New 100-volt 1860wh MSX's Arriving

On 10/21/2019 at 2:36 AM, Afeez Kay said:

Gotway confirmed this configuration is not from them. This looks like the inside of my old 1845wh MSX 100v from eucservice.com.. or maybe not..I recognise that layout, as I recommended the extra battery pack to be split equally into two packs for better weight distribution. Pure speculation here of course..I may be wrong.. but I would definitely recommend this wheel.. awesome piece of kit.. :thumbup:C3B85E03-80A4-48E0-B49B-07461978F893.thumb.jpeg.b0e3561357a177c6566ade1e67fbc557.jpeg

B835E536-5CA6-4577-BF10-2A78DEA4DF22.jpeg

You're absolutely correct. I confirmed it with Gotway. 

Ewheels is misleading their clients. But the wordplay is beautiful and intentionally worded to mislead the customers, into thinking it's a battery modification from gotway. 

The battery modification provided by ewheels is not an official gotway product. 

Edited by Christopher Michel Marin
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Christopher Michel Marin said:

You're absolutely correct. I confirmed it with Gotway. 

Ewheels is misleading their clients. But the wordplay is beautiful and intentionally worded to mislead the customers, into thinking it's a battery modification from gotway. 

The battery modification provided by ewheels is not an official gotway product. 

:confused1:

Care to weigh in on this @Jason McNeil?

On 10/25/2019 at 12:12 PM, Yxzygäilijä said:

I just asked it at the seller. He said it's assembled and tested at gotways factory. Also he sent me this image: 

Screenshot_20191025-190559

Just spoke to Gotway about this. The seller is lying to you. The label is fake. It is not an official gotway product. Just thought you would like to know... 

As they say. Aliexpress is not considered an authorized dealer for EUCs. There is no customer support when you buy wheels on there and you have no idea how they smacked together this creation. It's cheap to print labels. Be careful. 

Edited by Christopher Michel Marin

Btw Gotway even updated their website because of the conversation I had with them. With more updates to come. 

http://www.kebye.com/newsinfo/344310.html

Their newer wheels are the ones that are constantly being modified battery wise. 

So, if the watt hour of the wheel in question is not on this website link. It's not an official gotway product.  

Example: msuperx 1845wh 100v is not on that list. Therefore we can deduce that it is not a legitimate gotway product. 

Remember:

Gotway announces when they are almost done with their prototype wheels. And when they are releasing versions with more watt hours. They do not support or suggest these type of modifications whatsoever for a variety of reasons. 

That being said. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I just wanted everyone to know the truth. I think everyone could work on being a bit more honest. 

• Like 3

there is so much misleading around GotWay products...
who is to blame ?

Gotway (in my opinion) because they don't protect their products line with firmware witch should be able to identify in most of the cases (99%) any fake product or not authorized seller. These battery modifications could be very dangerous for any rider...

19 minutes ago, Arbolest said:

Woah man, stay calm and keep cool. B) 

Jason is often able to leverage his sales volumes to get the wheel manufacturers (Gotway in particular) to make non-standard and unannounced

This specific part of this discussion refers to an aliexpress seller:

10 minutes ago, Chriull said:

This specific part of this discussion refers to an aliexpress seller:

Alright, I had missed that link as I scanned through this thread.

However, I would like to point out that if the quoted post is where the connection to Ali express was taken from, then the link there does not seem to be connected in any way to the wheels this thread was started about. eWheels is currently selling an 1845Wh version of the MSX that uses the 18650 batteries, and the Ali express link there shows a 2200Wh MSX that uses the new 21700 cells.

Now, again, I haven't personally spoken to either Jason or Gotway concerning this new "eWheels Special" version of the MSX, nor have I seen one in the wild and gotten to take a peek under the hood,  but until I hear/see otherwise I have no reason to doubt the information provided by eWheels.

Let's just wait and see what Jason has to say. :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, photorph said:

This is different from aliexpress because the vendors themselves are making the modifications.  We are making no modifications, we have 4 employees only and none of us modify or add battery packs to any from factory wheels. We had our Gotway contact make this just for us, it’s not official Gotway but trust me this MSX comes to us from Gotway with battery pack added along with bms.

Ewheels has no link to aliexpress what so ever.  

I never said ewheels was connected to any dealer on Alibaba or aliexpress.  Or anything like that. Please read the quotes within the comments thoroughly. 

Someone said there was a 2200wh msuperx 100v on alibaba. They also said the sellers was saying it came directly from the gotway factories in China.

That seller was lying. So I made so i let the person know who mentioned it earlier in the forum thread. Never accused ewheels of any interaction with Alibaba vendors. 

3 hours ago, Arbolest said:

I'm a little confused by this part here... eWheels is not affiliated with Ali express in any capacity as far as I am aware. Are you perhaps conflating the modified wheels being sold on Ali express (and a few other websites) with the version of the wheel that is being sold on eWheels?

You misread the message. The aliexpress part has nothing to do with ewheels. Please read the quoted message within the comment. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

In the manufacturing world everything is about scale, no Wheel maker wants to get involved in making a bespoke pack for an end-Customer contacting them asking for a larger battery, it's not worth their time or hassle. This special edition MSX pack was produced from the GW supply chain, it's not on the 'official' catalog.    

Can you elaborate on what exactly you mean by the pack was produced from the gw Supply chain?  

Because that's a fairly broad statement and can mean a variety of things.

yes but don't want to do many.  the official only use regular batteries, not type I batteries. Official only use regular batteries, and will not make special batteries. Abnormality battery will cause potential risk of charge and decharge. Long time use unsure.Don't worry we are already upgrading msx. will be launched in...

What!! Such an inflammatory tease!

This is the MSX I just bought from eWheels and you're showing a quote, from Gotway that states...

1) The 1860wh battery configuration might have a risk of losing charge and not working long term.

2) There is a new MSX upgrade launching... (and you cut it off or left off the pertinent info)

Please explain!

Its just a potential risk, not definite risk lol :) 

Isn't this true of owning a Gotway (or any) wheel? :laughbounce2:

(No response needed just thought it was funny. As everyone who buys a wheels deals with many potential risks: faceplants, battery fires, medical bills, etc. )

• Like 3