KS16X latest v1.07 firmware was released

Chronic

1 hour ago, RoadRunner said:

Hm :blink1:

I’ve ridden all the different firmware’s. The current one is the best IMO. 1.05 had a couple of minor problems for me that 1.06 fixed. 1.07 has reduced throttling 10% or so. It also increased acceleration. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tadas said:

Just came back from riding v1.07.

It allowed me to go

32 km/h GPS speed (= 20 mph GPS speed = 34 KS km/h = 21.25 KS mph)

down to 65 V under load (= 70 V no load).

I like this very much, highly recommend to upgrade from v1.06 to v1.07.

Do you think it's softer and the pedals react better? 1.07 is good especially compared to 1.06

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1

Hard to say, but I think the hard pedal mode got harder pedals. After upgrading from v1.06 to v1.07 I changed pedal mode from "experient" (WTF??) to "riding" mode to get the rocket feeling back. The softer pedals feel much more fun to me. Whoever is complaining about v1.07, I would first ask if they had tried all pedal modes.

Edited by Tadas
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tinkererboi said:

So riding mode is harder than experimemt mode on 1.0.7? 

Difficult to say, but my impression is that v1.07 hard is harder than v1.06 hard. That's good, there is a difference in the riding settings and everyone can pick their own.

Was there a fix posted yet where I'm getting an endless spinning double-circle on the FW upgrade?  How long should it typically take?  

I'm using the latest Android app, upgrading from 1.05.  Thanks!

**EDIT** --Okay, it's working now.  Android app won't do it.  ioS app on my iPad is doing the job! 

...Wow - SUPER responsive to direction (inspiring way more confidence in tight turns),  quicker, and the best thing is that it seems solidly level at all times during slow movement, ,, so far only tested in the back hallways here at work.

**UPDATE** - 10/7:  Okay, my full commute of riding throughout the typical day.  Briefly;  Sluggish but stable.  I mentioned that at low speeds it was very responsive in the hallway but anything at higher speeds, and especially even higher, it is SLUGGISH to respond!  Especially one of my favorite features of powering out of turns.  NO, it requires at least 3 to 4 times more effort to do anything, speed up, turn.  The stability however is far more, well, stable - but only because it feels like there's a new sensor constantly working to "fight" against any hard effort, and that is why I think it's naturally very nimble & responsive at walking speeds.  I've checked 3x now my RIDING MODE to see if it was accidentally put into "Learner Mode" because this now feels like it would be ideal for learning.  No, it's in Experient Mode where I've had it.  I've tried re-calibrating the Horizontal 3 times as well - this made only a very slight difference.  

I'm already adapting pretty quickly by having to majorly change my riding style,- this involves huge over-leaning of my body and strong compression pumps at the knees to get it going.  Of course this makes me look way more over-dramatic in my body language, lol, which just acts to impress my fans on the street even more so.  Yes and I haven't even been able to push it past 24mph yet because the faster I go the MORE it "pushes" against me.  It's also started doing this weird flop-over-to-my-right-leg thing while at the same time trying to do a slow, long turn to the left - even more if there's a headwind.  I'm finding that a more forward-placed foot stance is starting to rectify this.  ...sheesh!

OH!  And to prove my theory that the computer/motor is working harder to "fight" against my strong moves, the battery level when I arrived at work was all the way down to 76, whereas it has been consistently at 79!  Same commute, possibly even less and definitely slower!  

UPDATE 10/8/19:  Tried “Riding Mode” in riding mode setting and finding that it behaves more like what I was used to in “Experient Mode” under fw 1.05.  Also have adopted a more toes-forward off the pedals stance, and positioning my right foot a bit farther forward than the left to address the right-leaning quirk.  This happens more when I’m riding along a right-leaning slope or a strong headwind .  

Edited by CampDylan
Updated info x2
  • Like 3

On 10/4/2019 at 12:22 PM, Patton250 said:

I just updated the firmware now. Now when I’m charging it it continuously beeps every 60-90 seconds. 

Same here.  I charge mine in the small break room at work and it's a bit annoying - -thank goodness I usually only have to charge from 79Volts on the fast charger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CampDylan said:

Same here.  I charge mine in the small break room at work and it's a bit annoying - -thank goodness I usually only have to charge from 79Volts on the fast charger.

You've got to be kidding me. @stephen, does yours beep while charging? This would be beyond annoying.

7 minutes ago, CampDylan said:

It finally quit beeping when it got to around 83 volts.

I still have to hear if this is normal behavior for all 16X's running 1.07

• Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 3:55 PM, buell47 said:

Yes, if you charge it with more than 5.01A the annoying beep/beep starts. This shit happens since firmware 1.0.7. 

I have send details to Micheal from KS, but maybe it's better more people should complain about this bug or damn feature. 

Charging with 5.10 - 5.16 A (fast charger from 1radwerkstatt, similar to the ewheels charger) 

Alarm sounds at:

1. 00:14

2. 00:47

3. 00:50

4. 01:25

5. 01:32

6. 01:35

7. 01:50

8. 01:52

9. 02:38 - set charging rate to 4A

no alarm sounds at 4A 

10. 04:34 - set charging rate back to 5A - alarm starts again. 

As soon as the CC phase ends and the CV phase begins, the current decreases slowly from about 5.15A. As soon as the current has dropped to 5.00A, the alarm tone is gone. 

If other people have no issues, it's because not all 5A fast chargers are charging with little more than exactly 5A. 

I also get 2 beeps when charging more than 4A current at v1.07 firmware.

I asked Micheal and he said that this was not the intended function. He may be testing now.

Let's wait for his feedback.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

You've got to be kidding me. @stephen, does yours beep while charging? This would be beyond annoying.

Mines not beeping but my fast charger runs at about 5amps so i might not be over the threshold👍 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, stephen said:

Mines not beeping but my fast charger runs at about 5amps so i might not be over the threshold👍 

Oh, I see. It only happens when you're pumping excessive currents into the wheel. I can't imagine needing more than 5-amps for charging but I guess it's a nice option to have.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Oh, I see. It only happens when you're pumping excessive currents into the wheel. I can't imagine needing more than 5-amps for charging but I guess it's a nice option to have.

I don't charge with more then 5A (according to the specs and setting on my charger, but the charger is not 100% calibrated and charging rate is 5.16A. This 0.16A more is already causes the Alarm. 

I have sent already lot of details to Micheal (KS) , so I hope they can understand the problem. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Seba said:

5 amps as excessive current for +1500 Wh wheel? I love riding long distances. The problem is that I have to recharge my wheel after each 60-70 km. Having charger that only 5 amps rated it would take twice the time to recharge in comparision to 10 amps. Especially, doing a 214 kilometers / 133 miles a day would be impossible with just 5 amp charger:

https://euc.world/tour/577799012031245

I guess by the time I've drained one of my 1600wh wheels my legs have no more energy for riding more. You have great stamina :cheers:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Seba said:

5 amps as excessive current for +1500 Wh wheel? I love riding long distances. The problem is that I have to recharge my wheel after each 60-70 km. Having charger that only 5 amps rated it would take twice the time to recharge in comparision to 10 amps. Especially, doing a 214 kilometers / 133 miles a day would be impossible with just 5 amp charger:

https://euc.world/tour/577799012031245

What charger do you use @Seba Is 10amps safe is this through one port?