KS 14D Battery Upgrade

Babaji_on_wheels

Hello All ,
 I am from India and have recently purchased a King Song 14D . After riding for 4-5 Days I have become real addicted to it . Only drawback is the wheels doesn't acclerate fully after battery drops down to less than 50 % . I am now willing to upgrade my Battery or make a new one myself . I want to know if the KS14D battery have a built in BMS controller . Has anyone tried to Teardown a King Song Battery?
Please share your reviews on it .
Thankyou  

• Like 1

Hi @Babaji_on_wheels - Welcome to our forum.

Yes, there is BMS wrapped up inside the King Song batteries.

The 14D does have different battery size options though. What Wh do you have?

If budget is not an option, get the 14S. Thats what I did and I love it! I had the 14D for about 4 months before I upgraded to the 14S. I still ride it to this day amidst my 18XL and MSX

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

If budget is not an option, get the 14S. Thats what I did and I love it! I had the 14D for about 4 months before I upgraded to the 14S. I still ride it to this day amidst my 18XL and MSX

@Flyboy10 makes a really good point... the inner working of the 14D and 14S are the same... By swapping just the batteries, outer shells (and pads on them) you could transform your 340Wh KS-14D into an 840Wh KS-14S. Which would give you so much more range before any speed throttling!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

just the batteries, outer shells (and pads on them)

Note that just those 3 items are like $800 USD. If you like to work with your hands and want to save a couple hundred bucks then you can do that. Or you can sell your wheel and buy a new or used 14S.

• Like 1

Thankyou @Flyboy10 and @The Fat Unicyclist for helping me out here . I will save up some money and get the Batteries of 14S . Regarding the outer shell , I will make a Resin Infused one with Composites , as I have access to Carbon Fibre . I hope King Song doesn't feel bad about me modifying the wheel !!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Babaji_on_wheels said:

Thankyou @Flyboy10 and @The Fat Unicyclist for helping me out here . I will save up some money and get the Batteries of 14S . Regarding the outer shell , I will make a Resin Infused one with Composites , as I have access to Carbon Fibre . I hope King Song doesn't feel bad about me modifying the wheel !!

We are still in the "pioneering" / "early adoption" phase... There are so many awesome mods around, your one should blend in easily!

• 1 year later...
On 10/8/2019 at 3:19 PM, Babaji_on_wheels said:

Hi ,
 I have 340 Whr Battery . Seems to get over very soon after a few min of 25 + kmph runs . I was thinking maybe I can make a custom Pack with Sanyo 3500 , 18650 .

Hey, I am from India too. I also have same problem with the 14D. Can you please share your Instagram ID or message me here so that we can connect? 

I tried messaging you here but was getting

"

You are only allowed to send 0 messages per day. Please try again later.
  • OK

"

this message....

• Like 2

On 10/8/2019 at 11:29 PM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

There is a 420Wh option available for the 14D... It should give you a bit more performance (and would be easier than building your own pack.

They're in India, they have the resources to make anything out of nothing. The creativity there is simply amazing.