First ride on the Nikola+ overheated --> FIXED!

2 minutes ago, M22 Mark Chanya said:

I was thinking getting the Nikola now now sure as more and more people reports with problems here problems there, I just will wait for the new new batches I guess. 

There was the original "Glue Gate" episode that was resolved early on. It can run hot when operating in tough conditions, but that's being addressed in the latest release. In my day-to-day usage it has not overheated on me.

Other than that, I'm not aware of problems with the Nikola.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, M22 Mark Chanya said:

I was thinking getting the Nikola now not sure as more and more people reports with problems here problems there, I just will wait for the new new batches I guess. I’ll stick with my Monster.

Mark get the Nikola + 100v 1845Wh, I know you like speed.  @Dzlchef  Brian and I reached the top of overheat hill with no problem as you could see in  @Marty Backe Video. Plus I believe you weigh in lower than myself at 180 lbs.

When we did the Cogswell Dam dirt trails (32 miles) with Marty. Ray, Patrick, Mark and myself were hitting it hard up the trails with no over heat issues on my Nikola 84v 2100Wh wheel or their wheels.

EWheels has them in stock with a lower price! Pull the trigger!! :efef77eaf5:

• In Stock. All three Nikola variants back in stock
  • Nikola 84V/2100Wh & 100V/1845Wh are the new all black look
  • Note: both the 84v & 100V Nikola will be shipping with the new uprated controllers containing the TO-247 MOSFETS
Battery Voltage/Capacity
Choose an option84V 1600Wh84V 2100Wh100V 1845Wh

$2,550 $2,450

In stock

• Like 3

3 hours ago, M22 Mark Chanya said:

I was thinking getting the Nikola now not sure as more and more people reports with problems here problems there, I just will wait for the new new batches I guess. I’ll stick with my Monster.

FWIW, as soon as I fixed the fan, it works fine. I haven't come close to overheating it.  ;)

Edited by erk1024
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, M22 Mark Chanya said:

@M22 Mark Chanya was there on Mt. Wilson ride and saw what he saw.  16X's buzzing around the front of the pack.  Since Monster is such a fine road wheel, 16X for trails maybe better option.  :cheers:

• 1 year later...
On 11/3/2019 at 3:24 AM, houseofjob said:

Meh, they're a dime-a-dozen, just stock up:

Dynatron DB126015BH DC12V 0.43A Blower Fan (model used on the Nik+)

or

Dynatron DB126015BU DC12V 0.62A Blower Fan

.... just might need to borrow the old 2-pin(?) (can't remember if 2 or 3) and re-crimp or solder. Also, FYI for reference, my Nik+ fan as well is very audible in an indoor setting without bending down to hear.

It's years later, but just wanted to say thanks for the links (they still work lol), they saved my butt. The fan on my Nik+ is making weird noises and I couldn't find the model of this fan anywhere online until stumbled on your post!

• Like 3