KS16X Roll.nz Bodyguard - First Look

Marty Backe

Thanks for the positive feedback, @EvoKnvl and @Marty Backe. And also the tip from @Rehab1!

We really wanted to get this right, so it was a matter of getting the best solution, but also in a realistic time-frame. And we had issues along the way - trying to find suitable adhesives and even trying to get the video completed (battery, memory card and microphone issues)...

But I think we are there now, so it's great to hear that things are working as we expected!

18 hours ago, RetroThruster said:

I haven't stuck my fingers in there yet but my concern is getting them at the proper width

Get stuck in there... Once you feel the inside of the cover, where the void is and compare it to the diagram in the kit, it should all make sense.

But if you do have any questions, please feel free to email or message me to discuss...

And for anyone who isn't directly effected, but wants to see the video mentioned above, then the link to it is... https://www.roll.nz/16Xfix. But be warned, it will waste 30-40 minutes of your life!

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, RetroThruster said:

I received my kit yesterday and plan on doing the velcro install today, the only thing that I'm a little uncertain of after watching the video is the placement of the velcro on the inside of the wheel, I haven't stuck my fingers in there yet but my concern is getting them at the proper width, the height seems straight forward but the width seems a little concerning, hopefully my concerns are squashed once I get my hands on it.

The slot underneath is not hard to figure out. For the left/right, just use one finger to figure out where the missing center chunk is and just line it up against that. For the uo/down, it's near the bottom. You can't go too high, otherwise you'll end up on the ridge. The tape itself is small enough that you really can't miss where it will go. 

• Like 2

@EvoKnvl and @RetroThruster... Thank you so much for the feedback!

We really wanted to get this fix done right, to the point that I was worried we were over-thinking things. Knowing that we have indeed resolved the issue is great to know.   :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/16/2020 at 9:07 PM, DjPanJan said:

Grip pads when again?

We are still trying to find another supplier of the grip-pad fabric. Until we find someone we won't know when we can offer them again.

However, the EUC Bodyguard does add a significant amount of additional grip, even without the grip-pads. The polyester outer layer has a lot more friction than the PU foam pads. Combined with the fact that the Bodyguard wraps around the back of the wheel, this means you can grip with your knees and push the wheel a lot harder than you can without the Bodyguard.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

@The Fat Unicyclist Hi! I want a ks-16x bodyguard, but saw that the 18xl has purple and the 16x not. Is for a reason? I mean, is possible to ask for a purple-edge 16x bodyguard? I don't know how the manufacturing process is, so just asking :P

Edited by Llorx

47 minutes ago, Llorx said:

@The Fat Unicyclist Hi! I want a ks-16x bodyguard, but saw that the 18xl has purple and the 16x not. Is for a reason? I mean, is possible to ask for a purple-edge 16x bodyguard? I don't know how the manufacturing process is, so just asking :P

@The Fat Unicyclist has last been here June 12:mellow: (see profile). You might get a reply faster by contacting roll.nz directly (or at least send him a DM via the forum and hoping he has the default email notification on). Just so you know:)

-

Also I'm wondering about bodyguards for all the shiny new wheels releasing now - S18, V11, Sherman.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@The Fat Unicyclist has last been here June 12:mellow: (see profile). You might get a reply faster by contacting roll.nz directly (or at least send him a DM via the forum and hoping he has the default email notification on). Just so you know:)

-

Also I'm wondering about bodyguards for all the shiny new wheels releasing now - S18, V11, Sherman.

Oh, my bad. Ok, thank you!