A cyclist punched me this morning.

paulz

I had my most disgusting experience with a cyclist when I sat in my Corvette, parked at the roadside, the side window was half open.
For no reason a passing cyclist spat against my car, unfortunately also against my face.
Yes, so what, did it happen and I can' t change it anymore? Yes, I couldn't, because I only had a crappy Corvette and not Marty McFlys DeLorean. :efee612b4b:

But what I could do was wait a few more seconds, secretly follow him by car and overtake him. Quickly around the corner, parked, out of the car. Waited a short time and then he came towards me. This face was indescribable when I hit him in the face during the ride and he fell off his bike.

I didn't say a word to him and went back to my car happy and satisfied. :efefa6edcf:

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

If he intentionally tries to knock me over I am taking him with me.

The problem starts with your assumption though: you don't know his intentions.

28 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

In a larger scene, In a much bigger picture of the world, YOU GET WHAT YOU PUT UP WITH. So if you are OK with being a pansy don’t complain about it. 

Sure, let's put it on a larger picture: if you jump on a cyclist and bring him down at speed, don't complaint to be accused and convicted for criminal assault and battery.

10 minutes ago, buell47 said:

This face was indescribable when I hit him in the face during the ride and he fell off his bike.

Bragging about hitting someone in the face speaks for itself. Really nothing more to say.

9 minutes ago, Mono said:

Bragging about hitting someone in the face speaks for itself. Really nothing more to say.

There are people who seem to put up with everything, but there are also people who don't.

Some people I can only recommend to look for eggs at Easter. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mono said:

Sure, let's put it on a larger picture: if you jump on a cyclist and bring him down at speed, don't complaint to be accused and convicted for criminal assault and battery.

In the US,in most states. If someone is intent on hurting you. Even if it is to just to break your finger you have the right to end their life in self defense. They hit me and I defended myself by keeping his body between the pavement and myself. He was the aggressor I was simply reducing my damage. I don’t feel bad about it and no court in the south will convict me.

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

In the US,in most states. If someone is intent on hurting you. Even if it is to just to break your finger you have the right to end their life in self defense.

Sorry, but you're flat out wrong. There are some states like Texas where you can use lethal force to protect property in addition to protecting life, but the key here is "protect life". Not "defend from any injury". Please feel free to quote any state code or statute that you think proves you can kill someone who merely punches you. Good luck.

14 hours ago, LanghamP said:

It's important to understand that pepper spray isn't an assault like punching someone. No one gets hurt from pepper spray, there's no damage to anyone, it doesn't stop anyone but instead buys you time, and time lets you run away.

I'm not sure what you mean, but unjustified use of pepper spray (meaning not in lawful self-defense) is an illegal physical assault. It is a crime.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

In the US,in most states. If someone is intent on hurting you. Even if it is to just to break your finger you have the right to end their life in self defense. They hit me and I defended myself by keeping his body between the pavement and myself. He was the aggressor I was simply reducing my damage. I don’t feel bad about it and no court in the south will convict me.

If you need to kill someone then I suggest you "accidentally" hit them with your car at 30+ mph. Few drivers would even face jail time or even get a ticket, as the killed bicyclist cannot tell his side of the story. I just don't think catching up with a bicyclist and landing on him with an EUC can be perceived as anything but assault, plus you aren't very likely to kill him. And if you need to kill him then you need to hit him so hard he comes out of his shoes, and that means 30 mph and greater.

I remember on two separate occasions two bicyclists showing me their .22 long rifle pistols. One was a commuter and the other was a bike messenger. It's these guys you probably shouldn't pick fights with on your EUC, but instead kill them with your alternative mode of transportation.

While I have the utmost respect for anyone like you who would kill someone for a slight upon their honor, personally I run away, or spray and run away. I prefer to be guarding Easter Eggs, as I simply find Manning Up to be too much effort.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

He was the aggressor I was simply reducing my damage

I appreciate that you suggest that reducing damage is a good thing, and we can indeed agree on this unambiguously. Yet I don't quite follow your reasoning. You were describing to jump on someone who had already passed ("If It happened to me again and I had on gear I might just jump on his back and ride him to the ground at 20 MPH. I am not too old yet."). That doesn't reduce damage, but does quite likely additional damage. You even admit that you wouldn't do it without gear.

21 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

:o

With some of the guys I ride with, this would not have gone done well for the cyclist. We ride wheels that can easily outpace a bicyclist. It would be very easy to catch up to him.

Fortunately I've never experienced that level of aggressiveness and hope I never will.

Yet another argument for having a 1600Wh+ class EUC, for cases where you need to be able to catch or outrun the crazy middle-aged men in lycra, eh?

Sadly I haven't joined the club yet myself.  Hopefully I can at least tire him out a bit after a decent chase at 18.6mph 😁

9 minutes ago, Elder Meat said:

Sorry, but you're flat out wrong. There are some states like Texas where you can use lethal force to protect property in addition to protecting life, but the key here is "protect life". Not "defend from any injury". Please feel free to quote any state code or statute that you think proves you can kill someone who merely punches you. Good luck.

My finger is my property and I was protecting it with lethal force. I had no other choice. Let him break my finger and possibly more or shoot him and be done with it. All I have to prove is that he meant to hurt me and he was the aggressor.  Or he ran into me and I was falling down. I was just an innocent by stander. He got what he deserved. 

What court in the US would say, Well he was just trying to break your finger you didn’t have to kill him. You should have just let him do it. 

Most aggressors have a record. I am not an aggressor. I am a defender. That is legal in the US. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mono said:

I appreciate that you suggest that reducing damage is a good thing, and we can indeed agree on this unambiguously. Yet I don't quite follow your reasoning. You were describing to jump on someone who had already passed ("If It happened to me again and I had on gear I might just jump on his back and ride him to the ground at 20 MPH. I am not too old yet."). That doesn't reduce damage, but does quite likely additional damage. You even admit that you wouldn't do it without gear.

Well? The second time I was falling after he hit me and grabbed on to him....Fell on him really. 

So the alternative is let this guy escalate his anger on the next guy? Let him hurt someone less capable of coping with the fall?( A woman or old man or some that uses EUC’s to replace a wheel chair?) 

All I am saying is that if this kind of behavior continues you should do something. Call the COPs or the newspaper. Write an article about the violence of the territorial cyclist thugs. Post a Vlog. Trip the guy that punches you or something. Don’t let them continue their aggressive behavior. 

Now if you were carving and did not see the guy and almost run into him or you are not sure what really happened try to be observant.  

@Mono If you see a paedophile raping a little child in the bushes, you're going to drive on and call the police at the next opportunity, right?

For you, violence against violence seems to be the wrong way to go.

Edited by buell47
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

My finger is my property 

Good luck to your lawyer :thumbup:

On a more serious note: do you honestly believe that killing a human is an adequate reaction to a broken finger? I mean, I can understand the sentiment to kill someone who is attacking me, but before seriously justifying it I'd maybe rather take a night of sleep over this one?

Just now, RockyTop said:

So the alternative is let this guy escalate his anger on the next guy?

Vigilante justice is a pretty serious crime, to all I know.

3 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

All I am saying is that if this kind of behavior continues you should do something. Call the COPs or the newspaper. Write an article about the violence of the territorial cyclist thugs. Post a Vlog.

Sure, do all that! I wouldn't have stepped in if that's all what you were saying :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, buell47 said:

@Mono If you see a paedophile raping a little child in the bushes, you're going to drive on and call the police at the next opportunity, right?

For you, violence against violence seems to be the wrong way to go.

Violence is wrong and illegal if it is an act of revenge. Preventing a child or an adult from being raped by using physical force is neither wrong nor illegal. I can see and understand the difference very clearly.

• Like 2

Just now, Mono said:

Violence is wrong and illegal if it is an act of revenge. Preventing a child or an adult from being raped by using physical force is neither wrong nor illegal. I can see and understand the difference very clearly.

This is not about killing someone for small problems, but in some cases it is not a discussion that helps, but pure violence. If someone does something to me physically, the point is exceeded to clarify this in a discussion. That is what it is about!

If you don't mind being a pussy, then it's nice for you. 

3 minutes ago, Blueblade said:

Just call the cops.  If you're lucky,  they identify/arrest him.  Some day his luck will run out, either an arrest or assault on the wrong guy.

This is what I think will happen. I mean, our jails are full of young men who aren't very useful to society. Jails were created by societies for young men who don't seem to have a use, and then we invent all sorts of rules to put them there. It's as if we decide to put those men in jail and then come up why they should be there.

This guy will end up in jail. They do eventually.

18 minutes ago, Mono said:

Good luck to your lawyer :thumbup:

On a more serious note: do you honestly believe that killing a human is an adequate reaction to a broken finger? 

Reaction,  No.

If you tell me that you are going to break my finger and then show me that you are attempting to do so, I will kill you if necessary to stop you from doing it. If you break my finger while attacking me I will defend myself and continue to do so until you stop attacking. If you break my finger by accident I would look at the situation and decide if it was reasonable. If reasonable, than I would say no problem and walk away. If not reasonable I might take you to court. 

If you are pushing or punching someone while riding a bicycle at 20 MPH that is a serious offense and the results of witch are your fault.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mono said:

Violence is wrong and illegal

Interesting. Can you explain to me why you drive EUC in Germany?

This is not only illegal, but a real crime! 

But violence against violence is not okay for you because it is illegal, but driving an EUC is okay? :confused1:

20 minutes ago, Mono said:

I can see and understand the difference very clearly.

I have my doubts that you know the difference. 

I'd say you're the typical German official. But driving the EUC doesn't fit in at all. Unless your EUC is at home waiting for legalisation?

Here is a local occurrence. 

Ex boyfriend calls Ex girlfriend. “ I am coming over. I saw you with that man last night”  she says, don’t I am not kidding, leave me and my new boyfriend alone. She calls the Cops. The Cops are on the way. ( but not in time)

Ex boyfriend walks up the drive way. New boyfriend opens the door before he gets halfway up the driveway and shoots him dead. It did not even go to court. The police said it was justified. 

33 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Interesting. Can you explain to me why you drive EUC in Germany?

You conveniently left out the second part of the sentence which conditions the case when violence is wrong (but OK, there are not so many cases where it is not).

What makes you believe I drive EUCs in Germany? ;) OK, that was a rhetorical question, but I don't, generally.

Riding EUCs may be illegal in some countries, but is legal in (many) other countries. It's illegality is based on a status quo that came about before people even knew EUCs could exist. Hence, depending on how people ride an EUC, it is hard to argue that it is unambiguously wrong.

This is not only illegal, but a real crime! 

Right, but usually a victimless crime, and not a crime in Denmark, Finland, Norway, Belgium, France... And it seems that most German judges do understand that.

But violence against violence is not okay for you because it is illegal, but driving an EUC is okay? :confused1:

I did not write or mean to say that it is wrong because it is illegal. Legality is one and an important indication as to whether something is OK, but it is not the only one. Whether it causes harm is another important indication.

I have my doubts that you know the difference. 

LOL

I'd say you're the typical German official. But driving the EUC doesn't fit in at all. Unless your EUC is at home waiting for legalisation?

LOL, try again. I would indeed wholeheartedly hope that even the typical German doesn't consider revenge violence as a legitimate means to change behavior.

Edited by Mono
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

Ex boyfriend walks up the drive way. New boyfriend opens the door before he gets halfway up the driveway and shoots him dead. It did not even go to court. The police said it was justified. 

Believable. It's a sad state the US of America is currently in, justice-wise.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

Here is a local occurrence. 

It did not even go to court. The police said it was justified. 

That's the legal system for some part of this world. Unrelated to EUC driving and getting quite offtopic here.

The whole topic here seems to escalate too much!

Better to leave this discussion, or Continue it privately.

Otherwise this topic/post have a good chance to make us mods unnecessary work deciding about warnings/locking this topic...:(