Ninebot z10 activation after board change

Sander Orvik Humborstad

Last thing I heard about this particular issue, is that you need to either get the manufacturer of the wheel, or an authorized retailer to give you an activation code, or to active it for you. Not an easy thing to do, is my understanding. Also why a lot of people will tell you not to buy it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2019 at 5:33 PM, Sander Orvik Humborstad said:

Hi, guys. 

I guess you are all familiar with the boards blowing on the z10. I got new boards and installed them, but i need to activate it in my app. I just get an error code. Does anyone have a solution for that? 

Best Regards 

Hi,

Did you succeed to activate the board ?

• Upvote 1

So, a quick update! After alot of back and forth with my seller, whom had contact with a chinese guy, who then had contact with ninebot again, the following happened: 
The board got shipped from China to my seller -> Took 1 month.
When i started the wheel it would not stabilize. I started the app and it said. Vehicle not activated. Activate now or later? 
When i tried to activate it, it said initian S/N cannot be activated/identified. Please contact after-sales department.
This meant that i had to change the serial number of the board to the original serial number of old board. 
I did not have that alternative in my app and had to get the log in information to another account. 
I got two different accounts since the first one did not work. They were overseas sales support accounts. 
In their app i had something called "Change the serial No."
To do this i had to get a verification code from the Ninebot guys. 

Alot of back and forth, maybe two weeks of getting up early and talking to my contact on the phone before we made it work. 
It took aproximately 2 months to get it fixed. I can maybe try to give my code to others that have an issue with activating it, to see if that will work. I will on the other hand not give out the log in information to the other accounts. 

Today i had my first fall. It was due to ice on the road, so i guess the season in Norway is over by now :( 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/28/2019 at 8:33 AM, Sander Orvik Humborstad said:

So, a quick update! After alot of back and forth with my seller, whom had contact with a chinese guy, who then had contact with ninebot again, the following happened: 
The board got shipped from China to my seller -> Took 1 month.
When i started the wheel it would not stabilize. I started the app and it said. Vehicle not activated. Activate now or later? 
When i tried to activate it, it said initian S/N cannot be activated/identified. Please contact after-sales department.
This meant that i had to change the serial number of the board to the original serial number of old board. 
I did not have that alternative in my app and had to get the log in information to another account. 
I got two different accounts since the first one did not work. They were overseas sales support accounts. 
In their app i had something called "Change the serial No."
To do this i had to get a verification code from the Ninebot guys. 

Alot of back and forth, maybe two weeks of getting up early and talking to my contact on the phone before we made it work. 
It took aproximately 2 months to get it fixed. I can maybe try to give my code to others that have an issue with activating it, to see if that will work. I will on the other hand not give out the log in information to the other accounts. 

Today i had my first fall. It was due to ice on the road, so i guess the season in Norway is over by now :(

Hi Sander. I think I have the same issue - the change s/n button doesn’t appear when I log in with the seller’s account. Could you share the log in details of the account that you used? You mentioned an activation code. At what point you had to use it? Is there something that I need in addition to activate my new controller?

• 4 months later...
On 10/28/2019 at 4:33 AM, Sander Orvik Humborstad said:

Why stop in winter? Just adjust riding style to the conditions. Most winter days very possible to ride and very enjoyable! I ride everyday in winter falling on ice once in awhile. Better to fall on ice than on pave!!!

see 

Edited by amelanso

• 2 months later...
On 6/19/2020 at 11:44 AM, Cam Bertok said:

I’m having the exact same problem with my Segway s plus, and I need it to work for work; when I try to activate it, the same thing pops up, I’m not understanding how you guys fixed it 

The easiest is to do it via NineTool. You might need to contact the developer of the app for the code. For me it was free as I bought the custom firmware 

• 2 months later...

Had my board fried few weeks ago after going about 10 kms uphill. was pretty lucky since the wheel did not fail instantly but felt like pedals are shaking a bit for few seconds so i was able to slow down(unlike my last accident when i hit a deer on my night ride.., lol). There was no overheat alarm but the temp was in low 70 c.

Today was finally able to replace the boards and activate it.

Huge thanks to mrn76 for the help.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi, few weeks ago mu ninebot z10 died. The mother board is fried. I bought a new but i don't know how to put a new serial number.

I searched a lot but web pages are off, telegrams groups off...

Anyone can help me?

Thanks a lot (and sorry for my english)

Buenas, hace una par de semanas mi ninebot z10 murio. No saltó la alarma de temperatura y me hizo un cut-off tirándome al suelo y quedando frita. He buscado mucha información sobre el tema pero han desaparecido páginas web sobre el tema, grupos de telegram específicos de la z10 también han dejado de funcionar...

Necesito saber como poder cambier al numero de serir pues he pillado una nueva placa. ¿Alguien puede ayudarme?

• Like 1

Hi, You are not alone ;).

After changing the motherboard the wheel should turn on. It is a very loud beep. Then the RGB LED are shining. Also there are some (I think it was blue and red) LEDs at the motherboard. The wheel is not balancing. But the bluetooth should be visible.

For the next step there are 2 possibilities:

a) You contact ninebot in China and wait until they help You activating the wheel. I suppose they will not even reply...

b) @MRN76 has developed a hack software (http://mrn76.ru/en/) for android, where You can change the serial number, odometer, speed limit and much more. You can contact him via Telegram or via that forum. In Telegram You just enter @MRN76 and he will reply. I had to do it twice and he helped me a lot. But maybe he wants to have some expense allowance for it. But then You can also go 55 km/h :efee6b18f3:.

Hi Boris!,

Thanks a lot.

I bougth the motherboard to Chine but it will arrive the next month... I think same you... probably they will not herlp me.

Tha Android app Nine Tool is not in the web (http://mrn76.ru/en/). no link to download, and if you search "ninetool" or "nine tool" in Google Play no good result appear. Will i contact to  @MRN76to dowload the app and get the code?

HE comprado la placa a China y me llegará el mes que viene (toca esperar). Yo también creo que la opción a es una pérdida de tiempo.

La aplicación Nine Tool para android no está disponible en la web (http://mrn76.ru/en/). Además, si buscas en Google Play tampoco la encuentras. Imagino que tendré que contactar con @MRN76 para poder descargarla y obtener el código.

Muchas gracias por la información Boris ;)

• Like 2

Pleasure;)

Well, it was at the website, but now I cannot find it anymore. Looks like he redecorated it... Maybe You just contact him to get the app.

Edited by Boris Lämpel
Privacy

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

hello guys,

i’m stuck with ninetool in loop (timeout) when pressing the get info button. tried several phones, no way i can go beyond the scan and click on the wheel bluetooth name.

Quite strange also, I can connect to the wheel as a headphone… and the wheel is playing no sound… can it be the bluetooth module?

I’m running out of ideas.

any thought would be OMG so much appreciated… many thanks 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...