Asphalt

InMotion V8f

2 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

it would be foolish at least to pre order it.. the price will go down guaranteed, if you were to buy it over the KS16S now that would be crazy, KS has the same speed but for much longer, a more powerful motor, way biggery batteries that will let you drain them more, beautiful trolley design with cut off sensor, large pedals as well.. it literally has everything the V8F has and more, dont worry about a few pounds if youre carrying it you wont notice the difference between the two, its not a featherweight like the V5 believe me you wont want to carry either for an extended period of time but up a few flights of stairs or through a store is nothing i can throw the KS16S across a room its less than 18 kg very lightweight and compact.. if you get the V8F as your first and maybe only EUC i promise you that you will have range anxiety and want to upgrade very soon.. kingsong wheels have the best battery life compared to inmotion and gotway because they allow you to go down to a lower voltage, at our weight i can get 70 km out of my 16S, you would be lucky to get half that from the V8F.. i would only even consider it for comparison if it was at least 30% cheaper than the 16S

I'm reading your reply very carefully. Of course you're right.

In France, the first 50 pre orders get -€200. €900 vs €1,500...

19 minutes ago, Podqueen said:

I'm reading your reply very carefully. Of course you're right.

In France, the first 50 pre orders get -€200. €900 vs €1,500...

1500 euro for a 16S?? geeeeeeeeeeeeeez... thats a rip off lol, hmm well if thats the case then it purely comes down to what youre willing to spend lol.. because at that price difference its comparing apples to apples.. if that were the case i might just pick up a V8F and you can decide later if you ever want to upgrade.. the V8F would make an excellent second wheel :P just as a side note to make your life harder, you dont need to pay those insanely inflated prices to get the 16S.. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33044074183.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.61d318d18EeeVZ&algo_pvid=d1199707-0f04-425a-9f79-070324023868&algo_expid=d1199707-0f04-425a-9f79-070324023868-20&btsid=c371cf17-00a5-45c7-b0d3-9a959697f5cd&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_1,searchweb201603_55

@PodqueenIt's also worth considering just buying a used wheel first. You're going to drop your wheel a lot in the first few months and it's far better to beat up on old wheel than a brand new expensive wheel. When you're feeling confident on the wheel you could then sell it on and not loose much money. By then the wheel you initially wanted will be much cheaper and you'll be less likely to damage it. A sort of win win.

Edited by mike_bike_kite

Thanks for your replies.

I considered once buying on Aliexpress but I'm not very confident. Moreover, we've got nice unicycle shops in Paris with people fond of what they're selling, so I feel it's important to reward their passion and work by paying more yes, but paying to the right person.

Concerning bying a first used wheel, I made my mind about it. I'd like to buy a wheel I don't want to sell later for upgrading. I made a lot of researchs and my last choice is between the KS16S and the V8F. That's why I'm not looking for 14" wheels.

For my training, I'll look for wheel protection.

Get a V10F instead or GW TeslaV2...
That extra power will be very very useful ....

2 minutes ago, Meserias said:

Get a V10F instead or GW TeslaV2...
That extra power will be very very useful ....

Too heavy for me :/

33 minutes ago, Podqueen said:

Thanks for your replies.

I considered once buying on Aliexpress but I'm not very confident. Moreover, we've got nice unicycle shops in Paris with people fond of what they're selling, so I feel it's important to reward their passion and work by paying more yes, but paying to the right person.

Concerning bying a first used wheel, I made my mind about it. I'd like to buy a wheel I don't want to sell later for upgrading. I made a lot of researchs and my last choice is between the KS16S and the V8F. That's why I'm not looking for 14" wheels.

For my training, I'll look for wheel protection.

I think you are making the right choice here. I wish I had a local shop where I could go if I get questions and for service. 

I am with you 200% that supporting local shop is a good thing. And I would even do it despite a higher cost. 

I think you (if you didn't do it yet) could get some help in the shop too about choice. 

Anyway your first wheel is not going to be your last. EUCs have a habit to grow on you, some say an addiction others (me) a new lifestyle. Anyway a life changing moment. 

1 minute ago, Unventor said:

I think you are making the right choice here. I wish I had a local shop where I could go if I get questions and for service. 

I am with you 200% that supporting local shop is a good thing. And I would even do it despite a higher cost. 

I think you (if you didn't do it yet) could get some help in the shop too about choice. 

Anyway your first wheel is not going to be your last. EUCs have a habit to grow on you, some say an addiction others (me) a new lifestyle. Anyway a life changing moment. 

What a sweet reply, thank you.

I know I'll be fond of unicycles, if it's not already the case yet ! But it's also my budget thatdoesn't allow me to get a used wheel then another one. Actually, I'm taking profit of my student profile to get a nice deal with my bank. Since it's my last year as a student, it might be difficult to get a similar deal later and my income only allows me to get the student deal.

So I'm looking for a wheel I can keep for a few years (because I know I'll want to upgrade!) but not be frustrated to keep a V5F until I get a better income (no offense) :')

But this is not the main topic here and I don't want to get off-topic anymore :cry2:

I read you weight 55 kg. I feel like anything heavier than V8 (or V8F) might be pain in the ass for transporting by hand (stairs, road pavement, etc). I feel like its one of the main thing to consider, if the range/speed/price feels okay to you

5 hours ago, Ddolik said:

I read you weight 55 kg. I feel like anything heavier than V8 (or V8F) might be pain in the ass for transporting by hand (stairs, road pavement, etc). I feel like its one of the main thing to consider, if the range/speed/price feels okay to you

One of the main criteria, yes. I've got an elevator in my current flat, but I must move in in summer, so I don't know if I'll get an elevator. Plus, it will be easier for me to carry the wheel around me, in the car, with the trolley, etc.

I lifted a V8 last time, and it has pretty heavy, yes. I tried a KS16S and I think it would be my limit.

On 11/18/2019 at 2:50 PM, AtlasP said:

Even at that introductory price that's still 250-350 USD cheaper than either of those other wheels, let alone if they eventually get the post-launch V8F price down another 100 USD to 999 USD (or more). I think as the market has already demonstrated, the answer to your question is "a great many people/statistically most people".

Well, I think you're right when I remembered my thinking while purchase the V8 (first wheel).
"I don't need those speed and range, V8 seems to have all the conveniences and it's cheap, I also don't know if I can use it a lot".

Now, after have experience with EUC, if I can choose again, $350 more for a better wheel is an easy choice.

When you're not sure that EUC is for you, even $100 different still worth considering. 

19 hours ago, Podqueen said:

I feel it's important to reward their passion and work by paying more yes, but paying to the right person.

Moreover, you'll get local warranty which is the must with such complex thing

28 minutes ago, WaveCut said:

Moreover, you'll get local warranty which is the must with such complex thing

I would not buy a warranty for a V8 for 400 bucks though. 150 seems reasonably fair.

On 11/13/2019 at 10:18 AM, Mono said:

The original V10 pedals are together ~460g heavier than the original V8 pedals (I had both of them on my scale).

I guess we will need it to be teared down to tell, from eWheels’ website:

• What is the additional weight of the V8F over the V8?
    Just 2lb from the upgraded 1000W motor.
Edited by em1barns

6 hours ago, em1barns said:

I guess we will need it to be teared down to tell, from eWheels’ website:

• What is the additional weight of the V8F over the V8?
    Just 2lb from the upgraded 1000W motor.

I don't think the 2 lb gain is entirely motor.  The pedals are heavier, iirc.

I found the review fair.

The V8F is a refresh and does exactly what it should as such. But in the end, the V8 and V8F are no powerhouses. For a "normal" weight rider (80+kg) it's not strong enough for the advertised 35kph and similar stresses (e.g. him getting tiltback on moderate hills).

Sure, it has its niche, most importantly price. But in the end, unless you care about wheel weight or do not care about the limitations, I think other wheel models (starting with the V10) are just the better buy. A V8F is still a lot of money and I expect most riders would still want to upgrade soon.

I think that's what the video was getting across, and that's justified. A perfectly fine wheel, but not the best option to buy for most (new) people.

I think the V8 is great as a first wheel. It's also great for it's portability. On a vacation I'm going to bring the V8 as it is easy for me to carry. I can barely get my 16X into my car after a ride.