INMOTION V11 (2020)

2 hours ago, EUC_user said:

It’s about convenience and accessibility.

Bought a pair for myself based on the photos you posted! Looks like it just be able to add the tiny amount of clearance needed to access the valves readily. Thanks!

Have you noticed any differences in rebound damping after having the valve extenders on there?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yeah, sorry. I lurk around here from time to time, but in general im much more active on reddit and fb.  I just received the v11 last night, immediately posted the pic on instagram and then went

Today I was extremely fortunate (along with my g/f) to meet up with both Jimmy Chang and Chooch in order to try both the prototype versions of the V11 and S18. And not just 'try' them, but I logged at

I'm happy to inform you that Inmotion V11 support has been added to EUC World. New, 2.0.0 release is now available on Google Play.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Denny Paul said:

Bought a pair for myself based on the photos you posted! Looks like it just be able to add the tiny amount of clearance needed to access the valves readily. Thanks!

Have you noticed any differences in rebound damping after having the valve extenders on there?

Yeah, there’s enough clearance now to access the valves without taking the saddles off.

I also recommend the quick release adapter to avoid spending time threading the pump on and off of the valve.

I haven’t ridden the wheel since but I highly doubt it’d make a difference.

18 hours ago, Denny Paul said:

I do appreciate your appropriate use of the word “damping” here.

It’s a good thing the V11 is IP55 rated for all those owners out there.

23 minutes ago, EUC_user said:

I do appreciate your appropriate use of the word “damping” here.

It’s a good thing the V11 is IP55 rated for all those owners out there.

Since bearings have problem with water I doubt that they actually certified the wheel as IP55, feels like something they might have made up.

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

Since bearings have problem with water I doubt that they actually certified the wheel as IP55, feels like something they might have made up.

Sebastian "only" made Android apps so far. He don't have licenses to do iOS apps.

On the other hand this it not really V11 specific.  

Edited by Unventor
On 4/11/2021 at 2:02 PM, Unventor said:

Sebastian "only" made Android apps so far. He don't have licenses to do iOS apps.

On the other hand this it not really V11 specific.  

?

On 4/11/2021 at 12:12 PM, Rawnei said:

My comment was tongue-in-cheek.

Is anyone getting wobbles on fast speed hard braking with the V11? And in addition, it seems sluggish on the hard braking at fast speed; and by that I mean, it doesn't stop right away which was what I had expected.... So far this is one of my major dislikes of this wheel... and it's a first wheel. I have no experience with other ones. From the videos I've watched, Chooch tech says that the EXN has the best braking of any wheels.

Edited by jmsjms
14 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

Is anyone getting wobbles on fast speed hard braking with the V11? And in addition, it seems sluggish on the hard braking at fast speed; and by that I mean, it doesn't stop right away which was what I had expected.... So far this is one of my major dislikes of this wheel... and it's a first wheel. I have no experience with other ones. From the videos I've watched, Chooch tech says that the EXN has the best braking of any wheels.

Wobbles are a product of rider technique almost exclusively. Yes some wheels can have geometry that makes it more difficult to control, and the v11s tall ride height and large tire make it one of the hardest wheels to control.

but you still can. When braking hard, my knees are so bent that my butt nearly touches the brake light. The lower you get, the harder you can dig your heels in without toppling over backwards, and the faster you can brake. At the same time, squeeze your feet and legs together to discourage wobbles from starting.

if wobbles start, do not brake harder, they will get worse. Instead stop braking altogether, adjust your technique, and try again.

squat and squeeze

8 minutes ago, Denny Paul said:

... Instead stop braking altogether, adjust your technique, and try again.

squat and squeeze

I do feel prompted to adjust when the hard braking wobble happens, but not to stop the braking. When you gotta brake, then you better brake. I'll try the bending my knees and lowering my body.

3 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

I do feel prompted to adjust when the hard braking wobble happens, but not to stop the braking. When you gotta brake, then you better brake. I'll try the bending my knees and lowering my body.

Do you have any pads that you can grip onto? I find proper padding really a necessity on the v11. Especially for braking. When its naked its really hard to torque it down, but with a little back pad you can really crank on it and get it to stop quickly. 

Edited by GoGeorgeGo
2 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

Do you have any pads that you can grip onto? I find proper padding really a necessity on the v11. Especially for braking. When its naked its really hard to torque it down, but with a little back pad you can really crank on it and get it to stop quickly. 

I don't have pads.

1 minute ago, jmsjms said:

I don't have pads.

Try making a set of power pads, or at least a back piece to brake with. If you like how it performs you can always buy something that looks nicer later. I think personally a back pad is a necessary safety addition to the v11. It dramatically increases braking performance for me

12 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

Lol, the general idea is to nail down your braking technique BEFORE your life depends it...

If you can brake well, you don’t get wobbles. Practice until you’re not getting wobbles. Pads may help. 

12 minutes ago, Denny Paul said:

Lol, the general idea is to nail down your braking technique BEFORE your life depends it...

If you can brake well, you don’t get wobbles. Practice until you’re not getting wobbles. Pads may help. 

If I practice hard braking at high speeds, do I wear out the brake, or brake pads... or whatever stops the spinning wheel? I always try to go soft on my car brakes because I know that they wear out faster that way. I would assume that something in the wheel disc starts to wear down when you abuse it too much.

4 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

If I practice hard braking at high speeds, do I wear out the brake, or brake pads... or whatever stops the spinning wheel? I always try to go soft on my car brakes because I know that they wear out faster that way. I would assume that something in the wheel disc starts to wear down when you abuse it too much.

Nope, its all done via magnets. Your only concern while braking to hard is overcurrent to the board. The electric motors feature regenerative braking so when going downhill or stopping you actually create electricity. Some older machines had issues handling that backflow of electricity, but the v11 should handle it fine. I have had no issues cranking on mine as hard as i can manage 

Just be careful braking when near full battery state

Edited by GoGeorgeGo
1 minute ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

... its all done via magnets....

Wow! When is the car industry going to start using that technology?

4 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

Wow! When is the car industry going to start using that technology?

Its why the tesla bubble has grown to something like 1000x earnings lol

People are bullish on the long term viability of electric vehicles, they are faster, more torquey, require less maintenance, produce less emissions (long term) and are quiet. Invest in lithium mines and battery producers, its a pretty safe 10 year investment

Edited by GoGeorgeGo
3 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

Its why the tesla bubble has grown to something like 1000x earnings lol

People are bullish on the long term viability of electric vehicles, they are faster, more torquey, require less maintenance, produce less emissions (long term) and are quiet. Invest in lithium mines and battery producers, its a pretty safe 10 year investment

Oh I see.... Didn't know that electric cars had no brake pads.

2 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

Oh I see.... Didn't know that electric cars had no brake pads.

Im sure most currently do, due to the legal requirements for being a road vehicle require mechanical braking systems in all states. But its something i fully expect to fade away over time as the motor technology is improved and proven to be as efficient and far less prone to mechanical failure than pads and disc brakes 

Edited by GoGeorgeGo
1 hour ago, jmsjms said:

Like others replied wobbles are from the rider not something you can blame the wheel. 

Most tend to stay forward on the pedals. This make hard braking hard and it also easier to get wobbles when you attempt to brake hard if you are stand in the front of the pedals.

If you want to brake hard sitting on a chair style seems to be the best way for most to control the braking. 

I recall an guy in France testing braking hard that really push this. But I couldn't find that clip so the above is just to show this.

It you need to push it harder you can sort of push the heels hard and crouch backwards further down almost like squatting. 

But there is a limit to how hard this can be done on any wheel. The V11 is not a bad brake but the rim size and its weight make it not as good or fast reacting as smaller wheels and the fast you go the baking distance go up a lot.

5 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

... proven to be as efficient and far less prone to mechanical failure than pads and disc brakes 

I just looked up on the web, it says that magnets lose their magnetism at high temperatures!? Well, when you start melting something then it loses its normal molecular structure and turns to something else. 

I will wait for more reviews on the EX.N. Like I said earlier Chooch Tech says that it has the best braking of the high end wheels and less wobble at high speed too.

3 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

I just looked up on the web, it says that magnets lose their magnetism at high temperatures!? Well, when you start melting something then it loses its normal molecular structure and turns to something else. 

There is almost no friction as the rotational force is applied to the ball bearings, so there is little heat generated. Magnets lose magnetism at temperatures of 175 degrees. If your electric motor is running at 175 degrees+ you got bigger problems than the loss of magnetism 

Edited by GoGeorgeGo

I can say owning both wheels (with the caveat that i only have 50-60 miles on the exn) that the v11 is much better balanced and does not wobble at all in straight line speeds. The suspension eats bumps that may cause oscillations and the batteries are balanced on both sides of the wheel. The EXN has 2 packs on one side and only one on the other and losses ground contact more often which can cause oscillations.  The v11 does have slightly more wobble in high speed cornering though the exn corners pretty well, likely due to the lower pedal height. 

End of the day though its you thats wobbling not the wheel. My advise, ALWAY have one toe area pressing down on the wheel. Whether its your ledt or right or you switch them like i do, using the front of your foot to "gas" the pedals is how you stop wobbles. Keeping a constant pressure forward with one foot and backwards with the other, like your pressing the pedals down into the ground is a way to think about it. Its all in your feet and ankles. Weak ankles will wobble

@jmsjms

Edited by GoGeorgeGo