KS16X latest v1.07 firmware was released

Chronic

On 9/30/2019 at 5:52 PM, redfoxdude said:

Trying to get it to upgrade, but no dice so far. I click the upgrade button and then the app just hangs. Tried laying it on either the right or left side, but nothing. The animation spins but it never shows a progress bar or anything.

Hoping to try it out on the way home from work today!

You are lucky that you can not update... This update for pensionary... Kingsong as usually mess up. 

• Like 2

Is this a new bug or a new feature in Firmware 1.0.7? :confused1:

As soon as you charge with at least 5A there are continuous alarm signals (beep,beep). The distances between each other are also totally different.

Within 6:30 minutes there were 6 alarm signals:
Screenshot-20191001-213721-Clock.jpg

Up to 4A charge rate everything is as usual, without any sounds.

Updated to 1.05 to 1.07 this morning from the KS app on my iPhone (iOS 13). Worked perfectly the first time.

I noticed right away that acceleration is noticeably smoother. It feels really good so far.

The only annoyance with this update is that the headlight now requires 4 presses to turn off after the wheel is turned on, which is a lot of attention grabbing beeping when getting off the train.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lioku said:

The only annoyance with this update is that the headlight now requires 4 presses to turn off after the wheel is turned on, which is a lot of attention grabbing beeping when getting off the train.

You could always buy a flic button from @Seba link if you use it that often and then you can switch on/off at your leisure with the touch of a buttom 👍👍

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

What exactly does "smoother" mean? Multiple people have said this.

It's a subtle change, but I notice less low intensity PWM vibration feeling, which wasn't really pronounced before, but it's even less now. Previously it felt a little like two well oiled cogs turning against each other.

I would wait to upgrade if you have any doubt. It's not a huge change. I've rarely gone below 50% on my battery so the throttling isn't such a big concern for me. Definitely curious to hear reports about when it starts specifically and how severe it is.

Edited by lioku
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, lioku said:

Or just use the App with a single click :)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gytis said:

Actually it means slower

Seriously? Your wheel accelerating slower after update from 1.0.5/1.0.6 to 1.0.7? 

Please be more specific, how much slower in seconds you are now? 

17 minutes ago, Gytis said:

Actually it means slower

Are you talking about the word smoother or actual experience? 

Smoother acceleration to me would be (given that it's PWM controlled): x time at step y in which both x and y are reduced ... So if going from 20% to 40% (power) it might be 20-25-30-35-40 before while its now 20-22.5-25-27.5 etc in the same timespan. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gytis said:

Slower-- it means you can push pedals very aggressive, but ... It accelerate " smooth" . Same with brakes... Especially after 1.0.5

When I accelerate with a Lamborghini Diablo, it's not very smooth. If I take a BMW, it's very smooth. Nevertheless, both can accelerate equally fast, so I don't quite understand your statement.:confused1:

But my feeling told me, the Lamborghini is faster. :D

If you make such statements here, it would make more sense to express this in numbers before everyone starts crying again and your "feeling" is spread as a correct speed/acceleration test.;)

Edited by buell47
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, buell47 said:

When I accelerate with a Lamborghini Diablo, it's not very smooth. If I take a BMW, it's very smooth. Nevertheless, both can accelerate equally fast, so I don't quite understand your statement.:confused1:

But my feeling told me, the Lamborghini is faster. :D

If you make such statements here, it would make more sense to express this in numbers before everyone starts crying again and your "feeling" is spread as a correct speed/acceleration test.;)

Sorry, 1.0.7 not BMW, but Fiat Punto

29 minutes ago, stephen said:

I don't care how many x and y there is or incremental stages it's definitely not slower, kingsong themselves in the update chart says it has better acceleration , if its based on the test firmware I'll have to disagree with you and sat it's faster 

at the end you say "in the same timespan" so how can it be slower?

Just wanted to point out that you are referring to my post and Gytis as from the same person. With my numbers I was trying to give an example of what i consider smoother (same amount of acceration in the same time but with smaller incremental steps) which isn't slower.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Unfortunately I can't go back to 1.0.6, so I can't record an acceleration test to compare with 1.0.7.

But @stephencan, if he wants. :rolleyes:

There was nothing wrong with the acceleration on 1.06 just the throttling was crap

I'll go on 1.07 today and do some tests so then i can compare 👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, craio said:

Just wanted to point out that you are referring to my post and Gytis as from the same person. With my numbers I was trying to give an example of what i consider smoother (same amount of acceration in the same time but with smaller incremental steps) which isn't slower.

Oooh my bad sorry i do apologize👍 I'll delete it 👍😊

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Unfortunately I can't go back to 1.0.6, so I can't record an acceleration test to compare with 1.0.7.

But @stephencan, if he wants. :rolleyes:

Sorry,I don't compare with 1.0.6, only to 1.0.5 

Big difference between them already

3 minutes ago, Gytis said:

Sorry,I don't compare with 1.0.6, only to 1.0.5 

Big difference between them already

Okay, then I can't say anything about that. I rode the 16X only with 1.0.6 and 1.0.7. 

I can't seem to get my16X to actually do the update.. the circle on the app just spins with no status bar.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the App from the Kingsong site and tried Flipping the side the EUC sits...  :crying:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stephen said:

So i tested the 1.07 firmware right down to 2% i don't want to do a big write up so i did 5 videos😬 which i will upload tonight (just processing) 

I like 1.07. Had a real blast today 

I love this wheel 😁😁

Sorry but you have to watch all 5😂 or skip to the last if I'm that boring 😁😁

Thanks guys

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

I'll have to wait until tomorrow to get time to take a look. If anyone wants to summarize in text, that would be cool.