Inmotion's off to a slow start

Fingers crossed! 

Edited by FullTilt

22 hours ago, Liamfind said:

The smartwatch is under developing. That's why we only share the photo to tell you guys what we are doing right now. 

It's not possible for us to develop a smartwatch that can compatible with other brands due to the competition and the technical problem. Currently, we can't do such thing even if we can.

The inmotion smart watch will display the information of the vehicle we needed. No needed to clone the app to show all information that might distract the riders and cause injury from distraction.

Please give it a function where you can do something like touch the screen to sound the EUC's horn. My KS-16x has a horn accessible through the app, but what use is that? Who's going to ride with their phone in their hand so they can press a small icon the rare occasion they need it?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jon Stern said:

Please give it a function where you can do something like touch the screen to sound the EUC's horn. My KS-16x has a horn accessible through the app, but what use is that? Who's going to ride with their phone in their hand so they can press a small icon the rare occasion they need it?

If you use the EUC World app and link your smart watch then I believe you can set gestures on the smart watch to turn on the horn or you could have a long tap etc on the smart watch screen to do this. You might also be able to use gestures on the smart phone to sound the horn. I rarely use the horn on any vehicle I drive, even when commuting fairly quickly on my motorbike through London traffic, I'd be amazed if I use my horn more than once every few years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mike_bike_kite said:

If you use the EUC World app and link your smart watch then I believe you can set gestures on the smart watch to turn on the horn or you could have a long tap etc on the smart watch screen to do this. You might also be able to use gestures on the smart phone to sound the horn. I rarely use the horn on any vehicle I drive, even when commuting fairly quickly on my motorbike through London traffic, I'd be amazed if I use my horn more than once every few years.

In the Tizen (samsung version) you can set horn to what you link in same way it works with the main scteen on the phone.

1 tag, 3 tag, tap and hold.

Horn mode is set to be internal wheel or custom sound using internal BT speakrrs or the BT speaker the phone is set to use (BT speaker setting in phone ui not in the the app).

It works also with wear os if I recall corretly.

It looks like this (beta testing still for Tizen):