InMotion V8f

Asphalt

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Edit: From the V8F review video linked at the previous page, "the V8F power feels closer to a V10F than a V8". So a 1000W wheel feels closer to a 2000W wheel than to a 800W wheel. The math doesn't really work, so the difference must be mostly in differences in the programmed behaviour. 

I would say this is more due to the fact that the v10 never felt like a 2000w wheel, I am afraid. In addition, v8f must have inherited much of the electronics and firmware advances from v10, making behavior more aligned.

A more interesting comparison will be v8f vs 16s, to be fair.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Nic said:

Does wearing  shoes with soft rubber soles together with thick socks make a difference to how stiff the pedal feels?:)

How about tyre pressure?:w00t2:

They do actually! It’s a different feeling. I have experimented quite lot on various small scale shock absorbing techniques, and the only one that feels reminicent of a softer mode is a rocking footplate that’s only bolted tightly at the front, and has sponge rubber blocks under the heel section. Even with that though it’s very easy to tell which mode I’m riding, since the rocking speed is so different.

3 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Official information from inmotionworld.com:

https://www.inmotionworld.com/product/electric-unicycle-inmotion-v8f

Weird coincidence, I was literally on: https://www.inmotionworld.com/product/electric-unicycle-inmotion-v8 less than ~8 hours ago and tried adding an 'F' to the end of the URL ;-) which did not work at the time. Now they've completely taken down the former V8 listing and replaced it with the V8F one at the new URL.

Edited by AtlasP

I am sure that the owners of the old V8 have already realized that by ordering the inner case from V8F, side covers and pillows from V8F, we get a factory upgrade of the wheel to a higher tire and without any “collective farm”.

So V8 can take from V8F:
- Battery (yeah)
- Side padding (look like just need glue?)
- Inner case.
- Tire (if change inner case)

Not bad :D 

• Like 1

I was perplexed by that line in the EcoDrift disassembly. That would surely be an expensive and labor intensive process (without even getting the speed improvement) which makes zero sense to me. I could see if you already need to replace the side panels on a V8 (due to scratches/cracks) to replace them with the newer V8F panels instead and get the pads upgrade 'for free'. But swapping out the inner case & tire?--no way. Also while the battery would seem like a simple swap-out upgrade, with being such a minor upgrade and the batteries being *so expensive* by themselves it just doesn't make any sense. As in most cases you're better off just selling the used wheel and buying a new one.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

Not make sense for new V8, more like for a beat up one.
But just assume that you have a new V8, you can stop worry and just ride your wheel to the end of time, until battery and casing gone bad, just need to buy V8F stuffs to put on, you suddenly has an upgraded wheel :)

5 hours ago, alcatraz said:

What if the motor is the same but only a control board update?

1000w is a small jump up from 800w.

The additional weight (700g) cannot be explained just by the cell and pedal upgrades, so it likely comes with a new engine.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, alcatraz said:

What if the motor is the same but only a control board update?

1000w is a small jump up from 800w.

It's definitely a different motor, confirmed in the ecodrift teardown. It even has different internal physical dimensions.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, em1barns said:

The additional weight (700g) cannot be explained just by the cell and pedal upgrades, so it likely comes with a new engine.

The original V10 pedals are together ~460g heavier than the original V8 pedals (I had both of them on my scale).

Edited by Mono
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Phong Vu said:

saw the V8F on aliexpress for CAD $1,474

My theory is that's just an introductory price (1099 USD) to help incentivize the sale of the remaining V8's (non-F), and then we'll eventually see the V8F settle closer to original V8 price (899-999 USD). Retailers have to realize how much of the V8's success (I think the highest-selling EUC at least in NA) was due to its aggressive price-point relative to the competition.

Related, I wonder if we'll see Black Friday discounts on the original V8 since it does seem to be discontinued/officially replaced by the V8F.

4 hours ago, Phong Vu said:

directly comparable with KS-16s and Tesla, who gonna pick V8F over those 2 wheels?

Even at that introductory price that's still 250-350 USD cheaper than either of those other wheels, let alone if they eventually get the post-launch V8F price down another 100 USD to 999 USD (or more). I think as the market has already demonstrated, the answer to your question is "a great many people/statistically most people".

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Phong Vu said:

directly comparable with KS-16s and Tesla, who gonna pick V8F over those 2 wheels?

I'm looking forward buying the V8F. I've been wondering for a long time between the V8F and the KS16S. It's been a long guessing since they have their advantages and weak points. What makes me go for the V8F is the weight (I weight less than 55kg so I don't want to have my wheel heavier than a part of my own weight), the cut-off button, the design, and the price since I was looking for the 840wh KS16S. 

But I'm still wondering, that's so hard ! Fortunately, I've got up to my bank's response to keep guessing !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phong Vu said:

it will go down, like atlas said they just want to get rid of the V8s i doubt they will sell both since they are so similar.. i imagine it will be the same price as the V8.. you would have to be crazy to choose the V8F over either of those two wheels at the same price, the MCM5 too kicks its ass

40 minutes ago, Podqueen said:

I'm looking forward buying the V8F. I've been wondering for a long time between the V8F and the KS16S. It's been a long guessing since they have their advantages and weak points. What makes me go for the V8F is the weight (I weight less than 55kg so I don't want to have my wheel heavier than a part of my own weight), the cut-off button, the design, and the price since I was looking for the 840wh KS16S. 

But I'm still wondering, that's so hard ! Fortunately, I've got up to my bank's response to keep guessing !

it would be foolish at least to pre order it.. the price will go down guaranteed, if you were to buy it over the KS16S now that would be crazy, KS has the same speed but for much longer, a more powerful motor, way biggery batteries that will let you drain them more, beautiful trolley design with cut off sensor, large pedals as well.. it literally has everything the V8F has and more, dont worry about a few pounds if youre carrying it you wont notice the difference between the two, its not a featherweight like the V5 believe me you wont want to carry either for an extended period of time but up a few flights of stairs or through a store is nothing i can throw the KS16S across a room its less than 18 kg very lightweight and compact.. if you get the V8F as your first and maybe only EUC i promise you that you will have range anxiety and want to upgrade very soon.. kingsong wheels have the best battery life compared to inmotion and gotway because they allow you to go down to a lower voltage, at our weight i can get 70 km out of my 16S, you would be lucky to get half that from the V8F.. i would only even consider it for comparison if it was at least 30% cheaper than the 16S

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

it would be foolish at least to pre order it.. the price will go down guaranteed, if you were to buy it over the KS16S now that would be crazy, KS has the same speed but for much longer, a more powerful motor, way biggery batteries that will let you drain them more, beautiful trolley design with cut off sensor, large pedals as well.. it literally has everything the V8F has and more, dont worry about a few pounds if youre carrying it you wont notice the difference between the two, its not a featherweight like the V5 believe me you wont want to carry either for an extended period of time but up a few flights of stairs or through a store is nothing i can throw the KS16S across a room its less than 18 kg very lightweight and compact.. if you get the V8F as your first and maybe only EUC i promise you that you will have range anxiety and want to upgrade very soon.. kingsong wheels have the best battery life compared to inmotion and gotway because they allow you to go down to a lower voltage, at our weight i can get 70 km out of my 16S, you would be lucky to get half that from the V8F.. i would only even consider it for comparison if it was at least 30% cheaper than the 16S

I'm reading your reply very carefully. Of course you're right.

In France, the first 50 pre orders get -€200. €900 vs €1,500...

19 minutes ago, Podqueen said:

I'm reading your reply very carefully. Of course you're right.

In France, the first 50 pre orders get -€200. €900 vs €1,500...

1500 euro for a 16S?? geeeeeeeeeeeeeez... thats a rip off lol, hmm well if thats the case then it purely comes down to what youre willing to spend lol.. because at that price difference its comparing apples to apples.. if that were the case i might just pick up a V8F and you can decide later if you ever want to upgrade.. the V8F would make an excellent second wheel :P just as a side note to make your life harder, you dont need to pay those insanely inflated prices to get the 16S.. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33044074183.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.61d318d18EeeVZ&algo_pvid=d1199707-0f04-425a-9f79-070324023868&algo_expid=d1199707-0f04-425a-9f79-070324023868-20&btsid=c371cf17-00a5-45c7-b0d3-9a959697f5cd&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_1,searchweb201603_55

• Like 1