Lutalo Scoring the 18XL and 16X

Lutalo

52 minutes ago, Seba said:

I took a longer ride with KS-16X (https://euc.world/tour/578978122812298) to compare it with KS-18XL and found it suprisingly good in terms of comfort. I didn't expected that 16-incher will perform so well for longer ride. However after similar ride (same route and conditions) made on KS-18XL I feel noticeably less tired. There is difference in turns, as XL almost reads my mind and there is no need to use any noticeable force to make the wheel turn. In case of X I had to force wheel with my legs to keep it turning. I also noticed that XL is more energy-efficient, as in my tests I was getting ~10 % more range in similar conditions. Anyway, I liked KS-16X. If I had more money to spend, I would definitely buy KS-16X for everyday commuting. For long rides XL still is the winner.

I completely agree. I feel like I am figure skating when I ride the XL. The 16X is not quite as graceful. Both are rewarding wheels to ride.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

I completely agree. I feel like I am figure skating when I ride the XL. The 16X is not quite as graceful. Both are rewarding wheels to ride.

You are riding too fast. :w00t2:

At slow/walking speed the KS16X outshines the KS18L/XL. As you increase speed above 20kmh the more into mc lean is necessary to turn the wheel. But that itself is either good/bad depending on how you prefer the ride. I found that after a little adaptation I enjoy the KS16X ride style more. ...much more. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Unventor said:

You are riding too fast. :w00t2:

At slow/walking speed the KS16X outshines the KS18L/XL. As you increase speed above 20kmh the more into mc lean is necessary to turn the wheel. But that itself is either good/bad depending on how you prefer the ride. I found that after a little adaptation I enjoy the KS16X ride style more. ...much more. 

The 16X definitely outshines the 18XL in low speed maneuvering; I’m pretty sure I mentioned that somewhere in my dissertation length review 😆😆😆. I like the 18XL better at higher speeds; it’s just so intuitive. I feel like I’m Dancing and it understands exactly what I want to do; it gets me. 😆😆😆Right now I’m sharing the 16X with my son who was gracious enough to let me dismantle his 18L for parts in order to repair my 18XL which took a swim in the Anacostia River in Washington DC. Submersion in over two feet of water killed the Motherboard and Hub motor gyro. When I get his 18L back on the road I will get a chance to spend more time with the new pony.

Edited by Lutalo
  • Like 2

Sorry I only fast glance at it between meeting at work.

I am off duty tomorrow so I have all the time in the world to read it then. :popcorn:

Tuff times with 2 wheels out of commission. 😭

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Unventor said:

Sorry I only fast glance at it between meeting at work.

I am off duty tomorrow so I have all the time in the world to read it then. :popcorn:

Tuff times with 2 wheels out of commission. 😭

Not your fault. 😆😆😆😆 I need to write shorter posts. 😆😆😆

• 3 weeks later...

After having taken both the XL and 16X on numerous long rides I am satisfied that the XL is the more comfortable touring wheel between the two. Having said said that, I think the 16X is the overall more “fun” Wheel to ride; it’s a pretty cool wheel. I did 60 miles on the XL yesterday. I covered some pretty gnarly sections of paved trail and street. When riding over those sections, I found myself wishing that I had brought the 16X instead of the 18XL, but by the end of the trip my feet were glad that I had used the XL. 😆😆

Edited by Lutalo
  • Like 2