Aneta

Slick deals for EUC-related stuff

As Black Friday is approaching, let's share the insane deals we can find on anything useful for EUC riding.

I just picked up this Moto e5 phone for only 30 bucks at Best Buy:

https://slickdeals.net/f/13528789-at-t-prepaid-motorola-moto-e5-play-with-16gb-memory-prepaid-cell-phone-29-99

I use it for running WheelLog and navigation while riding. It's easy to accidentally drop the phone while riding; you don't want to risk your expensive $1K flagship phone just to check something in WheelLog or on the map. In fact, I bought this e5 to replace my e4 (bought last BF for the same 30 bucks) which fell from the table and cracked the screen.

It's a fantastic general-use device, and it has a replaceable battery! (spare batteries are cheap, too)

Just take the AT&T SIM out before you turn it on for the first time, and skip all steps related to cellular service. Voila! A cheap WiFi-only smartphone!

Share the killer deals you find! Phones, cameras, flashlights, safety gear, clothing, etc.

Edited by Aneta

If we were looking to have a Black Friday sale at Roll.nz, what would people like to see?

I'm thinking a couple of EUC discounts would be appreciated by New Zealand riders. But then could / should we offer anything for our global customers too???

Sorry to hijack your thread so early on @Aneta, but you presented the perfect opportunity for us to be guided by some feedback...

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist

Good idea, BTW tomorrow there are some deals on the Chinese / Russian sites as 11/11 promo's.

(Albeit that some prices don't drop that much :-P )

In the past there haven't been many noteworthy deals on EUCs or EUC-specific accessories, but you could find deals on non-EUC-specific accessories--tire gauges/pumps, flashlights, safety lights/reflective gear, general protective gear (helmets, guards, pads, etc), etc.

Brand new iPhone SE for 60 bucks? Nothing is impossible:

https://slickdeals.net/f/13544038-32gb-simple-mobile-apple-iphone-se-prepaid-smartphone-silver-60-free-shipping

It's been discontinued, but it can run the latest iOS 13. Can be used for iOS development without breaking a bank, includes free 1 year of Apple TV service, and can run those EUC apps that are only available for iOS (for those riders who are mostly on Android). (For example, Rockwheel app is only for iOS.) Can be used as just a general WiFi device. Takes 4K/30 video.

The deal is sold out, but it seems that sometimes it reappears at Best Buy. Keep refreshing, you may get lucky. (I did.)

Edited by Aneta

Loved Moto E5 so much that grabbed another one for 30 bucks (the deal is on again). Will use it solely for EUC riding (Wheellog + Pebble, navigation).

Black Friday / Cyber Monday Weekend - Amazon (.de) offers the ticwatch Pro for 152 EUR.
Have a look for those that wanna get EUC World compatible watch.

Just bought this little gem: LG Phoenix 4, twenty dollars at Best Buy (in store only):

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/at-t-prepaid-lg-phoenix-4-with-16gb-memory-prepaid-cell-phone-titan-black/6292036.p?skuId=6292036

Unbelievable. Probably, the cheapest phone to run Wheellog or EUC World, and manufacturer's app. Bright sharp screen, very snappy, Android 8.1, very comfortable to hold, SD card slot, replaceable battery (!). Going to grab another one, it's so dirt cheap! $100 for 4 fantastic phones (2x Moto E5 Play $30/ea., 2x LG Phoenix 4 $20/ea.) And every single one serves a useful purpose.