Jump to content
EMA

Monster v3 oscillation at high speed

Recommended Posts

i have a weird oscillation at high speed with a monster v3, it's something noticeable at 45-50km/h, you can easy feel it on pedals while riding at so high speed.

going around 40km/h feels completely normal, so quite, so smooth ecc like a monster....if you ride it you know what i'm talking about ;)

at the beginning i was thinking it was the tyre, with the stock one the wobble was high and you can feel it even at lower speed like 40km/h, i changed it, feel a lot better but still noticeable.

this is how the wheel spin, you can see and hear the oscillation when going at high speed:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2a0lpms1vfi7av0/monster3.mp4?dl=0

[ i've a good experience on many different wheel, have an msx too and no one has this kind of behaviour ]

could be the motor+ring unbalanced ? 

the board ?

any clue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s common to have the tire offset a bit from the factory, but the shake on your Monster is so violent that the actual motor really might be the issue.

Could you try and shoot a video where you aim at the rim of the tire, and rotate the tire by hand? A problematic offset should be visible that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

It’s common to have the tire offset a bit from the factory, but the shake on your Monster is so violent that the actual motor really might be the issue.

Could you try and shoot a video where you aim at the rim of the tire, and rotate the tire by hand? A problematic offset should be visible that way.

i'll try to record something like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like I have something similar to this. however my would run fine on perfectly smooth pavement, but when I hit even just a small bump I would get this sort of up and down oscillation. I am going to try and see if I can get it on video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hsiang said:

I feel like I have something similar to this. however my would run fine on perfectly smooth pavement, but when I hit even just a small bump I would get this sort of up and down oscillation. I am going to try and see if I can get it on video.

for me it's not something related to pavement, it's related to speed. Friends watching the wheel during ride says that even at 20 the "tyre moves". i really should make a video on that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got a monster and I have experienced a minor speed wobble. It's weird. Really low frequency and amplitude compared with my other smaller wheel. It could be me I don't know. Only just got it. Wheel and tyre seem to be really straight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Goonman said:

I just got a monster and I have experienced a minor speed wobble. It's weird. Really low frequency and amplitude compared with my other smaller wheel. It could be me I don't know. Only just got it. Wheel and tyre seem to be really straight.

try a free spin and see what happens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...