Is there a code of conduct?

mike_bike_kite

4 hours ago, alcatraz said:

Pedestrian vs car, car wins.

Car vs bus/truck, bus/truck wins.

Bus/truck vs train, train wins. 

Planes crash, boats sink.

There's always something out there to fear. Putting that aside, lets talk euc's instead. :)

You forgot asteroids :P:efee612b4b:

But I completely agree, great points! And yeah, let's talk EUCs! :)

This is the email I'm sending later today to futureofmobility@dft.gov.uk suggested by @Nic :

I thought I'd found the perfect way to commute in London. My EUC seemed like the future because:
  • It cost pennies to run for 5 miles.
  • It caused no pollution.
  • It kept up with central London traffic.
  • I could easily store it in my hallway at home (my bicycle was just too large).
  • I could put it under my desk at work where it won't get stolen.
  • It has a front light, a rear lights and brake lights built in.
However I'm now told that they are illegal in the UK! Could these vehicles be classified the same as electric bikes with the slight difference that EUC's need extra power to keep the rider upright. If I'm riding along and hit a pot hole then the extra power is needed to climb out the pot hole while keeping the rider upright. Can I suggest that EUC's be made legal if they travel at the same speed as electric bicycles (16mph) and have a maximum power of 1600W. Perhaps more powerful EUC's (30mph and 3000W) could be allowed if the rider has a driving license and third party insurance?

• Like 2

On 10/11/2019 at 7:46 PM, RockyTop said:

Some people are recklessness and make us look bad.  Some videos are misunderstood.  The other day I was flying down a mountain bike trail. I turned a corner and almost hit a mother with a month old baby that was standing in the middle of the trail. I had to crash into the woods to keep from hitting her. That video would have made me look bad but the sign at the trail head clearly says "No pedestrians"  

I almost had my first crash. I was in the street, riding on the right with the green light on my side. I had lights, a horn and blasting music - not a match for someone with ear buds, I learned.

As I approached, moving out of his way, he continued moving into my path - not looking. Not hearing me until the last minute. 

I was able to weave around him. In a way we were both wrong because he should not have been walking against the light with a ton of boxes, not looking nor listening. I am not on a street legal vehicle. Since nothing happened, all's well this time. 

Unknown.jpeg

• Like 1