100v 1860wh MSX vs 18xl

FlyboyEUC

So I've had the 100v MSX 1230wh and the 18xl together for 2 months now. I must say the MSX has made the 18XL less enjoyable to ride. Understand that my riding style is much like that of New York riders but I never weave or run lights (no offense). My cruising speed is 35 mph on the MSX and 31 on the XL.

I had planned on keeping both wheels because the XL was going to be my long range cruiser and the MSX, my sprinter. But how that the 1860wh MSX is here I find myself debating on selling both my wheels and getting the 1860 wh MSX. The 1860wh should have comparable range to the XL with my 150lb riding weight right?

I will also say that lately I've been hitting the overlean triple beeps when I accelerate on the XL. I really love the commodities of the Kingsong wheels and it breaks my heart to think of parting with it. But hearing those rapid beeps is concerning. Do I just need to cut back on the gas so to speak? Has anyone else heard the overlean beeps while accelerating on the XL? @Kuji Rolls what about during your acceleration tests with both wheels? 

Having 2 fast wheels has been nice because I can work on one and ride the other since I am a commuter. 

Feedback? Should I just enjoy what I have a wait until the 2000wh 126v MSX comes out next summer? ;)

• Like 1

What about Monster?  First time I saw them were in the Marty's tour.  If you're nimble like Ozzy which you are the limbo champ. It might be the best option for you... :cheers:

47 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

Has anyone else heard the overlean beeps while accelerating on the XL?

I got it once recently. I was at low speed and leaned a little too much apparently. I'd been riding the Monster, and that wheel you have to lean it like you mean it!

The Monster is an interesting wheel. If you like to go fast, you really can't beat the stability. But maybe the 100V MSX with a big battery is the best combination of torque and stability? Nikola+ is also a great wheel. An embarrassment of riches makes for tough choices.  :P

• Like 1

There's always something better on the horizon...

But if you wait, you'll always be waiting for the next best thing.  Based on your riding style I'd say go for the 1860 wh MSX, shipping now :)  This would also be my wheel of choice.  

The last info on 126V was that Gotway couldn't get 126V to work (see the 126V Nikola thread). So don't expect anything on this front.

The Tesla successor is probably the next wheel coming from GW. So I don't know if an MSX successor can be expected in 2020. And why change a top selling wheel?

So either you replace your 18 inchers with a 1845Wh MSX, or you keep your wheels and wait for a possible 1800Wh MSX with 21700 cells. I wouldn't expect anything else in the next ~6 months.

(Always happy if GW proves me wrong here;))

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 4:20 AM, Flyboy10 said:

So I've had the 100v MSX 1230wh and the 18xl together for 2 months now. I must say the MSX has made the 18XL less enjoyable to ride. Understand that my riding style is much like that of New York riders but I never weave or run lights (no offense). My cruising speed is 35 mph on the MSX and 31 on the XL.

I had planned on keeping both wheels because the XL was going to be my long range cruiser and the MSX, my sprinter. But how that the 1860wh MSX is here I find myself debating on selling both my wheels and getting the 1860 wh MSX. The 1860wh should have comparable range to the XL with my 150lb riding weight right?

I will also say that lately I've been hitting the overlean triple beeps when I accelerate on the XL. I really love the commodities of the Kingsong wheels and it breaks my heart to think of parting with it. But hearing those rapid beeps is concerning. Do I just need to cut back on the gas so to speak? Has anyone else heard the overlean beeps while accelerating on the XL? @Kuji Rolls what about during your acceleration tests with both wheels? 

Having 2 fast wheels has been nice because I can work on one and ride the other since I am a commuter. 

Feedback? Should I just enjoy what I have a wait until the 2000wh 126v MSX comes out next summer? ;)

Yeah we just go fast and faster.
I like the MSX and 18XL for different reasons. The 100v 1845Wh is an end game wheel. Loomo Store / Ali Express has a 100v 2200Wh MSX with 21700 cells. Quite a juicy price tag and I imagine buying from eWheels would feel safer.

The problem with having 2 wheels is that we always want what the other wheel has.
At your weight you the 1845Wh should match the 18XL. Minus the range reduction for higher speed.
What kind of range are you getting on the 1230? I imagine it dips down quite quickly also because of the 24s4p battery configuration.

The nice thing about having two wheels is that one can charge while the other is being used.
Then you swap and do it all over again.

18XL has a nice free feel to it. I would be tempted to mod the pedals for some more dihedral though.
MSX has a more locked in feel to it. Very fast and sturdy.

Take your MSX to the BMX Moto Park! You did some nice flying there with the 18XL. :cheers:

• Like 2