WaveCut

50 minutes ago, Rfail1988 said:

Thanks for the input. Ewheels really hooked me up and is sending a replacement trolley handle for free, hopefully thatll fix it. I have 9ne more question - I'm on the 1.2.1 firmware, but my max speed is set in the app to 30 mph. Shouldn't it go up to 34 after the initial firmware update? 

You have to unlock it with an easter egg-like feature in the app, because they allowed 34mph for the enthusiasts, but don't want inexperienced riders hurting themselves:

Edited by redfoxdude
  • Like 1

So I received my V11 (Batch 2) less than 2 weeks ago, ridden it a few times in which it was great but now it sounds like this:

It's really really loud, bad bearings? 😔 The joy was short lived, contacted my reseller.

8 hours ago, redfoxdude said:

You have to unlock it with an easter egg-like feature in the app, because they allowed 34mph for the enthusiasts, but don't want inexperienced riders hurting themselves:

That function on the app doesn't seem to exist anymore, at least in the dorm shown on that video. I saw elsewhere that you need to press the "feature" button 5 times, but that isn't there anymore either. I just wanna go FAST!

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

It's really really loud, bad bearings?

Seems so. But I wouldn’t let the joy stop while you wait for spares. No harm done riding it like that, other than the noise.

1 hour ago, Rfail1988 said:

That function on the app doesn't seem to exist anymore, at least in the dorm shown on that video. I saw elsewhere that you need to press the "feature" button 5 times, but that isn't there anymore either. I just wanna go FAST!

Make sure both the app and the V11 firmware are up to date. The feature was added later on.

8 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Seems so. But I wouldn’t let the joy stop while you wait for spares. No harm done riding it like that, other than the noise.

The noise is unbearably loud though, both for me and passerby's, so I won't ride it like that. 😔

Fortunately I have an MSP so I'm not wheel-less.

Edited by Rawnei

Hi everyone. I'm first time trying to setup my new V11 wheel and I am trying to pump the tire pressure. I watched some videos on putting on the long metal piece, so I did; then, I pump air, but the pressure gauge reading stays to zero even though the tire seems quite pumped up and hard to squeeze. Does anyone know what is going on? I kept fiddling with it. I was even able to screw the pump without the metal piece to see if it had something to do with the long metal piece. I also don't think this is a pump issue because I already did the suspension pressure and the gauge reader does work.

Edited by jmsjms

13 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

Hi everyone. I'm first time trying to setup my new V11 wheel and I am trying to pump the tire pressure. I watched some videos on putting on the long metal piece, so I did; then, I pump air, but the pressure gauge reading stays to zero even though the tire seems quite pumped up and hard to squeeze. Does anyone know what is going on? I kept fiddling with it. I was even able to screw the pump without the metal piece to see if it had something to do with the long metal piece. I also don't think this is a pump issue because I already did the suspension pressure and the gauge reader does work.

That pump is not ideal for pumping the tire. It's made for very small air chambers. It would probably take an hour of pumping to get your tire to the right pressure.

However, that doesn't explain why you're seeing 0 psi when you connect it. Make sure both ends of the pump are screwed together before connecting it to the extension or the valve directly. The new pumps has a tip that has 2 sections. You unscrew them from each other to bleed the line before removing the pump.

If you can stand on it and it doesn't flatten out, you're probably fine, at least until you can get a better pump for the tire. 

I noticed when I went up to 45psi, I was getting lots of speed wobbles. It's my first EUC, and I've only been riding for 2 days. First day I did about 8 miles and then I raised the pressure to 45psi and tried riding, bit I kept getting speed wobbles. I let a bunch of air out and they went away. Not sure what pressure I'm at, but the tire has a tiny bit of give when I'm on it, and no speed wobbles. 

Maybe when I'm more advanced, I'll be able to increase it. I'm not jumping anything yet, I've only got 14 miles under my belt. 

I'm so done: I found another pressure gauge reader and pumped the tire... spent the whole day trying to make a brand new wheel work.... But now my phone refuses to download and install any apps, so I can't activate the wheel.

Edited by jmsjms

I finally got to download the Inmotion app, but when I try the Owner Verification code from the sticker on the V11, I keep getting "The SCV is not connected."The wheel is connected, the power is on and the light is on too. So, what's going on? Thanks.

I generally don't upgrade firmware unless there is something I really want in the new firmware. On a brand new wheel I get I but once it's sorted if you like how it's behaving leave it alone :D

I know others have had to try multiple times to get the firmware update to work, looks like a lot of people got their v11s at the same time so the server gets too much traffic. I hope you get riding soon! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmsjms said:

Got it working finally. But now the upgrade of the firmware keeps failing.

if you're using an android phone, try using an Apple device.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flying W said:

...I hope you get riding soon! 

Yes, just came back. Used it for couple of hours. First time E-wheel user. It took 20 minutes to stand up and get it going. I had anticipated it to be easier, but the wheel felt so sluggish and heavy. It felt like a heavy oil tanker that I was trying to rev up and getting going like a speed boat. I assumed that leaning forward would immediately jump start the gas but didn't feel that way and that's why I kept being unsuccessful on the starting; the increase of speed was slower than my expectation. I thought maybe I depressurized the tire or the suspension too much when I was setting them up. I think I was right on following the suspension guidelines. I am ~58 kg  (130 lbs), but considering that I'll be carrying a backpack and a helmet (eventually) I bumped up the setup weight for a 63 kg person (140 lbs.). So, I setup the suspension according to the guidelines (and video I watched on setting up). It was around 60 psi for the bottom one, and the top one at about half of that. And the tire pressure at about 30 lbs, not 40 because I wanted the tire to hug the road better and doesn't give me wobbling issues.

Then I got comfortable going straight but what's bothering me is the slower speed, especially on a narrow sidewalks, and also my right turns; and I crashed the wheel couple of times already too. Also, I did experience that wobble at higher speed that everyone talks about, but mine wasn't the severe uncontrollable shaking and I had no big issues with it at all.... Kind of unhappy first day though, considering the amount of issues I listed several posts before this one earlier in the day.

My initial intention prior to buying this wheel was to take it on the road to work, not on a sidewalk; but currently I'm not going past 20 mph speed, so that means I wouldn't be able to take it in traffic... at least till I get more confident. Maybe this coming Monday may not be my first day to take it to work on the road.

Edited by jmsjms

18 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

I had anticipated it to be easier, but the wheel felt so sluggish and heavy. It felt like a heavy oil tanker that I was trying to rev up and getting going like a speed boat. I assumed that leaning forward would immediately jump start the gas but didn't feel that way and that's why I kept being unsuccessful on the starting; the increase of speed was slower than my expectation.

I'm not a new rider but I can relate.  I recently received my V11 and it felt just like you described to me -- sluggish and heavy.  I'm coming from a V8F which is much easier to take off and get speed.  That's probably my biggest gripe so far with it.

18 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

I thought maybe I depressurized the tire or the suspension too much when I was setting them up. I think I was right on following the suspension guidelines. I am ~58 kg  (130 lbs), but considering that I'll be carrying a backpack and a helmet (eventually) I bumped up the setup weight for a 63 kg person (140 lbs.). So, I setup the top suspension according to the guidelines -- around 60 psi and the bottom one about half of that. And the tire pressure at about 30 lbs, not 40 because I wanted the tire to hug the road better and doesn't give me wobbling issues.

I think you may have your suspension set up wrong if I'm understanding you correctly.  You said 60psi in the top and 30 psi (half) in the bottom?  It should be the other way around.  30psi in the top (negative) chamber and 60 psi in the bottom (positive) chamber.

26 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

Then I got comfortable going straight but what's bothering me is the slower speed, especially on a narrow sidewalks, and also my right turns; and I crashed the wheel couple of times already too. Also, I did experience that wobble at higher speed that everyone talks about, but mine wasn't the severe uncontrollable shaking and I had no big issues with it at all.... Kind of unhappy first day though, considering the amount of issues I listed several posts before this one earlier in the day.

I was somewhat unhappy on day 1 as well, simply because it felt unwieldly to me and I didn't feel the same level of control as I did on my V8F.  But I've been out on it a few days now and it's growing on me.

28 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

My initial intention prior to buying this wheel was to take it on the road to work, not on a sidewalk; but currently I'm not going past 20 mph speed, so that means I wouldn't be able to take it in traffic... at least till I get more confident. Maybe this coming Monday may not be my first day to take it to work on the road.

Don't be in a rush to get on the road with it if you have sidewalks available.  Take your time and be safe.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, WebDev said:

...I think you may have your suspension set up wrong if I'm understanding you correctly.  You said 60psi in the top and 30 psi (half) in the bottom?  It should be the other way around.  30psi in the top (negative) chamber and 60 psi in the bottom (positive) chamber.

Yes, you're right. I described it wrong and will correct my original post. The video I watched showed the guy pumping the bottom chamber first, then the top. So, the bottom one I did at 60 psi, and the top one at about half of that.

• Like 1

@jmsjms foot placement had a lot to do with sluggishness and wobbles. Every wheel is different but of it's slow to accelerate move your feet a little more forward on the pedals. There is a balance where accel and breaking is balanced. 

After a while it will just click and the wheel will be an extension of your body!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mrelwood said:

You probably haven’t read the learning journals of other people. 20min to get going on your own is fast! It took a lot longer for most of us.

Sluggish acceleration is an unavoidable feature of any 18” EUC. For instant acceleration one must go with a smaller tire, although, that is the only thing they do better.

But since you are just beginning, don’t expect yet having the skills and trust to achieve fast acceleration on any EUC! Riding an EUC is a skill like any other, and requires a learning period.

While riding at all is a skill in itself, riding slow is an advanced skill! For some of us it takes months to ride comfortably at walking speed. You were expecting a much faster learning period than what’s realistic. It happens, now you just have to be patient as you methodically learn yourself the skill.

Give yourself time. It took me maybe a week until I was confident enough to even ride on the sidewalk if there was a single pedestrian or a bicyclist around.

You didn’t mention anything about protective gear, but I hope you understand that the risk of hurting yourself on a completely new form of transport that requires a lot of skill is a reality that never ceases to exist. That’s why most of us even experienced riders only ride fully geared up.

16” vs 18”. Lowering the pedal sensitivity on the V11 does help a bit though. Worth a try maybe?

👍

I am a rusher in everything. I agree, not smart, not healthy, and it's dangerous. But since I am good with skiing and rollerblading, I was anticipating it would be way faster to get it going; well, not so, it just keeps sinking right at the start when I put my two feet on, and it feels like there is 4-5 seconds before the power kicks in to get me going so I can start balancing on the wheel. At one point, in order to lean the wheel forward so it can start accelerating faster I started to adjust my foot position: I put my feet a bit forward so that my toes are sticking slightly ahead of the pedals. I need power boost right away within the second when I put my feet on it. Will pump more tire pressure to try resolving this issue.

I was on the small roads today that have 25 mph speed limit, but as expected I'm not comfortable with the cars behind me, and when I try to go on the sidewalks they are too narrow and I get freaked out even more. It was my first time with a backpack too; the backpack throws off the balance as expected, so the idea that one day I will take this thing for grocery shopping is totally evaporating. I rode several miles on the road to the swimming pool. So, not only the swimming worked out my legs, but when I was riding back, my calves started to feel almost to the point of cramping and I couldn't relax them while riding... not good.

I have two helmets right now, but I'm afraid to put them on yet because they're so heavy and that will again throw off my balance. Second day and so far not enjoying it. I'll give it a try for maybe several more weeks to see if I'll retain my interest in riding.

Also, yesterday I was disappointed that the user has to deal with the correct setup of the wheel. I think the manufacturer should at least do the preliminary setup according to the weight of the buyer, because some people like me are totally not mechanically inclined. I also got a pump with a pressure gauge reader that didn't work for the tire, and I still don't know why; so I had to use my neighbors tire pressure gauge reader to see what's the pressure of my tire. Since I'm totally not mechanically inclined I'm not sure I did a good job on the pressure setting for the suspension too. The pressure gauge reader for the suspension did work, but not for the tire... go figure.

Edited by jmsjms

10 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Did you not do any research before buying it? Learning to ride is a process, you need to learn basic things, develop muscle memory, finetune your legmuscles, you should google and practice certain things step-by-step to get a solid basis.

Yes I did research Rawnei.

On 12/5/2020 at 6:22 AM, Rawnei said:

So I received my V11 (Batch 2) less than 2 weeks ago, ridden it a few times in which it was great but now it sounds like this:

It's really really loud, bad bearings? 😔 The joy was short lived, contacted my reseller.

Oh man! That freaking sucks! I'm sorry to hear that. Just got on mine yesterday, and it is from batch 3.