Ninebot Z10 is awesome!

M640x

17 minutes ago, Wolf said:

thanks Retrovertigo for the info and the warm welcome. i find your comments on the night riding very interesting because that's exactly what i was thinking of doing myself.

because there's hardly any traffic about at night at say around 1.00am in the morning nice and quiet. I'll be trying that out hopefully soon.

Hi Andy5225 i hope your well. your analogy is somewhat funny and strange :) none the less Retrovertigo has a point. like i said previously i never tried theZ10 yet but will soon the next dry day i get. i was imagining it would be like standing on a large beach ball rolling along the road. :)

Definitely worth the night riding if you have the opportunity. Especially if your roads are perhaps a little rough and you aren't sure how you will handle the little bumps and quirks. With no traffic around it doesn't matter if you hit something difficult and either weave sideways or have to step off!  :)

I totally agree to the sheer beauty of this wheel!

I'm still relatively new to EUC (this summer) but I've gone quite crazy with it and I have bought a lot of wheels, small and big. And the Z10 is just something else, not small nor big. Just different. 

I do have three 14 inch wheels, a v8 and a Nikola+. I must say that I don't use 14 inch quite often. Nor the v8.

I'm always between the Nikola and the Z10. I do think the Nik is the best all around wheel. It is clearly more agile than the Z. My God it is hard to turn on the Z10.. always have to practically stop before turning a street, otherwise on big speed I would make such a wide turn that I would almost go in the opposite side of the street and face a car!

On the Nik I can turn a lot more quickly.

Or maybe I don't know how to ride it correctly? Even when I lean heavily on a side that wheel doesn't turn faster ! The only way is to practically stop and then turn.

So in my opinion the Nikola is still by far the best wheel. But then why do I still keep the Z10?! It's a weird answer. Because it is different. I just like the esthetics, and the sound of it. The sound of it's rubber wheel on the ground, feeling like your on top of a powerful motor. You do feel the wheel engine.

On the nikola it's totally silent. It's like driving a magical wheel, almost ignoring it's a even powerful motor! 

So I will be keeping the Z10 because it is unique. As I said I'm quite crazy about wheels, changing a lot, so I might even change the nikola for a ks16x in the future, but I don't think the Z10 will be changed for anything else.. although a z10 second pro version??

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Eric plam said:

On the nikola it's totally silent. It's like driving a magical wheel, almost ignoring it's a even powerful motor!

The 100v Nikola? It’s silent when the fan isn’t on and you’re not riding it. Other than that it definetly growls when you give it some lean. I love the acceleration sound of the 100v Nik.

• Like 1

No it's 84v nikola. I don't hear or feel the motor while riding. But I'm not a speed cruiser , so maybe if you push it a lot..

I know the fan is noisy, but it while powering it on and not riding. Otherwise while riding you just can't hear the fan..

On the Z10 maybe it's not the motor, but the wide tire feel against the street that makes that addictive sound/feeling..

The z10 would be my best wheel ever.. if only I can get the touch on how to turn ! :)

19 minutes ago, Eric plam said:

The z10 would be my best wheel ever.. if only I can get the touch on how to turn ! :)

I'm a total beginner still, so don't take my word for it......but, one of the reasons I bought the Z10 was seeing riders like Rober Ace especially, hanging off it to turn. Just like a motorbike :) And as a biker, that absolutely appealed to me. 

I am getting braver and braver at really starting to hang off the wheel as I manhandle it around corners, and I love that sensation. Maybe there are better ways to do it, but gritting your teeth and leaning works well for me :D 

• Like 2

Thanks for the hint about Robert Ace. Didn't know the guy

I saw a video and he does go fast on straight lines and then slows down to 12kmh to turn..

So I guess there is no way to make it turn fast if even a guy like him slows down! :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eric plam said:

I saw a video and he does go fast on straight lines and then slows down to 12kmh to turn..

So I guess there is no way to make it turn fast if even a guy like him slows down! :)

Watch some more of his videos (his name is actually Rober Ace, I didn't miss-spell it :P ) He corners a lot faster than 12kmh in some of them I promise you :) 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Eric plam said:

Uhhh you’re always going to slow down while turning. And it’s not how fast he’s turning, it’s how fast he’s going before he makes a turn. Like you said, you can’t even make a 15mph turn without veering into oncoming traffic. 

Hes doing 30mph before leaning into a turn without slowing down before turning, while staying in his lane.

Edited by Darrell Wesh
  • Like 1

Put another 10 miles on the Z10 yesterday.  Getting very used to this wheel now.  Was trying out different psi settings and find that 30psi seems to be near perfect for me as far as a smoother ride and it's reactions to road imperfections. 

I actually thought that because of the size of the tire that the wheel would be less maneuverable but I find that for me  it cuts just tightly as my 14S and is more stable doing it.  At my current skill level, the 14s would have put me on my butt if I tried some of the same tight turns on it.

I mentioned before about this will being a very good wheel as far as stability for a new rider.  After a new rider gets past learning how to balance, the Z10 provides extra stability when going straight and turning.

I still consider myself a new rider as I've only been at this little over a month and have less than 100 miles total with all of the wheels combined.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2019 at 9:02 AM, Retrovertigo said:

I'm a total beginner still, so don't take my word for it......but, one of the reasons I bought the Z10 was seeing riders like Rober Ace especially, hanging off it to turn. Just like a motorbike :) And as a biker, that absolutely appealed to me. 

I am getting braver and braver at really starting to hang off the wheel as I manhandle it around corners, and I love that sensation. Maybe there are better ways to do it, but gritting your teeth and leaning works well for me :D 

One of the major items that attracts me and keeps me on the Z10 so much is the amount of stability whether going straight or turning. 

I too like hanging off the side when I'm making faster corners on the Z10. I used to do this on my motorcycles and it's very comfortable for me turning this way.  I lean and grip the wheel with the outside leg and adjust my lean to make it turn as much or as little as I need to.  I know that you already know how to do this and I'm throwing that information out there for people that may not understand or know how to turn in this fashion. I love this wheel.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Senior Coffee said:

I too like hanging off the side when I'm making faster corners on the Z10.

And theres actually 2 completely different ways to do it:

1. Bend the inside knee into the outside of the corner, twist your torso into the outside of the corner and hang your ass into the corner.

2. Don't twist your torso but keep everything pointing forward and hang everything off into the inside of the corner (AKA Roberace)

I much prefer option 2 :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Planemo said:

And theres actually 2 completely different ways to do it:

1. Bend the inside knee into the outside of the corner, twist your torso into the outside of the corner and hang your ass into the corner.

2. Don't twist your torso but keep everything pointing forward and hang everything off into the inside of the corner (AKA Roberace)

I much prefer option 2 :)

Ironically I tried your number 1 yesterday, works good.

5 hours ago, Planemo said:

I did have a good picture of Anthony Edwards demonstrating No1

I'm pretty sure this is the pic you meant!

Anthony Edwards.jpg

• Like 1