Stock Trickle Charger Vs. Fast Charger 1 amp 100%

LZMutant

37 minutes ago, Aneta said:

Can someone point the bleed resistors here?

These photos are too bad quality - single components cannot be destinguished and identified.

But they should be on the left half - the lower 2/3 are  20 identcal groups consisting of one comparator to enable the bleeding resistor and a second comparator turning the charger input off in case of cell overvoltage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

These photos are too bad quality - single components cannot be destinguished and identified.

But they should be on the left half - the lower 2/3 are  20 identcal groups consisting of one comparator to enable the bleeding resistor and a second comparator turning the charger input off in case of cell overvoltage.

Do you have a high-res photo of any BMS that can be used as an example of what to look for?

Edited by Aneta

13 hours ago, Aneta said:

Do you have a high-res photo of any BMS that can be used as an example of what to look for?

At https://forum.urban360.com/index.php?/topic/930-gotway-mcm4-680wh-bms-replacement/ for example.

At the right BMS (keybeye, LHY16S VER:02) one sees these 20 identical groups of components : starting from the left with the 120Ohm bleeding resistor, the mosfet enabling/disabling this resistor (connecting via the DS "route") then some 5 pin SMD component (should be a voltage reference like 4.2V for balancing and the comparator driving the mosfet)

Then some resistors/capacitors and again a five pin smd component (like the other one but this time with some higher voltage reference like 4.28V to shut off the charger connection in case of cell overvoltage) and then some resistors/mosfets to engage the big mosfet on top if any cell has overvoltage.

KS BMS look not too different - they just have additional overcurrent cut off at the discharge side.

Ninebot BMS are totally different - they used (ninebot one e+, https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/1571-ninebot-one-advance-bms-and-repair-workshop-shut-down-problem/?do=findComment&comment=16422 ) two IC for all the measuring/threshold comparison and then had again these groups of resistors/mosfets the switch the bleeding resistors. The "new" ZX BMS, which i've never seen by now should be about this way, too with additional communication to the mainboard.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have noticed that my Airwheel S8 responds well to the charge balancing. After a number of charging cycles it doesn't charge all the way to the full four red dots.

When it does that, I make sure to leave it plugged in for several hours after the charging light turns green, and then it charges all the way up - which last for a decent number of charging cycles after that.

I've also let it get down to 1 out of 4 lights, but haven't let it get much lower, as I can't afford not to have enough power (can't walk)!

Still doing a lot of short demos for other residents, their offspring, and staff. Lots of smiles, one or two asking for a trial. No others here yet (we're a community of around 350).

The gel seat I figured out how to attach is a great improvement in comfort. It's too short in the front, but that doesn't matter for riding.

• Like 1