Simple fix of the KS-16s sensitive light sensor

Fer9001

HI fellow EUC riders!

I was annoyed by the constantly on and off going of my KS-16s light from passing under light poste or the home lights. So I kame up with the idea of modefie the sensor to catch less light and make it less responsive.The proses is simple. I pouted a layer if clear tape on the sensor, painted it black with a permanent marker and stick a second layer of clear tape over to avoid the discoloration over time. I have used it for one year and I am satisfied with the results. If Kingsong is reading the postes in this forum I suggest them to tinter the clear cap of the sensor on the next models to prevent the flickering of the light on auto mode. 

Edited by Fer9001

That remembers me my issue on KS18L where the sensor is by default on the back of the wheel. This was making some really annoying effects while driving: lights of cars driving behind me was switching of my KS18LL lights. The solution for me was to move mud flap to the other end of the wheel and having the sensor in the front of the wheel... :-)

40 minutes ago, TomOnWheels said:

That remembers me my issue on KS18L where the sensor is by default on the back of the wheel. This was making some really annoying effects while driving: lights of cars driving behind me was switching of my KS18LL lights. The solution for me was to move mud flap to the other end of the wheel and having the sensor in the front of the wheel... :-)

Clever solution fast and simple.

• Like 1