[1860Wh MSX Warning - Oscillation!] Gotway Repeats The MSuper V3s+ Debacle of 2017

13 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

And how does it feel? In terms of stability it should ride just like your ACM.

Are you experiencing any of the back-and-forth waviness that's being talked about here? 

Hi Marty,

Like you said , it ride like my ACM2, did not experience the back and forth waviness when going forward, very easy go up to 47+ km/h in my day two yesterday, I usually ride my ACM2 only to 43-45 km/h. Should I worry about my MSX? Is it safe to ride?

Peter Q

• Like 1

Unless the control board is literally flopping around inside the clam shell, or only secured by one loose screw, I wouldn't put money on loose control board. Especially given the relatively slow oscillation.

@Peter QIt's hard to say if it's safe until it's accurately root caused.  If I understood @Nick McCutcheona few posts back correctly, unplugging the piezo didn't help.

Edited by xorbe
  • Like 3

wow that video looks exactly like what my ks18xl 2200W motor was doing... that sucks I feel bad for the people who ordered this new one, and for Jason

Hi Marty,

My MSX also set in Hard mode but felt like the axle nuts is not tight like you said when I first start ride it, not like my ACM2. 

This Friday, I will be ride south from Pico Rivera Golf Club on San Gabriel river bike path pass Downey, maybe if you have time to check out my MSX, if it ride like Mark and Nick' MSXs?

Peter Q

• Like 2

Does Gotway really make these wheels and sell them without ever testing them at all?

The cost of these wheels is pretty high, the idea you can't even expect the minimum of competence or QA is quite disturbing. If it weren't for ewheels, we'd be screwed.

I hope to god no one gets hurt or thrown into traffic. I suppose Gotway are immune from culpability being in China & all.

Maybe a US manufacturer could flip the script make some bootlegged wheels!^_^

Edited by Hatchet
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Peter Q said:

Hi Marty,

My MSX also set in Hard mode but felt like the axle nuts is not tight like you said when I first start ride it, not like my ACM2. 

This Friday, I will be ride south from Pico Rivera Golf Club on San Gabriel river bike path pass Downey, maybe if you have time to check out my MSX, if it ride like Mark and Nick' MSXs?

Peter Q

Yes. PM me and I can meet you and test your wheel and definitively tell you whether yours exhibits any of the symptoms.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FreeRide said:

OK, but maybe the board vibration is just much smaller in this case.  You're probably right though since you observed it directly.

I have a lot of experience riding many varieties of wheels, and broken wheels. This is not a board vibration issue.

• Like 1

I’m not sure the issue impacts all of the 1860 100v msx’s.  I am roughly 180 miles in with no issues. Rear ring led works just fine.  I also have a KS16x and the msx is WAY more stable.  There is no way I would ride the wheel in the same condition as the videos posted.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Darrell Wesh said:

Wow, so two weeks ago a friend of a friend bought the new 1860 100v MSX and I met up to try it, hopped on and immediately noticed the back and forth oscillation. I Immediately thought it was a controller issue but asked if he had it in soft mode and booted up the app and saw it was in hard mode. Did a calibration and it was a little better but still oscillating and not hard like my old 84v MSX. Told him something was wrong with it and I would return it if I were him.

Apparently the crazy dudes been going 40mph on it like that 😱 (his first real wheel (trained on an inmotion) so he had no idea something was wrong) 

So funny. This is what I suspect. People are riding these wheels not knowing that they have a lemon.

I hope you get a chance to tell him that he needs to get it fixed.

Thanks for the report :thumbup:

@Jason McNeil

• Like 3

Just went on 10 mile run.  Still not noticing any forward/back oscillations and I was looking for it.  Pedals are much stiffer than my 16x.  Also, when riding at night wouldn’t your light be bouncing up and down?

I admit I’m not super experienced on euc, but i rode onewheels prior and the self balancing is the same.

(Just a funny observation, seems like a bunch of rookies bought 40mph 100v msx’s)

15 minutes ago, Mirkus said:

(Just a funny observation, seems like a bunch of rookies bought 40mph 100v msx’s)

Yeah, are you including yourself as one of those rookies? :lol:

Also, issues confirmed by some of the most experienced in the sport. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ZenRyder said:

Yeah, are you including yourself as one of those rookies? :lol:

:thumbup: yup including myself.  I don’t feel any oscillations and would think I would notice but who the heck knows.  I only have ~ 400 miles on  euc (rookie status).  I’ll have to let someone more experienced than myself give my msx a spin.

• Like 2

I am not sure if there is a map of everyone’s location, but that would be a great idea so we could find an expert or a mentor close! That would be super helpful on issues like this.

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:popcorn:  Just curious - does this unusual pitching motion occur in medium and soft mode as well?  Have the wheels been calibrated level?

I haven't tried recently, but I believe yes it does. I rode in medium mode until that one ride with Marty, where I switched to hard. It always felt slightly weird out of the box (I immediately calibrated it before even riding for the first time) but I could never put my finger on it until the ride. Hard mode makes the issue more noticeable I think. 

• Like 1