Jump to content
Patton250

KS app and the KS18XL

Recommended Posts

I can connect my KS18XL to the KS app on the iPhone ONLY not my Samsung and of course wheellog on my Samsung. However even connected on my Apple KS app I cannot go into the speed settings to adjust the speed higher. What the heck is going on with this stupid app? It’s pathetic enough it doesn’t work at all on the Samsung android device but even in a working app on iOS I can’t access one of the most important adjustments. Please help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it works perfectly on my samsung s9 and s10... but you have to get it from here if you have the play store version uninstall it and install that one.. yes the app is shit and crashes all the time but it works currently.. i suggest if it works for you, you never touch it or update it lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Patton250 said:

I can connect my KS18XL to the KS app on the iPhone ONLY not my Samsung and of course wheellog on my Samsung. However even connected on my Apple KS app I cannot go into the speed settings to adjust the speed higher. What the heck is going on with this stupid app? It’s pathetic enough it doesn’t work at all on the Samsung android device but even in a working app on iOS I can’t access one of the most important adjustments. Please help. 

Have you registered and signed in? Check if this version works on your Samsung:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/i03ccdogqpeu5r3/Kingsong_3.1.8.apk?dl=0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't speak for iOS, but in case using your Samsung is still an option, but I had issues with the Play store-installed KS app + Android 10 (I hit this early since I was using 10 Beta on my Pixel). It would just crash immediately when opened. I had to uninstall the play store version and download the APK directly from kingsong.com. It still crashes periodically in the background, but at least I could get it open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, brockj said:

Can't speak for iOS, but in case using your Samsung is still an option, but I had issues with the Play store-installed KS app + Android 10 (I hit this early since I was using 10 Beta on my Pixel). It would just crash immediately when opened. I had to uninstall the play store version and download the APK directly from kingsong.com. It still crashes periodically in the background, but at least I could get it open.

Yeah, that seemed to be a pretty wide-spread issue with the latest KS app, so it's worth downloading an older version (the one linked above, which was graciously shared in another thread by @The Fat Unicyclist, works perfectly for me)

@Patton250 any progress?

BTW, if you've already unlocked the wheel's top speed with the KS app in the past, you can change tiltback speed using EUC World or WheelLog ;)  The only things tyou can't do are calibrate the wheel & trolley handle, and change the LED modes

Edited by travsformation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, travsformation said:

Yeah, that seemed to be a pretty wide-spread issue with the latest KS app, so it's worth downloading an older version +

@Patton250 any progress?

BTW, if you've already unlocked the wheel's top speed with the KS app in the past, you can change tiltback speed using EUC World or WheelLog ;)  The only things tyou can't do are calibrate the wheel & trolley handle, and change the LED modes

Unfortunately by the time I started reading answers to my question I already hit the road for the week. It’s a short week though so I’ll be home Wednesday afternoon and I will do it then. I’m looking forward to getting some nice riding time in this weekend. I really appreciate everyone’s help. As always this forum is awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2019 at 11:39 AM, Patton250 said:

Unfortunately by the time I started reading answers to my question I already hit the road for the week. It’s a short week though so I’ll be home Wednesday afternoon and I will do it then. I’m looking forward to getting some nice riding time in this weekend. I really appreciate everyone’s help. As always this forum is awesome.

Hope you don't miss your wheel too much! But she'll be waiting for you when you come home! ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...