SOLO wheel 3/ v8

Wheeler337

Pressure gauges on pumps can vary a lot I noticed. On my old pump the right pressure was indicated at 55psi. On my new pump the right pressure is indicated at 20psi and I'm pretty sure 20psi on the new is higher than 55psi on the old.

I know the pumps are cheap ones but they work great apart from the pressure indicator.

I'm 230 lbs, and i find 52-54 psi to feel about perfect for me, but I've noticed air pressure seems to be a very personal thing.

I got 11mi to 30% on somewhat hilly terrain, so im guessing about 12-13 mi to 20% but I dont like riding that low on battery with my borderline too heavy weight for this wheel, for fear of faceplanting, i try to stay above 50% if I can help it.

Ya I don't like to push me wheel at all on a low battery, I've been running 40psi and I have a Snap on pressure gauge so it should be pretty accurate.I'll try running 45-50 and see how it feels, I would think it would help the range a bit.

1 minute ago, Wheeler337 said:

Ya I don't like to push me wheel at all on a low battery, I've been running 40psi and I have a Snap on pressure gauge so it should be pretty accurate.I'll try running 45-50 and see how it feels, I would think it would help the range a bit.

Yeah, i tried 40psi first due to the manual suggesting that, but it felt very difficult to control/sluggish especially while learning.  My wife also said it looked low when I was on it.  I found this article, used it as a starting point, and adjusted a little until I found my preference.

https://www.ewheels.com/guide-tires-appropriate-pressures-electric-unicycle/

Not sure how accurate mine is, I use a harbor freight dual chuck inflator with telescoping guage built in, i have a craftsman 30gal air compressor.  It seems to match other guages closely, though it doesn't register anything less than 20psi.