I think I found a serious issue on 16X

Vida Wang

3 hours ago, mythe00 said:

It's common for bicycle wheels to require trueing, which is basically adjusting the spokes so that the wheel is perfectly straight and round.  You can still ride a bike with untuned wheels though, it wouldn't wobble like crazy or anything.

Please tell me EUCs don't have spokes. It should be entirely a tire or tire fitment concern. If the rim is bolted off-center to the motor, I doubt there's much you could do about it.  It should be a precision fit.

Edited by xorbe

11 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I hope KS will concentrate enough in the issue to fix it. But it is possible that their tolerance even for repairs is larger than you would hope for.

While a wobbly tire can be learned to deal with, it doesn’t mean that the tire is good. A succesful centering of the tire makes for a nicer ride, and less issues one has to account for while riding, and especially during an emergency braking. Which is why I always make sure that my tires run as straight as possible.

The 16X has been reported to have a badly drilled valve hole, which forces the tire to have a bump. Expanding the hole deeper into the rim helps, after which one is able to align the tire to run true.

The process of aligning the tire should come up when searching for ”seating the tire”. In short: deflate, manually handle the tire to run true, inflate a bit, handle again, inflate, etc. If that doesn’t help enough to satisfy, I made a Youtube video ”Weight balancing an EUC tire” that shows one way to help with the balance even further.

Yes man! That's exactly what I'm talking about! A hundred percent agree with your opinion.
I can learn to deal with an issue tire or wheel and I know every normal human could be succeeded in that after training, but that is not what I want to and I don't think I have to compromise with the issue hardware, cause that's not my fault! Just like you said, a good tire makes you focus on the riding then you could concentrate on other things, like other vehicles and people on the road or emergency status.
I'm not an experienced rider like you guys, but I'm also an experienced rider, I know how to control a wobbly wheel, but it didn't mean I 'like to control a wobbly wheel. That feeling makes me feel unpleasant and unsafe compared to a normal wheel.
These words, I don't mean anyone's theory is wrong, this is only my opinion.
And thank you for your words!:D

• Like 2

10 hours ago, xorbe said:

Please tell me EUCs don't have spokes. It should be entirely a tire or tire fitment concern. If the rim is bolted off-center to the motor, I doubt there's much you could do about it.  It should be a precision fit.

Yeah. And a good tire makes you feel comfortable.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 8:30 AM, Vida Wang said:

Do you guys know that the weight of 16X'wheel is not proportional?

My 16X have some left-right direction wobbles when I bought it, and don't get an answer to this issue before. 

I never tried to spin it over the air, but I tried that today, then I found that the 16X has a regular shaking while it's spinning!

Just like the weight of the wheel is not proportional!

The feeling of the wheel like this:

ea45f19621f73dfc0acf171fc642c0d0d95d9dc5

Could anyone give me answer?

The distribution of weight above the center of mass is not a problem.  Keeping in mind the entire weight of the rider is also above the wheel.  If you are feeling  wobble issues.  Its likely rider inexperience.  Go put a few thousand miles on and you will be silky smooth...

• Like 2