KS18XL 2200W motor

Cuba Gonzalez

29 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

my only complaint is since the new firmware the pedals are now quite flimsy, like if i just grab the wheel and rock it back and forth it sways, very noticeable when riding at slow speeds too and cornering..

Maybe changing the firmware reset the pedal hardness setting? Did you try setting/resetting pedal hardness in the app?

1 minute ago, AtlasP said:

Maybe changing the firmware reset the pedal hardness setting? Did you try setting/resetting pedal hardness in the app?

yea, they all feel horribly mushy

37 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

yea, they all feel horribly mushy

And you're sure the setting is 'taking'? You *can* feel a difference in the settings from one to the next, just the hardest one still isn't hard enough?

If so that's weird, I never felt any mushiness/certainly not anything approaching "horribly mushy" on the new 2200W one I tried. Pedals felt very solid to me in a very King Song way. Wonder if due to something weird with the upgrade vs new, or if there's something with your wheel in particular.

Edited by AtlasP

21 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

And you're sure the setting is 'taking'? You *can* feel a difference in the settings, just the hardest one still isn't hard enough?

If so that's weird, I never felt any mushiness/certainly not anything approaching "horribly mushy" on the new 2200W one I tried. Pedals felt very solid to me in a very King Song way. Wonder if due to something weird with the upgrade vs new, or if there's something with your wheel in particular.

oh yes they are 100% taking, i do it while im on it and i can feel them adjust.. but they all feel like im out in the open ocean lmao.... i dont like it, im going to try re-doing the fw and see if it makes any difference.. im used to riding hard mode on every wheel where the pedals dont move at all, even my weakest wheel the inmotion v5 i cant rock the pedals if you paid me

• Like 2

went back to 1.13 and the pedals are normal, solid no rocking.. it still does oscillate while riding though.. re did the LH update and they are rocky again... not sure whats going on

Edited by Rywokast

26 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

went back to 1.13 and the pedals are normal, solid no rocking.. re did the LH update and they are rocky... not sure whats going on

Perhaps some minor differences/quirks between the old controller and the new one (for example the sensors) causing the same firmware to perform differently on the two?

2 hours ago, AtlasP said:

Perhaps some minor differences/quirks between the old controller and the new one (for example the sensors) causing the same firmware to perform differently on the two?

not too sure, though of course with the official V2 vehicle having the 1.5 board something must have changed... i actually put the old motor back in, that oscillation was starting to freak me out heh.. quite unnerving when its constantly jittery, i must say riding them both back to back at least with my particular model i much prefer the original motor, the power delivery is much smoother and the ride is more pleasant, no rocking or jittering whatsoever 

• Like 1

well anybody want to buy a motor lol.. 125 USD shipped, brand new tire/tube included (around 50 kms ridden) CYT H-5102

20191126_171229.jpg

22 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

You gave up???

yup put back in the old one.. i love how it rides and never had any problem with it anyways, seems this motor does not like my KS18 lol, or maybe something to do with the firmware and my board i have no idea, but i use my XL almost every day and i dont want to wait around and problem solve

• Like 2

Thanks for all of your research @Rywokast.

It would appear that King Song have prematurely released the upgrade without properly testing the new firmware and motor with the old control board.

I'm tempted to purchase your 2200W motor, but King Song's recent record for firmware updates haven't been great with all the 16X drama.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Asphalt said:

Thanks for all of your research @Rywokast.

It would appear that King Song have prematurely released the upgrade without properly testing the new firmware and motor with the old control board.

I'm tempted to purchase your 2200W motor, but King Song's recent record for firmware updates haven't been great with all the 16X drama.

i think @Daniel Clopton would agree with you lol.. although it seems the majority are working as intended, there are obviously some things to be ironed out... damn youre in canada too lol, let me know if you change your mind and want to try it :P

1 minute ago, Rywokast said:

i think @Daniel Clopton would agree with you lol.. although it seems the majority are working as intended, there are obviously some things to be ironed out... damn youre in canada too lol, let me know if you change your mind and want to try it :P

If your price is in CAD I might be willing to take the risk :P.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rywokast said:

yup put back in the old one.. i love how it rides and never had any problem with it anyways, seems this motor does not like my KS18 lol, or maybe something to do with the firmware and my board i have no idea, but i use my XL almost every day and i dont want to wait around and problem solve

That makes sense. Ok. 

3 hours ago, brockj said:

Any one else other than @Patton250 have a positive experience with the upgrade to an older 18xl? @Daniel Clopton, did the fw update help your shaking ?

My motor comes on Friday. I hope to give it a spin and report back here this weekend...

My motor vibrates a little bit at ultra low speed like less than 1 mph. Like when trolleying it around it vibrates a little. I figure they’ll get rid of that with the next firmware update.

12 hours ago, brockj said:

Any one else other than @Patton250 have a positive experience with the upgrade to an older 18xl? @Daniel Clopton, did the fw update help your shaking ?

My motor comes on Friday. I hope to give it a spin and report back here this weekend...

Mine was so bad I ended up sending it to Jason for testing. I haven't tried the new firmware, but I'm sure Jason will try everything. 

11 hours ago, Asphalt said:

@Patton250 which version of the control board do you have in your 18XL v1?

Also, do you happen to know which batch of 18XL v1 you have? I'm wondering what differences your 18XL has from the 18XL that  @Daniel Clopton and @Rywokast have.

How am I supposed to know that? I be glad to tell you if I can find out. I bout it from @Jason McNeil at ewheels. Perhaps he’ll know. 

I might have a slow leak on the tire. Perhaps I damaged it when I removed it. It’s only my second tire change after all and I did destroy the first one also. LOL. If I have to take the stupid thing apart again I’ll be able to take a picture of the board. But meanwhile maybe Jason will know. Either way it works 100% fine. Extremely quiet as I said before and absolutely none of the problems @Rywokast described. It did however act a little strange before the firmware update from Jason’s special app. 

11 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

How am I supposed to know that? I be glad to tell you if I can find out. I bout it from @Jason McNeil at ewheels. Perhaps he’ll know. 

The control board version should be printed on the control board.

I just hope that the new firmware is compatible with all versions of the control board.

22C39B30-1FAC-4509-A226-0D8D2A6FF283.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

The control board version should be printed on the control board.

I just hope that the new firmware is compatible with all versions of the control board.

22C39B30-1FAC-4509-A226-0D8D2A6FF283.jpeg

I really don’t think Jason would send them out if they weren’t. Do you? I mean if he did he would literally be giving himself more headaches of which I already know that he definitely doesn’t need. :-)

• Like 1

My guess is the people that are having problems didn’t download the firmware from the soft tuner app. Or if they did they didn’t pick the 18HL firmware. I could be wrong as I’m wrong quite often and if you don’t believe me then ask my wife. Lol. But that would be my guess.

• Like 2