WaveCut

Hi all, just been for my first ride on my new V11. Loving the suspension but think it needs tweaking. I have seen it mentioned in a few you tube videos that the V11 has a pogo effect and I see what they mean. When going over harsher rocks/roots it springs back and knocks the top which in turn makes my feet leave the foot plates and move forward an inch. Is this normal behaviour for this type of suspension system or will adjusting the negative chamber improve this? And if so, should I increase or decrease the negative chamber?

I have Clark pads on the way which will help this but if I can fine tune it so much the better.

Any tips greatly appreciated 😬

7 hours ago, UniVehje said:

How much do you weigh? 

For a 75-80 kg rider I would suggest starting with 100 PSI on the lower chamber and 50 PSI on upper chamber. It is the upper chamber that mostly works on reducing the effect you described. Try setting the lower chamber so that when you stand still on the wheel, the suspension will sag 3.5-4 cm and then put half of the lower chamber number on the upper chamber. If you put more on the upper, you can reduce the rebound effect even more, but the ride might get stiffer. 

I got similar effect when testing with empty upper chamber. 

About 220lbs with gear. I followed the guidance with the lower chamber at 150psi. I’ll try 75 in the upper then. Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RoCan said:

About 220lbs with gear. I followed the guidance with the lower chamber at 150psi. I’ll try 75 in the upper then. Thanks for the tip!

The official guide does have slightly high pressures. It could work for you with 70-75psi on top, but if you want a more plush ride, I’d try 140psi at the bottom and 50psi on top. I weigh 235-240 with gear, and I like a plush ride, so I settled on 150/40psi.

For me there is no pogo stick even at 0psi on top, as long as I set the bottom pressure accordingly. The amount of sag is the important number to check.

• Like 2

Been for a 41 mile ride today and 9%battery remains, I'm 200lbs and was doing about 20mph mostly terrain was tow path and wet mud/gravel this is where I wasn't happy so question is what off road tyre will fit the v11 and keeping a good width tyre ,, link if possible please peeps,, I don't like when tyre slips in wet

3 hours ago, Jon Stern said:

You're talking nonsense. You're 14 stone!

1 hour ago, stephen said:

? What do you mean

I had to look this up. :confused1: 14 stone means 196 pounds. 

8 hours ago, stephen said:

what off road tyre will fit the v11

CST C-186 is widely sold in Europe, while the Kenda K262 is a similar tire sold in the US.

You can also search for the Kenda with a phrase “Veteran Sherman off-road tire“.

3 hours ago, mrelwood said:

CST C-186 is widely sold in Europe, while the Kenda K262 is a similar tire sold in the US.

You can also search for the Kenda with a phrase “Veteran Sherman off-road tire“.

Ooo thx I didn't know the sherman tyre would fit,, thanks for the info

26 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

You're from the UK! How can you not know what I mean? 14 stone 4 lbs to be precise.

Lol yeah I always say Stone and pounds but thought I'd make it easier for everyone to understand,,,I thought your initial remark was I didn't look 14 stone OR I looked more than that:D

Edited by stephen

On 5/13/2021 at 7:01 PM, stephen said:

Been for a 41 mile ride today and 9%battery remains, I'm 200lbs and was doing about 20mph mostly terrain was tow path and wet mud/gravel this is where I wasn't happy so question is what off road tyre will fit the v11 and keeping a good width tyre ,, link if possible please peeps,, I don't like when tyre slips in wet

I know what you mean, I don't like tire slipping in wet conditions either. But changing to a different tire that per forms better in wet and muddy conditions means choosing a tire that do not have a solid center line like the stock tire do. But the trade of that comes with that leaves you with harder to turn wheel. You will see more of this discussed when @mrelwoodgave me tips for my winter tire. It is especially the low speed shoulder turning without leaning the wheel to the side and somewhat the carving sensation that takes a hit with a knobby/off-road/winter thread tire.

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Hi @mrelwood is this the correct tyre

https://www.mytyres.co.uk/product/R-268183?Country=UK&ID=sea_rd_uk_Froogle_Shopping&ef_id=CjwKCAjwv_iEBhASEiwARoemvClhhWF_iZPS4XFtqxfcBwgyExFsj938MG43LIWR_KbucOyos2pE9hoC7qoQAvD_BwE:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!432!3!433123687600!!!u!295468871519!&gclid=CjwKCAjwv_iEBhASEiwARoemvClhhWF_iZPS4XFtqxfcBwgyExFsj938MG43LIWR_KbucOyos2pE9hoC7qoQAvD_BwE

• Like 1

On 5/10/2021 at 6:20 AM, WaveCut said:

Do you have any sort of extra pass or its clean?

Sorry, I didn't understand your comment. "Extra pass" or "clean" regarding violent shaking I described?

Is anyone getting a noise that sounds like a pieces of paper stuck somewhere and rubbing on the wheel? If you stick your finger on the plastic fan-blades of a fan while it is spinning -- that's how it sounds: a soft click-click-click-click...

7 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Those are one of the greatest moments, challenging and surpassing one’s skills! I love those!

If you want to take it to the next level, replace the original tire with a more off-roady one. You won’t believe the confidence it gives! I just installed a mc tire Heidenau K66. I wasn’t planning on making a video review, but the tire surprised me enough to start shooting video clips right away!

If you don’t want to wait for me to edit the video for the conclusion... Just buy the tire. :wub:

Does it fits without mods to either the tire or shell? Because ewheel only has one offroad tire for it, and it require some shaving, which I would prefer not to do if I can find a proper tire. 

Ive seen those online. Which size should I buy ?

https://fortnine.ca/fr/heidenau-k66-4-season-scooter-tire

If you can give me more info!

Thanks!

Edited by Eric plam
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Eric plam said:

Does it fits without mods to either the tire or shell? Because ewheel only has one offroad tire for it, and it require some shaving, which I would prefer not to do if I can find a proper tire. 

Ive seen those online. Which size should I buy ?

https://fortnine.ca/fr/heidenau-k66-4-season-scooter-tire

If you can give me more info!

Thanks!

The size 80/80-14 should fit. @mrelwood fitted a 80/90-14 and it is a tight fit as far I understood him.

• Like 1