Hands in pocket or out of pocket?

Blicky Te⚡️la

10 hours ago, atdlzpae said:

I don't like that method. Always use all help you can, you'll learn handless riding in a 1000km anyway.

It's like all those silly "Learn to type on keyboard without looking" courses. Just keep looking at the keyboard, and one day you'll realize that you don't look at it anymore. :)

thats true, but these people are mainly my friends who dont own and will probably never own an EUC.. they will probably never put 1000 km on one lol and almost every time they step on theyre very rusty

2 hours ago, Rywokast said:

thats true, but these people are mainly my friends who dont own and will probably never own an EUC.. they will probably never put 1000 km on one lol and almost every time they step on theyre very rusty

Then it's even more irresponsible to make them ride handless. :) Not only do hands help in balance, but noobs have a bigger chance of faceplanting due to inexperience and they need to be ready.

I think it's best to inspire noobs with advanced techniques, but it's not a good idea to force them on them. :D

Edited by atdlzpae
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, atdlzpae said:

Then it's even more irresponsible to make them ride handless. :) Not only do hands help in balance, but noobs have a bigger chance of faceplanting due to inexperience and they need to be ready.

I think it's best to inspire noobs with advanced techniques, but it's not a good idea to force them on them. :D

i dont hold them at gunpoint lol, they can do whatever they want, but i tell them its bad form to look like a tight rope walker xD we usually dont go at speeds that they cant run off.. 25 kph usually.. an in shape young adult should be able to run 30 kph, but i truly dont believe that having your hands in pockets would increase your chance of faceplanting, your hands would be out and at the ready before you even came off the wheel just from biological instinct, while learning myself i must have come off the wheel 15 times and never once has anything but my shoes touched the pavement, were not talking 80 year olds who have the reaction time of snails.. they know the risks, they wear gear, and they can choose to do whatever is comfortable i merely make a strong suggestion so they dont form a habit

Edited by Rywokast

32 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

but i tell them its bad form to look like a tight rope walker
they can choose to do whatever is comfortable i merely make a strong suggestion so they dont form a habit

And I'd tell them: Child, keep your hands out, you're not ready. :) Even if I showed off myself.
The role of a parent is to keep your children safe. By encouraging dangerous (for them) behavior, you're still doing them a disservice. Especially since you're the authority figure.

Running off is also a skill. I can run 25km/h, but I can't run off > 15km/h. Unless you've seen them in action, you may be overestimating their capabilities.

Edited by atdlzpae
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, atdlzpae said:

And I'd tell them: Child, keep your hands out, you're not ready. :) Even if I showed off myself.
The role of a parent is to keep your children safe. By encouraging dangerous (for them) behavior, you're still doing them a disservice. Especially since you're the authority figure.

Running off is also a skill. I can run 25km/h, but I can't run off > 15km/h. Unless you've seen them in action, you may be overestimating their capabilities.

hmmm, im not a parent..? any adult can make any decision they like and know the consequences or risks im not responsible for anyone elses actions lol.. like i said most of the time they opt to have their hands out after initially learning but at least theyre not waving them around.. whether they choose to take my advice or not  is totally up to them and like i also said earlier i do not advise having your hands in your pockets.. i merely use it as a way to get people out of the habit of trying to use their arms to balance while initially learning, so far no one has been hurt or fallen in any way and they all learned to ride within a half hour

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

hmmm, im not a parent..? any adult can make any decision they like and know the consequences or risks im not responsible for anyone elses actions

You're an authority. You look like an authority if full gear. People follow authority, even to their own demise. Google "Milgram Experiment".
As long as people follow you, you are responsible for them. Not legally, but morally.

Try it for fun once! Tell people that waving hands above their head helps to keep balance and they will do it. :P

31 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

i do not advise having your hands in your pockets
so far no one has been hurt or fallen in any way and they all learned to ride within a half hour

I'm gonna shut up. You know what you're doing. We spent too much time on a very minor thing. :)

Edited by atdlzpae
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, atdlzpae said:

You're an authority. You look like an authority if full gear. People follow authority, even to their own demise. Google "Milgram Experiment".
As long as people follow you, you are responsible for them. Not legally, but morally.

Try it for fun once! Tell people that waving hands above their head helps to keep balance and they will do it. :P

I'm gonna shut up. You know what you're doing. We spent too much time on a very minor thing. :)

perhaps, if i wore gear.. i dont wear any gear, ever. im possible the worst example of what to do... all black, no lights, headphones in, no gear, hands in pockets.. lol, dont do what i do xD i shall try that some time haha