KS16X latest v1.07 firmware was released

Chronic

12 hours ago, buell47 said:

I'm not sure, but I'm sure you will know it if you ride with Music. :efefa6edcf:

What happens without the bluetooth update? 

My neighbor has a batch 2 16x and says this 

——

I’ve noticed that at lower speed, when I make a tight turn, when my wheel get straight again it’s already unbalanced. Sometimes it is too much forward and sometimes it is too much backwards 

—— 

Maybe he should apply the update as he hadn't yet. Thoughts? 

• Like 1

Yes, that's exactly what's happened with mine. If you switch Bluetooth Music on and playing music it's going even worse. 

After the patch all was fine. 

Edited by buell47

On 10/3/2019 at 10:00 AM, stephen said:

Have you done the Bluetooth patch to try rectify this just incase it is a problem or was it done from supplier

Turns out my 2nd Batch wheel already comes with it patched, according to Jason.

Lost my charge port rubber bootie - he'll be getting them in soon...

Edited by CampDylan
  • Like 1

Hi folks,

My recently received wheel (one week old) updated to 1.0.7, also have this issue of tilting (at lower) speed, perhaps also when cornering(?)
I'm a newbie, it's why this issue is so difficult for me to sort it out, what's my part of the mystery :D 
I'm glad (sorry for you :D ) to know that I'm not the only to be plagued with this issue...
I'll try to find the BT patch and hope I finally can (try to) ride this wheel...

2 hours ago, Patton250 said:

I just updated the firmware now. Now when I’m charging it it continuously beeps every 60-90 seconds. 

I do not have this issue. 1.0.7 is great. Love it so far. Big improvement in ride stability from 1.0.6. But I also lowered my tire pressure closer to 25psi, so can't tell source of improvement. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, WenInPhilly said:

I do not have this issue. 1.0.7 is great. Love it so far. Big improvement in ride stability from 1.0.6. But I also lowered my tire pressure closer to 25psi, so can't tell source of improvement. 

I didn’t say I had any problems. I said that it beeps when I plug it in. It rides fine and I notice a lot of improvements. I was asking why it was beeping during charging with a fast charger.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

I didn’t say I had any problems. I said that it beeps when I plug it in. It rides fine and I notice a lot of improvements. I was asking why it was beeping during charging with a fast charger.

You have this problem only with a fast charger? How many Amp?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, R2D2 said:

this issue of tilting

Is it a slow, forward tilt, randomly and then in a few seconds tilts back to level?  I get this regularly with my 1.05.  Worst is when it it dips down just as I'm about to climb a steep incline so my toes are almost about to touch the pavement.  Come to think of it, no, it doesn't seem to happen at speeds 18mph and more thank goodness.

8 hours ago, Patton250 said:

I just updated the firmware now. Now when I’m charging it it continuously beeps every 60-90 seconds. 

Yes, if you charge it with more than 5.01A the annoying beep/beep starts. This shit happens since firmware 1.0.7. 

I have send details to Micheal from KS, but maybe it's better more people should complain about this bug or damn feature. 

Charging with 5.10 - 5.16 A (fast charger from 1radwerkstatt, similar to the ewheels charger) 

Alarm sounds at:

1. 00:14

2. 00:47

3. 00:50

4. 01:25

5. 01:32

6. 01:35

7. 01:50

8. 01:52

9. 02:38 - set charging rate to 4A

no alarm sounds at 4A 

10. 04:34 - set charging rate back to 5A - alarm starts again. 

As soon as the CC phase ends and the CV phase begins, the current decreases slowly from about 5.15A. As soon as the current has dropped to 5.00A, the alarm tone is gone. 

If other people have no issues, it's because not all 5A fast chargers are charging with little more than exactly 5A. 

Edited by buell47

6 hours ago, R2D2 said:

Hi folks,

My recently received wheel (one week old) updated to 1.0.7, also have this issue of tilting (at lower) speed, perhaps also when cornering(?)
I'm a newbie, it's why this issue is so difficult for me to sort it out, what's my part of the mystery :D 
I'm glad (sorry for you :D ) to know that I'm not the only to be plagued with this issue...
I'll try to find the BT patch and hope I finally can (try to) ride this wheel...

Try the Bluetooth patch and also try a good calibration ( best way) get the bottom foam out of the box the wheel came with 

Download a good level app( i use bubble)

Place wheel in foam (it keeps it well sturdy)

Use level app on the side of the wheel so it's level,, vertically,,, (only use side of phone where there's no buttons otherwise you'll have to use a spirit level if you got buttons both sides)

Then put level on footplate untill it's at 0.01 degree so it's slightly up at the front ( using app is good as it tells you digitally) ,,, this will change when you turn it back on but at least you have a practice and then you can see what level it's on before you do the calibration,,,

Turn on wheel ( this is where it goes to your level 😁 as mentioned)

Press calibration in kingsong app

The wheel should then turn off

And then make sure you level it like before (vertically and horizontally 0.01 )

While Holding wheel still,, press power button for 3-5 seconds , let go and it should beep few times , while still holding it steady it should then make another beep and it should be set. always looking at the level to keep it 0.01

It only take a little movement to knock it out a few degrees so hold it steady through the process ,, maybe good to use 2 phones if possible 

Do this procedure in your home on a true flat ground 

Hope this helps

6 hours ago, WenInPhilly said:

I use 35psi but I'm over 200lbs kitted up,

I like 1.07 it's a nice ride

5 hours ago, Patton250 said:

I use 5 amp fast charger mine doesn't beep . Does it beep with standard charger?

3 hours ago, CampDylan said:

Is it a slow, forward tilt, randomly and then in a few seconds tilts back to level?  I get this regularly with my 1.05.  Worst is when it it dips down just as I'm about to climb a steep incline so my toes are almost about to touch the pavement.  Come to think of it, no, it doesn't seem to happen at speeds 18mph and more thank goodness.

Firmware 1.07 doesn't tilt for me when going uphill as firmware 1.05 does it slightly but nothing serious , when going uphill you will notice it more, are you sure it's just not leveling out  cause your going uphill . firmware 1.07 is better for these situations

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Yes, if you charge it with more than 5.01A the annoying beep/beep starts. This shit happens since firmware 1.0.7. 

I'll see what my 5 amp charger is charging at or I'll plug both chargers in to see if it beeps ,, not for full charge lol just to see if it beeps👍

I suspect it could be a deliberate function so that one does not charge at a terminal with more than 5A.

I could also test if 3A on port 1 and 2.5A on port 2 would trigger this alarm. I guess not. But I can't test at the moment. Battery full and shit weather

11 minutes ago, stephen said:

I use 5 amp fast charger mine doesn't beep . Does it beep with standard charger?

With how much ampere exactly does the charger charge?

Read my post above yours, I think you missed it. 

Should the alarm really be a new feature, then they should also leave some tolerance, because not every 5A charger loads almost exactly with 5A, depending on the calibration with 0.1 - 0.3A more. That shouldn't be a problem. 

Edited by buell47
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, ElectriQ User said:

You have this problem only with a fast charger? How many Amp?

I saw Mickeys quote on Facebook too. Apparently it’s a known issue for fast chargers set at 5 A. I will verify that this afternoon when I charge it after using it this morning. I will set it at 4 A and report back whether it beeps or not.

11 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

I saw Mickeys quote on Facebook too. Apparently it’s a known issue for fast chargers set at 5 A. I will verify that this afternoon when I charge it after using it this morning. I will set it at 4 A and report back whether it beeps or not.

Best to use 2 chargers, I use one at 4A and the second one at 1.5A. :thumbup:

31 minutes ago, KAY GEE said:

I'm not sure if this is the best. Maybe to prevent the annoying beeps, but not the best overall. 

3 hours ago, KAY GEE said:

Ok. I’ll let Jason at eWheels know he doesn’t know what he’s doing. Thank you.

On 10/2/2019 at 2:41 PM, stephen said:

So i tested the 1.07 firmware right down to 2% i don't want to do a big write up so i did 5 videos😬 which i will upload tonight (just processing) 

I like 1.07. Had a real blast today 

I love this wheel 😁😁

Sorry but you have to watch all 5😂 or skip to the last if I'm that boring 😁😁

Thanks guys

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Finally watched these. Very good Stephen. Only wished you have switched to 1.05 at ~25%, but still great info.

My take away is that I'd probably be satisfied with 1.07 because I spend all of my riding below 25-mph and mostly between 18 & 22 mph. But based on my conservative nature of riding (no hard accelerations while I'm riding fast) I'm still sticking with 1.05.  Particularly after you stated that 1.05 has stiffer pedals. I like hard mode like what you get with Gotway.

I'll see if you ever posted some some more 1.05 follow-up videos.

Thanks again :cheers:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Finally watched these. Very good Stephen. Only wished you have switched to 1.05 at ~25%,

Tbh 1.05 or 1.07 the last 25% goes down so quick and both have good speeds 👍

I did do a range test the day before on 1.05, I just put it in description on YouTube  sry 😁

24 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

My take away is that I'd probably be satisfied with 1.07 because I spend all of my riding below 25-mph and mostly between 18 & 22 mph. But based on my conservative nature of riding (no hard accelerations while I'm riding fast) I'm still sticking with 1.05.  Particularly after you stated that 1.05 has stiffer pedals. I like hard mode like what you get with Gotway.

I'll see if you ever posted some some more 1.05 follow-up videos.

I'm back on 1.05 doing more tests and tbh they are both good firmwares it was 1.06 what was ridiculous regarding throttling, 1.05 is good as long as you know it's limits , I'm testing 1.05 still and had no issues , i think I'm finished with testing now so i can just ride and enjoy without trying to go speeds just to test , I'll obviously keep doing videos with commentary though 😁 i love my mic lol, 

Cheers marty👍

• Like 3

16 hours ago, stephen said:

Try the Bluetooth patch and also try a good calibration ( best way) get the bottom foam out of the box the wheel came with 

Download a good level app( i use bubble)...

Thx Stephen,

I did it and fixed the issue  :thumbup: 

19 hours ago, CampDylan said:

Yes mostly at relative slow speed, when accelerating there is no dipping issue on my wheel, slowing down or when making an u-turn on a small place (with reverse) then I couldn't stay on the wheel

but it's fixed with the famous BT patch :D
Can't believe why KS don't issue an official patch so everyone can use it.
I discovered it here on the forum... Thank you again :D 

• Like 2