Day 1: Beach Ride on 19Oct2019 (Southern California)

Marty Backe

Just a reminder that the first of our 7-days of Southern California riding is fast approaching. We have over 20-riders joining us but barely any local riders :(

The weather is looking great. Why not come out for a nice beach ride? We have riders from New Zealand, the Midwest, Northwest, and East Coast, among others.

All the details are here: Electric Unicycle World  If you're confused about any of the details drop a line here and I'll help you out :)

@enigma35 @HeavyGoing @Marvin Ong @Mushuukyou @Tjtripp @Sven @unowheel @Questor @Roll Model @Mike Hanna @Jon Sawa @serfy @swvision @Kimosabi @zentype @ndmcc @Mimir @Josh Morgan @Shawn Johnson @IRK @MikeV @Peter Q @Sketch @captainwells @NBC44 @Stan Onymous @Gizmo Dork @Alsayyad @Chairman S @who_the @Dave Frear  @roghaj @downtown @Yunicyle @Terenig @Dave U @Flying W @Heyzeus @NightRider @Mike Hanna @Klin @3euc @Unosolo @Williepimpin @Heyzeus @JomMas  @BlackOutEX @Freewheeler @TomM @tihoa @Ferreal@Austin @Ben Richards @noisycarlos @Tanabe @Dzlchef @Ando Melkonyan @YoshiSkySun @n2eus @maltocs @1Wheeler @Rama Douglas @Nick McCutcheon @mark chanya @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" @Yellowman @Kens @UpDownGo @John Wood @TedTheAtheist

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dave U said:

@Kens You coming? You could skip Sundays ride (Mount Wilson) since your English is back. We don't want to lose it again! :laughbounce2:

I'm still not sure. Still waiting for some confirmation for Saturday morning. I.. mungkin akan.. just showed up... tiba tiba di sana.. Ah Inggris ku hilang lagi :facepalm:

Just now, Kens said:

I'm still not sure. Still waiting for some confirmation for Saturday morning. I.. mungkin akan.. just showed up... tiba tiba di sana.. Ah Inggris ku hilang lagi :facepalm:

:P   :facepalm:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Who am I missing? Something must have caught your eye to post another list.

I just sorted it alphabetically so it's easier to search and add new guys after every SoCal group rides. So far I add jun from the last Long Beach loop and  johnleam from ciclavia. We might want to add Bobby Zhou and STEPHENLA too?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kens said:

I just sorted it alphabetically so it's easier to search and add new guys after every SoCal group rides. So far I add jun from the last Long Beach loop and  johnleam from ciclavia. We might want to add Bobby Zhou and STEPHENLA too?

Thanks. I'll update my Master List :thumbup:

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Adel said:

@Marty Backe are the ride meetup times posted somewhere ? Thanks.

Yes. If you look at the post (top of this page) you will see a link to the website with the information for all of the rides. There is also our Telegram Group (30 members as of today) which is how we are coordinating everything: https://t.me/laeucgamesgrouprides

I’m only going to make the Monday ride, way busy week at work.  Too bad it’s Griffith Park.  I already ride through there weekly.  It’d been nice to go up a mountain for a change. 

1 minute ago, Dzlchef said:

I’m only going to make the Monday ride, way busy week at work.  Too bad it’s Griffith Park.  I already ride through there weekly.  It’d been nice to go up a mountain for a change. 

Don't forget Fullerton Loop also..  :smartass:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

I didn't think you were going to make any of the days. Good.

Monday is a two part day. Fullerton Loop is a fantastic ride BTW. Highly recommended :thumbup:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I didn't think you were going to make any of the days. Good.

Monday is a two part day. Fullerton Loop is a fantastic ride BTW. Highly recommended :thumbup:

Yeah, forgot about that part. Nice, it’s a bit of a scenery change.  

I’m about to head out and ride to Santa Monica now.  I’ve got some free time and the misses is working. 

• Like 1

Good morning gentleman! 

Here's weather forecast for tomorrow ride:

t2TLqN9.png

Looks like it will be a perfect day for cruising the California's coastline all day long! :clap3: 

The temperature will start around mid 60°F (~18°C) and tops around 75°F (~24°C) at 1pm.

It will be windy so bring your windbreaker or light jacket! Nobody want to get sick before LA EUC games!

(I just got a clear for tomorrow so I'll be joining this one :w00t2:)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kens said:

Good morning gentleman! 

Here's weather forecast for tomorrow ride:

t2TLqN9.png

Looks like it will be a perfect day for cruising the California's coastline all day long! :clap3: 

The temperature will start around mid 60°F (~18°C) and tops around 75°F (~24°C) at 1pm.

It will be windy so bring your windbreaker or light jacket! Nobody want to get sick before LA EUC games!

(I just got a clear for tomorrow so I'll be joining this one :w00t2:)

Great, that brings the total rider count to 16 for this ride.

• Like 1

Nice ride!

Longer ride  than i figured.

Yes we we rode the Extra Palis Verdis (bad spel) section.

But very good! That was OFF roading. Fun.

Depleted my battery of new ks16x before getting back ."low battery" voice warnings for miles till ,

tilt back and refusing to function. 

Thanks Dave for the ride back! ! , to my car.

Getting used to my KS16X.  Good thing is very liitle wobbling today.

Is it me or did the machine change???

Lesson: take along a charger if Marty tells you to.!

I only have standard charger.Needs 11.5 hours,  says manual to charge.

No way to be charged for tomorrow.😒

Marcus

• Like 2

16 hours ago, 1Wheeler said:

Nice ride!

Depleted my battery of new ks16x before getting back ."low battery" voice warnings for miles till ,

Marcus

L.A. Group Rides, Leave No Man Behind! :efee6b18f3:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, 1Wheeler said:

Nice ride!

Marcus

Hopefully you can make the rest of the rides. Yeah, charging a depleted 1600wh wheel can take 12 to 14 hours. Without some fast charging, The Rivers and Mt Baldy might be iffy. The other rides should be OK.

Glad that @Dave U was able to help you out :cheers:

On a positive note, now you know how the 16X behaves at zero battery :D

• Like 1

On 10/25/2019 at 12:14 AM, STEPHENLA said:

I would love to ride an extra wheel to borrow for my first ride along, I am shopping for my first wheel please call text me 8182710932 

Sorry. I know you've been texting me, leaving messages, etc. But that's not how it works. I generally don't loan my wheels to people (but it does happen for friends) but certainly not to strangers. I don't know anyone who loans wheels to total strangers.

But I guess you had nothing to lose by trying. You can stop texting me now :)