WaveCut

Thanks for your post. I just turned 50 and ride a KS 16X, and I'm waiting on my V11 to get to and leave ewheels (it's in port, at least). I was curious about how much battery you have left at the end of your 16 mile commute? How are you riding it (fast/slow/med)? What do you weigh? Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigSkyGlide said:

Thanks for your post. I just turned 50 and ride a KS 16X, and I'm waiting on my V11 to get to and leave ewheels (it's in port, at least). I was curious about how much battery you have left at the end of your 16 mile commute? How are you riding it (fast/slow/med)? What do you weigh? Thanks!

If you look at my profile you will find many similarly between us. 

I can same that EUC blew me away how amazing these devices are. The V11 gave me same impression 2x. It is a long story despite some issues I do think you are in for a treat. 

I am looking forward to you doing a comparison between your 16x and V11 once you get used to the V11. 

I had a hard time getting back on my 16x due to my bad knees and getting used to suspension mitigating this. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Viy G-men said:

After installing 1.2.1 got error: An abnormal firmware detected, please try to update the firmware to fix it !

:(

Is it possible to reinstall firmware?

It depends. Sorry I know it doesn't give much of an answer. But it depends what happened in your wheel. .

I strongly suggest you reach out to Inmotion or your reseller so they can assist you.

Things can get really messed up with corrupted firmware process. But that said I recall it as Inmotion has been able to help out people unless something is physical broken and a part needs replacement. 

On 11/6/2020 at 7:17 PM, ImNotLikeYou said:

I plug in about every 2.5 days.

It is better for the battery if you plug the wheel in as often as possible, just saying. Three ten mile charges will stress the battery much less than one thirty mile charge.

Edited by mhpr262

On 10/27/2020 at 6:54 AM, mrelwood said:

The S18 suspension mechanism comes misaligned and horribly badly put together from the factory, causing every part of the mechanism to be stuck and thus preventing the suspension from working.

There’s a whole lot of discussion about this at the KS subforum if you want to learn more.

This is absolutely not true.  The S18 does have some adjustments that can be done to improve the suspension but it is far from "preventing the suspension from working".  I have 300 miles on my suspension and the only thing I did after 1/2 of those miles was to remove the blocks.  I will do more to tweak it further but it works fine.  

• Like 2

On 10/6/2020 at 7:09 PM, bydavy said:

For me the fix to "please repair" has been to reach out to the seller and they sent me a new Driver Board. I did the swap myself and since then my "please repair" is gone.

I just got mine today. Tried to update firmware. Now I get the "Please Repair" error too.

They are sending me a new control board. Did you watch a video on how to change it?

• Like 3

On 11/9/2020 at 6:56 AM, Cranium said:

I will do more to tweak it further but it works fine.

The problem with this comment (about the S18, which I’ve heard countless times) is that you say it’s working fine... compared to what exactly? Almost everybody who say that have never tried other suspension wheels, and have no idea how an EUC suspension behaves when it truly works fine. Sure even the stock assembly can in many cases help a bit with large bumps and drops. But that is not “working fine”.

So far every single one who has opened up the S18, have reported issues with several of the following: misaligned or destroyed bearings, misaligned sliding tubes, joints bolted very tight across the bearings, and misaligned left and right sides of the mechanism. And that fixing just some of them makes a drastic difference to the sensitivity of the suspension mechanism.

You can do a test: Stand on the wheel, hold on to a wall with one hand, and keep your knees locked dead straight. Now keep otherwise perfectly still, but only move your one free hand up and down. Does the suspension react to the movement?

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

The problem with this comment (about the S18, which I’ve heard countless times) is that you say it’s working fine... compared to what exactly? Almost everybody who say that have never tried other suspension wheels, and have no idea how an EUC suspension behaves when it truly works fine. Sure even the stock assembly can in many cases help a bit with large bumps and drops. But that is not “working fine”.

So far every single one who has opened up the S18, have reported issues with several of the following: misaligned or destroyed bearings, misaligned sliding tubes, joints bolted very tight across the bearings, and misaligned left and right sides of the mechanism. And that fixing just some of them makes a drastic difference to the sensitivity of the suspension mechanism.

You can do a test: Stand on the wheel, hold on to a wall with one hand, and keep your knees locked dead straight. Now keep otherwise perfectly still, but only move your one free hand up and down. Does the suspension react to the movement?

Yes, it is working fine.  

I follow and read about all the reported issues people are saying about the S18.  For some, the goal is to reduce any friction point as much as possible. Perfection is a great goal.  But the wheel not coming that way doesn't mean it is bad. 

You can't take a few cases of issues and then apply it to everyone.  You are trying to make a comparison that is not relevant by saying "compared to exactly what".  It's like when you buy a car with a good size engine and love the acceleration but then get into a supercar and then your car doesn't feel fast anymore.  But then you get into a Tesla Model S with Ludicrous mode and the supercar doesn't feel fast anymore.  It's all relative and one doesn't negate or define the other.  

I get on the S18, the shock compresses.  I get off the S18, the shock rebounds.  I have put enough pressure in the upper and lower chambers to provide 3/4 range compression on my normal riding and a rebound rate I'm comfortable with.  The S18 absorbs the bumps and drops and meets everything I would expect in a suspension wheel.  My expectations are met.  

The one hand test is a completely made up thing.  I can move one hand up and down and cause the suspension to move up and down but that is far from being any kind of relevant test metric to use for demonstrating anything (the mass of peoples arm's and the amount of hand swing will be different for everyone).  There is some friction in the system and those who replace the outer washers, add thrust bearings (or teflon spacers) and upgrade the installed bearings will reduce the friction.  But I will never ride in zero load conditions where friction must be at the lowest possible amount.  As previously stated, I will make more changes to mine but there is no sense of urgency since it works just fine now.  

Guess what? Fedex lost my V11. Ordered from eWheels. I got one single tracking scan when it left California, and then nothing up to the date it was supposed to arrive. I thought nothing of it. Assumed someone just forgot to scan it. Nope! Whether they actually lost it, or some chud googled 'inmotion v11' after seeing it on the box and nabbed it, it's gone. I'm leaning towards thinking it was the latter, because how do you lose a giant 60lb box? Super disappointed that this happens after waiting on the pre-order since July. Maybe I'll get incredibly lucky and it was just lost & then found, but man, I'm so upset. Fucking sucks.

EDIT: Huh... I poked around and found the Fedex subreddit. Something is seriously wrong with Fedex right now, there are about 50 threads made *just* today about similar issues to mine. What the hell is going on??? https://www.reddit.com/r/FedEx/

EDIT 2: Phew, I think they found it. It just received a scan in New Jersey, after a week of no one having any idea where it could be. Thank god. It should be here tomorrow.

Edited by rexdelmolvo
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, rexdelmolvo said:

Guess what? Fedex lost my V11. Ordered from eWheels. I got one single tracking scan when it left California, and then nothing up to the date it was supposed to arrive. I thought nothing of it. Assumed someone just forgot to scan it. Nope! Whether they actually lost it, or some chud googled 'inmotion v11' after seeing it on the box and nabbed it, it's gone. I'm leaning towards thinking it was the latter, because how do you lose a giant 60lb box? Super disappointed that this happens after waiting on the pre-order since July. Maybe I'll get incredibly lucky and it was just lost & then found, but man, I'm so upset. Fucking sucks.

Man I feel for you here this is beyond maximum suckage I would be drowning in sorrow...

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, rexdelmolvo said:

EDIT: Huh... I poked around and found the Fedex subreddit. Something is seriously wrong with Fedex right now, there are about 50 threads made *just* today about similar issues to mine. What the hell is going on??? https://www.reddit.com/r/FedEx/

This is the best news ever there is hope

I'm living through this with you my sorrow is less

Just got the new wheel from 5-Nov-2020, after a few days already had problem with one of the plastic bracket bearings. Minor pressure and it got broken! (below picture) :blink: It does not contemporarily affect the ride at all, though. Does anyone know where can I buy the metal bearings for this (I am in Europe)?

In addition, does your V11 ask for password to connect with EUC World app? I tried 0000 - 000000 - 1234 - 123456 - last 8 digits of serial number and all did not work. Inmotion app works without password.

Untitled

Edited by Steven007
more details

33 minutes ago, Steven007 said:

Just got the new wheel from 5-Nov-2020, after a few days already had problem with one of the plastic bracket bearings. Minor pressure and it got broken! (below picture) :blink: It does not contemporarily affect the ride at all, though. Does anyone know where can I buy the metal bearings for this (I am in Europe)?

In addition, does your V11 ask for password to connect with EUC World app? I tried 0000 - 000000 - 1234 - 123456 - last 8 digits of serial number and all did not work. Inmotion app works without password.

For EUC World don't enter anything just hit OK.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

For EUC World don't enter anything just hit OK.

Tried but doesn't work for me :(

It works now after updating the app and wheel's firmware. Thanks!

Edited by Steven007
more info
  • Like 1

Got my V11 today! Only took it for a quick ride though, it started raining as soon as I set up the wheel :/ . I'm a ~220lb rider and set my suspension to 75/150psi top/bottom. When I ride off curbs, I do not think I feel myself bottoming out but I hear a somewhat loud clunk noise. Is that normal?

• Like 1