Riding techniques: Fight! (Split from Kingsong 16X: pedal dipping thread)

3euc

Yes, very interesting thread.
A lot of do's and don'ts and very few of them have to do with riding.

Here is a question for you guys.

Do you equate posture in normal riding with posture during hill climbing?

And which posture would work better for hill climbing;
straight, tall posture as in a maximum forward lean
Or
bent knee posture with a hinged hip?

If bent knee with hinged hip then why would this not be advantageous on flat ground?
We are exerting force on the front of the pedals either way (on the balls of our feet).
One version provides a lower CoG and shocks while the other doesn't.

When teaching I prefer to give tools to the person and then encourage them to develop their own style.
I teach them to learn on their own.
Then maybe one day that person can teach me something too.

In the end I would be a bit saddened if I had been working out for the past 5 years and only learned how to do one push-up variation.
I would however cut my losses and embrace the new breakthroughs in push-up and learn them despite my narcissistic side telling me that my version is the best.
All these new fangled clapping push-ups and one arm push-ups! Who needs them!

• Like 3

Here is some entertainment for you guys if you haven't seen it already.

So imagine this posture at 50km/h and an 8m/s headwind.
Or would you just stand straight and tall and hope for the best? :efee612b4b:

The first hill was 25 degrees.
The last hill was 30 degrees.
Some might call it a hillock.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

In the end I would be a bit saddened if I had been working out for the past 5 years and only learned how to do one push-up variation.
I would however cut my losses and embrace the new breakthroughs in push-up and learn them despite my narcissistic side telling me that my version is the best.
All these new fangled clapping push-ups and one arm push-ups! Who needs them!

Look at motorcycle riding. Everyone that learns it gets taught "the" way of riding a motorcycle. Now look at all the different riding styles in MotoGP. How is that possible if only one is "the best"?!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

straight, tall posture as in a maximum forward lean

I prefer to move the hips forward and bent the knees to get maximum forward "lean". Not really different from going uphills for me.

• Like 1

The gate-keeping coming from 3EUC is insane. 

-"Don't push limits"
-"Don't ride in any way that isn't my posture"
-"Don't have opinions on riding unless you have ridden before 2015"
-"Don't talk in this thread if you aren't videoing yourself"
-"Don't fall. Ever."
-"Don't take risks"

And then he acts like a martyr and tries to start fights when people call him out. I am honestly surprised that the mods have let this thread go on as long as it has. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, D3m0nzz said:

-"Don't push limits"
-"Don't fall. Ever."
-"Don't take risks"

And then he acts like a martyr and tries to start fights when people call him out. I am honestly surprised that the mods have let this thread go on as long as it has. 

It's entertaining... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, D3m0nzz said:

C'mon, all is perfectly civil, just some interesting psychology going on. BTW, I didn't know the term gatekeeping before, always happy to learn!

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:34 AM, D3m0nzz said:

-"Don't push limits"
-"Don't fall. Ever."
-"Don't take risks"

Pushing limits is the only way to learn, but do it carefully and know where the limits are of both you and your wheel, which will allow you to push those limits more safely.

The posture I choose is how EUCs were designed to operate. I think it's the easiest place to begin and for some to continue. However, once the basics are mastered, different styles can develop, which will also work. Anything goes, really, as long as you can stay safe and within the basic parameters of your wheel.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion--those who began before and after 2015. Although keep in mind that those who are more experienced may have something useful to offer to those less experienced.

If you're making comments about my riding style from my videos, naturally I am curious to see yours. It's a bit more interesting to know something, particularly when that person is making claims of being on another level and someone who takes high risks, which is fantastic, but begs the question--where are videos of this amazing riding?

Don't fall without being prepared. I strongly recommend protective gear, especially a full face helmet. It's only a matter of time before you take a fall. Be ready: 3euc.com/gear

Take risks knowing the consequences--it might make you think twice.

If none of these things were conveyed earlier, then there has been a failure to communicate!

Not only did I not say anything remotely resembling a single one of your fake quotes, I didn't even imply any of these things. Splitting the other topic and having it continue wasn't my idea, although the Mods obliged, so I am not sure how I'm the one gatekeeping. I've just tried to share some of my ideas, and respond to posts directed at me, which I thought was the purpose of a forum--a place of discussion. Above are some of my actual thoughts.

Edited by 3euc

2 hours ago, 3euc said:

The posture I choose is how EUCs were designed to operate.

So rich... First EUC was designed somewhere around 10 years ago. I have no idea about it’s power or speed levels, but I think it’s safe to say that it was not at all fast or powerful. Is the riding posture and habits it was designed for the ones you are referring to? On a current wheel that has possibly ten times the power and five times the top speed?

Where did you learn which posture and habits the EUC was designed to operate with?

And how would an EUC designed for crouching differ from the current ones?

• Like 2

On 10/9/2019 at 2:05 AM, 3euc said:

Are you interested in how-to videos or just wondering which of these things I do?

I would actually be interested to see you idling (AKA as the pendulum). And I am always excited to get useful hints for improving my riding skills, of course.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Seems a lot of blather about riding styles !Each to his own and there is always more than one way to skin a cat.I,m off to practice riding backwards with crouched knees,straightlegs.windmilling arms and hoping not to hit anything cos i cant see "Sxxt"when going backwards.:efee96588e:

• Like 2