Switch from iPhone to Android *JUST* to get Wheelog?

Blicky Te⚡️la

I am beyond bummed/disappointed by the functionality of the King Song app and Darknessbot. I event went so far as to pay $8 for premium Darknessbot in the hopes for more consistency. The dev has been...kind of responsive, but no real solutions. 

I know have over 500 miles on my wheel and can literally count on one hand how many of those trips were accompanied by either app.

Now that my contract is nearly up am I being crazy that I’m tempted to switch to Droid seeing as Wheellog seems to be much more consistent? 

• Like 1

There's no need to "switch" just because of one app - just buy a cheap no-contract Android phone (such as Moto e5 for $30, see my thread about slick deals) and use it as a cellular-less smartdevice. Moreover, there's no need to login with Google account to install apps from Google Play store - most apps can be sideloaded from sites like apkpure.com, etc.

I have a bunch of cheap Android phones (mostly bought on Black Fridays for dirt cheap) for various specific tasks. (for example, I have a dedicated phone just for drone flying; and another just for car navigation)

Edited by Aneta
  • Like 2