Will the 18(X)L Firmware update bug ever be fixed?

null

Question for @Micheal Shen or anyone close to KingSong development.

It's been months now since the 18(X)L 1.13 firmware is public, and a whole lot of people (including me) can't update. (latest iOS app 1.3; the update menu just dont react) This is aparently the case for both Android and iOS.

Will this bug be fixed some day or is there anything that can be done? 
Are our wheels just stuck forever with a mushy firmware?

Thank you for any help.

Edited by null
  • Like 1

it's not the case for ANDROID ....
I was able to update my 18XL using an android phone (SM-G920F)
However, I have to admit was a not pleasant experience...:mellow:

Why ?
because I have to restart KS application, bluetooth connection, and my wheel until installed successfully.
I that time I consider it very dangerous procedure...but I don't know how will be from 1.13 to .14 or 15...etc.

• Like 1

I tried with a different iOS device, different system version, with and without VPN, according to the updated FW 1.12 is the latest version.

Its been 6 months since 1.13 is out now, and I still can’t install it. Seriously, for high price (2500€ in France) the devices are sold, the software utterly suck. When you pull such stunts as geo-locking to keep prices high you should at least provide functional software.

Edited by null
  • Like 1

Tried with yet an other iOS device, iPad this time, still doesn’t work.

Edit: tried 2 more iPhones with different OS versions, so 5 total, the app never will update it, 1.12 is claimed to be the latest.

Its been a half year now, and it’s still so bugged you can’t update at all.

Did anyone, ever, update their 18XL to FW 1.13 using the iOS app???

Edited by null

On 11/16/2019 at 1:54 AM, Micheal Shen said:

Firmware V1.14 is on the way.
We have closed FW1.13 upgrade in Kingsong APP server, that's why everyone can't upgrade firmware to V1.13.

Sorry for the inconvenience about upgrading! 

Thank you for the reply, this is great news. Sorry I was getting a bit desperate, but riding in the city the extra reactivity is good for safety.

It is good to know it is being worked on, and not just abandonned.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

Edited by null

I asked ewheels about this and apparently 1.13 has some motor control bugs, so KS removed it. I tried with my Pixel and iPad. It doesn't matter what platform your mobile device is.

Looking forward to 1.14. Here's hoping it gives my 18xl the acceleration improvements Ive only heard about that were in 1.13 before it was pulled!

Edited by brockj
Typo
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2019 at 7:54 PM, Micheal Shen said:

Firmware V1.14 is on the way.
We have closed FW1.13 upgrade in Kingsong APP server, that's why everyone can't upgrade firmware to V1.13.

Sorry for the inconvenience about upgrading! 

Thank you so very much for this answer! I too have an 18L running on 1.03 FW and show the exact issue null has described. This answer leaves me much less frustrated than I was. If 1.13 was pulled because of an error, I completely agree with it. I was just hoping i could get something newer than the 1.03 I have, but the more I read, the more I wonder if an update is worth the risk to an already functioning wheel. At any rate, please keep us posted to FW realeases and upadtes.