WaveCut

12 minutes ago, evX_Mick said:

utterly dumb of them not to mention that extra feature.

Wow, I couldn't have timed that post any better. Someone before mentioned putting a negative pressure of 50 psi. I'd love to hear what the negative pressure currently is (for the comparison video) and what you think of the suspension after adjusting the negative pressure. (Still a great comparison video, thanks for sharing)

• Like 1

What struck me most is the clear demonstration of the respective abilities to handle aggressive braking. I've been closely following these two wheels and had an inkling that Inmotion's in house motor would be more powerful, but that really hammered the point home.

Great review comparing the two Mickey!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, FullTilt said:

What struck me most is the clear demonstration of the respective abilities to handle aggressive braking. I've been closely following these two wheels and had an inkling that Inmotion's in house motor would be more powerful, but that really hammered the point home.

Great review comparing the two Mickey!

they are so proud of their motor that their name is engraved all over it. haha

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mark Wilson said:

You have a point. But almost all the reviews and comparisons between the S18 and the V11 said the the V11 didn't handle the small bumps well and that the S18 felt better in this regard. This, as I understand it, is what the negative chamber does. It provides a supple and softer feel to the beginning of the stroke (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Seems like a big mistake by Inmotion to not tell reviewers how to properly setup the new flagship feature of the wheel.

To be fair, noone was sure what settings to use on the s18 for first demo trials as well. I think the sprung vs unsprung weight is an unavoidable difference. I'm sure that proper pressure settings will help, but the design is the design. The smaller bumps arent so small, when you calculate the weight of the wheel too. With settings it can be dialed in, but nothing is going to fix the fundamental differences between sprung and unsprung in the 2 models. :)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, evX_Mick said:

they are so proud of their motor that their name is engraved all over it. haha

Maybe they should get into the motor supplier business and start creating bespoke 100V motors for KS, Gotway, and Sherman :innocent1:

Jokes aside, awesome comparison vid - beginning shots with the marker + cardboard reminded me of another certain famous NYC YouTuber - maybe one day! You kind of struck a certain chord with the emphasis on stopping power, though. It's not the most sexy stat when it comes to the circlejerk of "moar speed, moar range", but at the end of the day, being able to stop quickly and controllably is one of the most important and under appreciated responsibilities of anything that can go that quickly. 

Definitely a bit concerning with how the V11 suspension handles "ripple" imperfections in the road, it just doesn't seem like the suspension is as responsive without a fine tunable negative chamber making sure the wheel has appropriate rebound speed. Judging from the slow-mo footage, the jostling effect on the V11 seems to be because by the time the suspension decides to rebound, the slight delay means that it rebounds into the apex of the next bump, rather than, say the S18's suspension allowing the wheel to follow the contours of individual "ripples" closely. Maybe this can be resolved with the fresh discovery of the under-saddle valve, but only time will tell.

Either way, incredible vid, especially liked the drone fishing stunt at the end hah, can't believe that worked!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Wilson said:

This, as I understand it, is what the negative chamber does. It provides a supple and softer feel to the beginning of the stroke (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Seems like a big mistake by Inmotion to not tell reviewers how to properly setup the new flagship feature of the wheel.

You are right. More info here:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mtb+dual+chamber+fork+set+up

2 minutes ago, Jpd said:

After seeing all these reviews and comparison videos, I fully expected the v11to suck off-road. 
i rode 30 miles off-road with some very bumpy/washboardy?roads and trails, and my opinion is that this  is where this wheel shines,off-road. 

On the other hand,I don’t really see much need for suspension on normal road/pavement conditions. The v11 could be released as a wheel without suspension and be an amazing wheel, probably the best I’ve ever ridden. 
im looking forward to a real off road (Marty) review (grass does not count as off-road)😁

Chooch should be getting his hands on the (preproduction?) V11 soon. He is probably my favorite off-road EUC reviewer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mark Wilson said:

Chooch should be getting his hands on the (preproduction?) V11 soon. He is probably my favorite off-road EUC reviewer.

Yeah,he’s one of the best off-road riders we have! I think he might be bummed about jumping though, that’s one thing the v11 doesn’t do good.

26 minutes ago, Jpd said:

After seeing all these reviews and comparison videos, I fully expected the v11to suck off-road. 
i rode 30 miles off-road with some very bumpy/washboardy?roads and trails, and my opinion is that this  is where this wheel shines,off-road. 

On the other hand,I don’t really see much need for suspension on normal road/pavement conditions. The v11 could be released as a wheel without suspension and be an amazing wheel, probably the best I’ve ever ridden. 
im looking forward to a real off road (Marty) review (grass does not count as off-road)😁

And is it right that you did 30 miles and 60% battery left

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

@Jpd how do you find the new pedal angle? Any discomfort or foot fatigue?

I didn’t notice any. It’s just a small angle probably close to the Nikola and 16x.

Just now, VizioN-Scope said:

Will be great to see the real V11 production model. Lets see how Duf likes it and the new pedal height?

2 minutes ago, VizioN-Scope said:

lol i was just about to post this. you beat me by 20sec hehe

I love searching for new wheel stuff 😁

• Like 2

1 minute ago, prasket said:

Nice, re duf.
Mine is out for delivery. :) Soo exciting might have to cut out of work early as it’s nice and sunny today here. 

Yeah get out of work there's more important stuff 😁

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jpd said:

Thanks for the video.  What kind of  pump is that you're using?  I've been getting by on all my uni's with a bicycle pump that has a t-connector fitting both schrader and presta valves, but its never worked great and I think I'm going to need something more precise when my V11 arrives.  Thanks!  Happy to have pump recommendations from others also.

Edited by JBinBalt