Ninebot P

Paulandjacquelyn

Still happily riding my P together with some other newer wheels. The P works just like the first day, no issues or motherboard problems. It must have around 4000km and even with rough usage it performs flawlessly.

• Like 2

I did a lot of reading on this about a month ago. From what I can remember, here's a summary:

(no original P's btw, only firmware updated P's from C+/E/E+ by a Russian user on this forum, commercial section)

1) 20 bucks to upgrade an e+ to a P.  You used to have to mod the board soldering something or other, now the firmware upgrade can get done with Bluetooth.

2) speed goes from a max of 13-14mph to 18-20mph on the e+, and only works well if you add some more juice in parallel.

3) it was theorized by some that P's might have died because an 800w motor together with a 340wh battery was not a good combo. From those people who upgraded their batteries from that German company or DIY to about 700wh or more didn't seem to report as many, if even any issues. (only remember seeing e+ to P users doing this, but I can't see why OG P users wouldn't experience similar satisfaction from having more juice)

4) control boards of P and e+ were mostly the same, but I think at least one board only seen on the P did not fare well. (not sure if that board would have fared better with more available juice)

5) if you upgrade an e+ to p without upgrading the battery as well at least to around 700wh, you could risk frying your board....otherwise the e+ isn't reportedly a whole lot different on P firmware without the battery upgrade besides a higher speed in ideal conditions.

Bottom line, if I were a P user I'd check and see if there was info on my specific board before riding hard, and at least for me, I wouldn't ride hard at all if I didn't upgrade my battery. :-)  

Damarafaka is one of the few original P users who seem to have done well in the original P wheel. Or as usual you see the people that have problems on sites like this, and the satisfied users tend to not post as much.  That being said, it still looks like a lot of boards got fried.

I have 2 e+s I plan to change to P's soon.  I want to first parallel the 2 320 batteries (find a way to securely mount the spare wheel's battery externally) to see how well my e+ likes being a P.  If it goes well I'll upgrade the 2nd wheel two and either build or buy extra packs for both wheels to bring them both up to ~700ah+.  I love the idea that you can pretty easily swap packs with a minor mod to one or both side panels -- so few wheels have easily swappable packs!  (Yeah the 9bots are pretty ancient tech by today's standards but they do have that one advantage)

Michael

• Like 3