Jump to content
h3X

Nikola 100V with 21700 cells

Recommended Posts

[Discussion split from the 3100Wh Monster thread]

Fingers crossed for a 21700 Nikola in time for spring!

Edited by meepmeepmayer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I so hope for a Nik+ with those 21700 cells and above 2k wh batt. Just like this newer type msx. Will it happen?? 

Edited by Rudy Sijnke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's likely that an 21700 1800Wh (1776Wh exact) 100V Nikola is easy to build with only two standard "block" battery packs in the usual designated spots (if the bigger cells really do fit like the old ones). It would be the 100V 21700 equivalent of the 18650 84V 1600Wh which just has a standard battery pack on each side, nothing special or complicated.

I say the chances are good because it's (most likely) easy and obvious to do this:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

It's likely that an 21700 1800Wh (1776Wh exact) 100V Nikola is easy to build with only two standard "block" battery packs in the usual designated spots (if the bigger cells really do fit like the old ones). It would be the 100V 21700 equivalent of the 18650 84V 1600Wh which just has a standard battery pack on each side, nothing special or complicated.

I say the chances are good because it's (most likely) easy and obvious to do this:)

So besides the 2x 900wh 21700 packs on both sides, there's still space on top to put an extra (for example 500wh or more?) pack👍🔝

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just in case any of you heard the rumours about Gotway using second hand 21700 cells, it is false, here the whole story:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2019 at 5:50 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

It's likely that an 21700 1800Wh (1776Wh exact) 100V Nikola is easy to build with only two standard "block" battery packs in the usual designated spots (if the bigger cells really do fit like the old ones). It would be the 100V 21700 equivalent of the 18650 84V 1600Wh which just has a standard battery pack on each side, nothing special or complicated.

I say the chances are good because it's (most likely) easy and obvious to do this:)

Yep.. this is the sort of range I am getting on mine.. 21700 Nik plus 100v

C4A4FDFD-3771-40D1-BDD5-694236E19DAB.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Afeez Kay If you would give us some photos of the new battery packs, that would be highly appreciated. How big they are, how they fit in the space designed for the slightly less narrow 18650 packs, just the packs in the wheel. Only one side panel opening needed;) I'm also wondering if your 21700 Nikola has the board on top or on the side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@Afeez Kay If you would give us some photos of the new battery packs, that would be highly appreciated. How big they are, how they fit in the space designed for the slightly less narrow 18650 packs, just the packs in the wheel. Only one side panel opening needed;) I'm also wondering if your 21700 Nikola has the board on top or on the side.

your answer can be found in this video of me and the owner of Gotway..;) the board is at the bottom.

Edited by Afeez Kay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2019 at 4:08 AM, Afeez Kay said:
.....
your answer can be found in this video of me and the owner of Gotway..;) the board is at the bottom.

Hmmm... this embedded video does not play on Safari Mac or iOS for me.  I did manage to get the video URL which also was a not straightforward.  I was able to play this video through the direct url,  just to confirm I had already seen this one.  This might be a forum software issue, Anyone else having issues with the embedding?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2019 at 2:35 PM, FreeRide said:

Hmmm... this embedded video does not play on Safari Mac or iOS for me.  I did manage to get the video URL which also was a not straightforward.  I was able to play this video through the direct url,  just to confirm I had already seen this one.  This might be a forum software issue, Anyone else having issues with the embedding?

Just tried on Safari and no issues. I generally use Chrome though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received mine yesterday as well.  Did a quick ride, feels like a magic carpet.  But turning needs quite some other technique than on my V10, this thing seems only want to steer in a straight line !

Edited by Kristof Willen
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1800 with two standard packs, does that mean you could have even more by adding a 3rd pack like they've started doing with the older style batteries or is there not enough room for a 3rd pack now now since these cells are larger?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MrRobot said:

1800 with two standard packs, does that mean you could have even more by adding a 3rd pack like they've started doing with the older style batteries or is there not enough room for a 3rd pack now now since these cells are larger?

For the (physically) smaller 18650 pack, they already had to cut away some plastic. I don't see how a full 900Wh 21700 pack would fit. But you could build a custom 450Wh pack for 2250Wh altogether. Maybe their upcoming Tesla-like wheel will have two 450Wh packs, then you could take one and put it in this Nikola.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sounds promising

 

Let's wait some more time then !

 

Btw, where did you order your new Nikola. I couldn't find any store online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, fred8569 said:

That sounds promising

 

Let's wait some more time then !

 

Btw, where did you order your new Nikola. I couldn't find any store online.

erides.co.uk has the 21700 Nik+

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!! You can get 900Wh in the top!!!! I'm not even looking at the price...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I looked at the price. 2750€. I guess that's... fair actually.

Edited by meepmeepmayer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really curious about full range tests on these compared to the 1845wh 100v 18650 models. Also, gotway app sucks at correctly monitoring battery life so the above screenshot means nothing :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Well, I looked at the price. 2750€. I guess that's... fair actually.

Haha you fell into temptation.
Yeah I think it's fair too. Even more fair considering it's a very trustworthy seller who believes in after sales service.

The 2200Wh MSX from Loomo store (Ali) costs the same.

Decisions decisions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...