Ninebot Z6 vs Inmotion V8 for beginner?

Rincewind

Hi all! New to the forum & new to the hobby/lifestyle:) I'm looking to pick up my first wheel and I've found a Z6 and a V8, both second hand for around the same price...what do you guys think I should go for? Open to any and all advice! (Based in the UK, weight 85kgs, use will be mainly to commute 6miles round trip)

• Like 1

You can buy spares for a v8 much easier than for a Z6 and the v8 has a better reliability record and is lighter to carry. If the price is similar you could also consider whichever has the lowest mileage. Both of these EUCs are good options for your stated purpose. I have a v8 and like it a lot.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nic said:

You can buy spares for a v8 much easier than for a Z6 and the v8 has a better reliability record and is lighter to carry. If the price is similar you could also consider whichever has the lowest mileage. Both of these EUCs are good options for your stated purpose. I have a v8 and like it a lot.

Thanks for the input! I am leaning towards the V8...

• Like 1

As much as it pains me to say it, I think the V8 would be better for a beginner.

I loved my Z6, and I love my Z10 even more, but I learnt to ride on a V5F. The Zeds need a whole different skillset to ride well above 15mph or so, not to mention the tramlining which at best could easily make a new rider very uneasy, and at worst could lead to a fall. My daughter didnt gel well at all with my Z6 which was a shame as it would have been easy to hand it down to her when I got the 10. Instead I am looking for a KS16S for her.

Truth be told, in a way I am glad she didnt like it, you need to read the road like a hawk and understand your terrain when riding one and at her age and experience she just wants to get on and have fun. Whilst she can and does exercise caution when crossing raised edges, its far more of a bum clenching issue with the fat tyre if you happen to have missed it coming than you would on a narrower tyre.

• Like 1