Ashrel

Possible issue buying the KS16X?

Hello, 
I'd like you to confirm / add the issues i can get with a KS16X. I know there are threads about it but i'm not that fluent in english and it's quite hard to follow though all these pages

- Water/dust issues : So can i ride under light rain ? Is it possible to make mods to limit the risk? I mean, i don't intend to ride under rain, but if i find myself to be surprised and i need to catch my bus i'd like to be able to go. 
- Cutout : It seems some had unexpected cutout, but i couldn't get in which conditions ==> If it's extreme i'll probably be ok :p
- Others?

I saw people arguing about speed, comparing nikola and KS16X. But i don't intend to go higher than 40 to 45 km/h, can i ride "safely" at that speed with the KS16X?

Overall, i'm hesitating between MSX and KS16X, which seems to be funnier, nimbler, and easier to get in buses, with handle etc... vs MSX (more stable, and comfortable). I still don't know what i want to prioritize  :p 

Oh, and i saw there are 1st and 2nd batch, what does that mean and how can i know what i'm buying?

Thanks a lot !

40 - 45km/h is definitely doable with the 16X. I think using a "bodyguard" cover should take care of most rain issues. Possible water locations on the wheel are the power button, under the pedal hangers, between the rear mudguard and the body. The way I have the cover on, the pedal hangers are covered.

1 hour ago, Ashrel said:

Water/dust issues : So can i ride under light rain ? Is it possible to make mods to limit the risk?

Did you saw this thread? 

1 hour ago, Ashrel said:

But i don't intend to go higher than 40 to 45 km/h, can i ride "safely" at that speed with the KS16X?

Yes, I ride at this speed since 1000km offroad without cut-out

2 hours ago, Ashrel said:

Oh, and i saw there are 1st and 2nd batch, what does that mean and how can i know what i'm buying?

Second batch has the CYT H-5167 tire with no or less gyro effect, instead the CX321 tire. Maybe also a newer Control Board V1.5 instead V1.4.

No improvements in the dust and dirt case. 

If you looking for a used 16X, you can buy a 1st batch and if you don't like the tire feeling, change the tire. 

If you like riding in the rain and offroad and you don't like DIY, maybe you should wait until King Song found a real Solution. 

Yeah, i saw it but i didn't get it all i think...
So in fact the only real issue i could get is the water issue; and it can still be managed if i undergo some changes? 

I think yes. But only splashing water from a wet street, not riding in heavy rain where the water comes from above. 

But a protective cover from roll.nz should help a lot if you want ride in the rain. But a complete protection is not possible. 

Edited by buell47

ok thanks!

I wouldn't ride under heavy rain anyway, just light rain (or moderate if i don't have anywhere to go but not for long) :p