WaveCut

2 hours ago, Dgar said:

Would this be batch 3A or 3B? I haven't gotten the notice above so I assume the message is for the 3A batch and I am supposedly in 3B.

3A. I got that info by asking them directly with a support ticket alongside another issue I was having, it wasn't a notice. Always feel like I'm nagging them but they're always cool about it :P I think they said another notice will go out this weekend?

Edited by rexdelmolvo
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, rexdelmolvo said:

3A. I got that info by asking them directly with a support ticket alongside another issue I was having, it wasn't a notice. Always feel like I'm nagging them but they're always cool about it :P I think they said another notice will go out this weekend?

i'm glad you mentioned this... i should be in batch 3A as well, but i got a bit worried when i hadn't heard anything from them like you described. i'll try to resist nagging them and hope i get contacted this weekend.

2 hours ago, kurt_hectic said:

Hello,

Recently I had a small crash and upper part broke in classic manner- in 2 places, where the holes are.

Is is an alu part, can I weld it? I used epoxy glue for metal, but I dont trust it...

48E0B854-268B-426B-943D-E6368D788EAA.jpeg

What a horribly bad luck you had!

Even if aluminum welding would probably hold, I would get a new part ASAP. That part is responsible of aligning the vertical suspension rails, which need to be aligned very precisely or the suspension will stick. You might even downgrade the wheel to the (stock) S18 territory if the alignment is out of whack.

1 hour ago, Coco66 said:

What does this mean? 

The S18 suspension mechanism comes misaligned and horribly badly put together from the factory, causing every part of the mechanism to be stuck and thus preventing the suspension from working.

There’s a whole lot of discussion about this at the KS subforum if you want to learn more.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

The S18 suspension mechanism comes misaligned and horribly badly put together from the factory, causing every part of the mechanism to be stuck and thus preventing the suspension from working.

There’s a whole lot of discussion about this at the KS subforum if you want to learn more.

Good luck reading up on all the 156 pages of the S18 mega-thread :)

Edited by FinRider
  • Like 3

On 10/22/2020 at 10:11 PM, AtlasP said:

So does it have the new, reinforced saddle design without the metal brackets?

It might have - how can I identify it? The only thing I know is, it hasn't broken yet! Despite several small crashes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, h3X said:

It might have - how can I identify it? The only thing I know is, it hasn't broken yet! Despite several small crashes.

You'll see tiny flimsy metal brackets right around the plastic the screws are drilled into. Totally will fix the issue. Totally. 

The saddle screw holes

received_700894613870630.jpeg

received_374792866904217.jpeg

received_815975305880586.jpeg

received_390769502045962.jpeg

The photo upload system of this forum is horrible, by the way. The size limit is tiny, doesn't register correctly, and uploads fail a lot. The post ended up with a lot of duplicate images.

received_815975305880586.jpeg

Edited by h3X

52 minutes ago, h3X said:

The photo upload system of this forum is horrible, by the way. The size limit is tiny, doesn't register correctly, and uploads fail a lot. The post ended up with a lot of duplicate images.

Yeah your best using a free photo hosting website ,I use https://imgbb.com/

• Like 2

I dont have my V11 yet, but was just wondering in anyone had tried to make any plastic or metal guards for the shock valves?

I was thinking perhaps something that attached to the wheelcover on either side, and acted to deflect impact like a MX sump guard does. Just an idea. Having not been close to a V11 yet, Im not sure exactly how to implement this, but it could be worthwhile looking into as it seems to be the V11s weak point.

• Like 3